Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Show the full message of Yammer post with Post tab in Channel

If you add Yammer tab to Channel and post Yammer, then you share it to the Post tab of the Channel by using Share to Channel, only the first part of the Yammer post will be shown.
    So, we would like you to enable the full message of the post to be shown with Post tab.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sig´´

Signalize a Running Call

We are a system integrator that uses mainly Crestron products. At the moment there is no option to get the information from Skype/Teams if there is a running call / active call. It would be usefull so we can implement signal lights that light up red when the user is in an active call.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Make this page accessible from Teams

Can you open an access to https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com from Teams application ("Help" menu) ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Improve frame requests toward video interop gateways

Please improve how key frame requests toward video interop gateways to mitigate the video pulsing/recurring out of focus behavior we see when Teams participants with poor network connectivity join the Teams conference.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Hide the Add member button

It would be great if I can choose show/hide the Add member button.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add an "About" option that shows the year and teams installation type

I ran into an issue with adding audio to my Outlook meetings, only to find it was due to the version of Teams I was running. There is no detail on the teams installation type that can be found from the main menu. I did notice an About option in help, but that was for the help function. It would be nice provide this detail in an easy to find manner.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Hide Edit in Teams

Even if we allow access with certain IP address only for SPO and OD, everyone can select Edit in Teams on a file to open and download files.
    It would be great to have a feature to hide Edit in Teams as workaround.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Meetings, working on documents and chats must be able to seperate or productivity is greatly impacted.

Deploying Teams to enterprise users, I hear the frustration of not being able to spread the communications onto separate screens as separate efforts. Example: Bounce a Meeting into another window, while being able to chat with a colleague NOT in the meeting and collaborating on yet a third effort (Editing a document) all at the same time. This is a common pain point pushing users to resist Teams adoption.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Functional Email account inbox automatic migration in to do list in Boards so we can keep track off status of action required

Our team uses a functional email acount. we would like to have the inbox of this account automatically migrated to the to do list of our team board so we can assign emails to team members to answer

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. "where" someone is whether on laptop or mobile

I would like for my status to show whether I am on my laptop or my mobile device. Further, being able to set location based on ip address when on a laptop would be great as well. For instance... I saw a coworker was "available" but was unresponsive to messages. When I called, they said they were logged in on their phone and not at the office yet. Instead of assuming someone was really available both seeing that they were on mobile and had been inactive for the past 10 hours would have easily told me that they were not…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. scriptable status

I would like to have status be scriptable from outside of Teams. Bare minimum would be command line, better yet, would be to support IFTTT.

One use case is to always default to appear away when logging in over the weekend.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Enable the Web site of OneDrive to be shown in browsers

When you add a OneDrive link to the Web site tab, the site is shown in Desktop client, but not in browsers. So, I would like you to enable the Web site to be shown in browsers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add support for sharing with Microsoft To-Do

Having all MS applications; Office 365, I expect them to share data easily between them.

Today if I use the Microsoft To-Do application and choose Share, Microsoft Teams is not a support application. Granted I can copy & paste, but integration between the two apps is expected.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Just play nice with other MS products

For me is amazing how a product developed by Microsoft itself doesn't play nice with basic other product like Office. Shared images can't be copied and paste in PPT. This is just sad.
    Also, it is very sad that every time Teams lost focus and I active the window again, I have to click in the text area to type again in the chat I just left. How you develop this? How your QA team doesn't detect such a basic misbehavior?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Teams to be interoperable with standard video or work as S4B!

There is a whole world out there that needs to communicate!
    To make Teams your new, and only, way to do video, NOT being able to connect to Standard based solutions, or for videoservices, no matter brand, coexist with your solutions, the way you made it possible with S4B. Without an open communication, your solution should be sent back to the 19th Century! It is simply wrong thinking! Sorry, but this is the truth!
    A very, very unhappy customer!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. More intuitive please

Please enhance interface, it should be easy an fun to work with teams

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can you make it possible to be able to transfer/migrate teams across different tenancies?

It is common for staff to move between Universities and to take some of their work with them, could you create a feature that allows staff to move their teams from one tenancy to another so they can continue managing them when they switch institutions.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Teams Only cannot initiate chat to Skype users on Islands mode

When a user is in Teams Only mode, they cannot send a chat to a user who is on Skype. The only way a Skype user can chat with a Teams user is if the Skype user initiates the chat from their end to the Teams user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. for one-person companies useless

I am a business consultant = one person company working with different customers. Teams is useless as long as I cannot form teams outside of my organization.
    And Skype4B (the reason why I bought this license) does not connect to my Office365Exchange => cannot setup meetings with customers in advance.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base