Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Merge Outlook Groups, Skype for Business and Yammer chats and Teams in one unique experience with one unique app and presence status

It is a little bit confuse to us look for a conversation we had in more than one place. It happens a lot because some conversations (generally started by e-mail) are in Outlook Group, while others are in a Teams channel or in a Skype for Business or Yammer chat.
    I think that Teams, Skype for Business and Outlook needs to be merged in one UNIQUE rich experience. All we wish the most is to have a SINGLE PLACE TO SEARCH, share and talk.
    The presence status needs to be one for all Microsoft Office enviroment.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make Teams documents visible to Delve

A major barrier to adoption of Teams across our business is the difficulty in finding files - you need to find the right team and then access the files that way, assuming that the file you are looking for isn't in OneDrive, or a SharePoint Online site, etc.

Ideally, the files inside Teams libraries should also be exposed to Office Graph, so that Files can be found via Delve, allowing for a single point of search for all documents.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. View Date/Time on past chats

When viewing past chats, you see "yesterday" or the date like 11/11 but you do not see the time of the conversation. If you need to review the times for anything you are currently unable to see these. Can this be added?

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add Links Tab to Conversation View

Options are currently:

Conversation - shows chat
    Files - shows attachments sent in chat
    Notes - shows notes
    + - shows additional apps

"Links" should be another tab which shows all URL's posted in the conversation. Common feature in other solutions.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. custom url h

Can you please enable support for custom URL protocols ?

We have applications registered as URL protocol handlers that utilise custom URL's sent from those applications for easy navigation

so for eg when a user receives the URL

starflow://localhost/event=showDocument&documentId=2231381
    ...and clicks on it, the action is handled by the registered URL protocol handler app

These custom URL's are already supported in Outlook, Word, Excel, PPT and One Note....as well as many other Windows/Mac applications...so why not TEAMS ?

Thanks

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Team as distribution list

The group I created automatically generated a contact in the company directory. If this acted as a distribution list, it would be fine. However, it has potential to duplicate existing distribution lists. Beyond that, if you accidentally email the contact, it goes into the "Groups" folder, which for our team which has only barely begun using MSTeams, basically sends it into a void. It does not appear in the inbox or as a skype notification or even in MSTeams itself!! If at least it showed up in MSTeams as a post, it would make some sense. As it is, it's…

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. outlook integration

Currently, in outlook, you cannot interchangeably view discussions. if i create a discussion in outlook, it does not start in teams nor vice versa. that would be a great asset for our organization. at the same time, archival of those conversations are key when old conversations need to be archived for past projects.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sync Skype and Team statuses

It would be great if your Skype (for business) status could automatically turn to do not disturb when your in a MTeam call.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integration for Workfront

It would be very nice to integrate with the workfront project/task management solution so that we can manage our tasks from within the teams desktop app.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

11. Document Set in Teams

Make document sets from Sharepoint Available in Teams, or give us the full Sharepoint Document Library feature Set.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Full integration of external Sharepoint

Before I created my Teamplace I already had a SharePoint.
    I integrated my SharePoint in Teams in such a way, that it is available in Teams Desktop App on the top "Files".

But when I open MS Planner Board, open a card and want to add an attachment, I can only choose the in Teams integrated SharePoint. But I would like to use / access my connected (external) SharePoint.

Expected behaviour:
    By adding an external SharePoint Site, I want it to behave like the integrated internal SharePoint site (which comes with MS Teams).

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. copy a picture that is already posted in a chat

If someone posted a picture/screenshot in the chat the only way I can copy that picture is to download it and then re post it. In Slack I was just able to right click on the picture copy and then pasted on another chat. In teams when I right click on the picture nothing happens. Is this feature possible in Teams?

Thank you

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. integrate with Last Pass

I use Last Pass for password management. I don't have the option to save my Teams login information when I log into Teams

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Teams Add-on to Salesforce

Create a phone/notes interface in Salesforce to allow Microsoft Phone System users to be able to make calls to customers (Click-to-Dial) with a notes box to add to the contact or customer record in Salesforce.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enable video calling in ChromeOS

Currently video calling is disabled in ChromeOS browser. Please enable, just another Chrome browser, isn't it!?

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Live editing of tabbed documents

This would apply to all things. I find it cumbersome that I need to open a new tab to edit the document that is right in front of me. Would love to be able to edit right there in that tab and see others doing the same. Collaboration levels would increase.

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Set Focus on chat when open or change to the teams window

When I open the chat conversation and change the window to other program and back again to the same conversation (or only click on an existing conversation), the set focus on the chat field will be set. Today I'll need to click on this field to continue writing a text, this is not productive.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Support for Firefox first party isolation

Teams doesn't work when Firefox forst-party isolation is turned on. Please remove the dependence on 3rd party cookies.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Onenote

I would like an option to restore the default note tab to Onenote.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base