Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Moving a page from a personal OneNote to a Teams OneNote is insanely slow!

If I create a page in my personal OneNote and try to move it to a Teams notebook it literally takes and hour or more to synchronize. I've also lost at least one page that never made it to the Teams notebook at all. This is a major bug that needs fixing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Would be nice if you could at least view (read-only) proprietary Microsoft app formats such as Visio and MS Project within Teams natively

Would be nice if you could at least view (read-only) proprietary Microsoft app formats such as Visio and MS Project within Teams natively.

By which I mean, if I upload a Visio or MS Project file to Teams, it should be viewable within Teams without the requirement for an add-in or putting my hand in my pocket. I understand it can't be edited without the fully licensed version of the product, but having this read-only function would be a real usability and productivity gain for Team users and would probably result in some "up-sell" of the associated products as people…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Configure button in Connectors window should take you to the Configured events instead of creating a new one

In the Connectors window (choose Connectors from a channel), if you already have as connector then it appears at the top of the list with a Configure button. This gives the impression that you are going to change the settings for your existing connector. However, at least in the case of a Visual Studio Team Services connector, pressing the Configure button doesn't configure your existing Visual Studio Team Services events. Instead, it adds a new event. This was not what I expected.

Instead, pressing Configure should take you to the list of already-configured events. (You can currently get there by…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. QR

support QR code to :
    1. join a Team
    2. open a URL
    3. join a online meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Astrid nagging features needed

Need follow up features like Astrid

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Show discussions in Office

When opening a file from Teams into the native Office application (e.g. PowerPoint, etc.), it would be good to see the Teams discussion in the application window.

For example, a panel similar to the 'Format Object' panel in PowerPoint, at the right, containing the related Teams discussion.

The reason is that quite often we make updates to the file that require the full tool (advanced animations, etc.) based on those conversations. When working on a single monitor that means constantly flicking back and forth which gets irritating, especially when working real-time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Incorporate Forms into Outlook

Forms has a lot of great options that could be integrated into Outlook emails, specifically being able to do more than a yes/no radio button.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Assignee notification links open the web-based planner vs opening inside of the Teams environment

Email notification links should return the assignee to the Planner environment inside of Team s

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. The display name difference between Microsoft Teams clients

There is a difference on display name of a user between Microsoft Teams desktop client and mobile client. User’s display name is shown as a full name in desktop client. On the other hand, only the first name is displayed in mobile client. So, it would be great if you could standardize the display name between two clients.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I am looking for an App or Plugin to work with SharePoint lists from Microsoft teams. This would be the most natural usage for this Teams.

Microsoft Teams was advertised as a new, stronger Interface to SharePoint. The Interoperability with SharePoint is limited to files. This Supports trivial usage of SharePoint as an auxilary file System only. All functionality that can actually bring on Team work are not supported.
    Does Microsoft - for instace - want us to use Trello for our task lists instead of our internal SharePoint?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SfB Server plug-ins

I know there’s some interoperability, but I can’t find anywhere that states the upcoming 2018/2019 version of SfB Server will be able to utilise voice through Teams. If it did it would be a massive win for Microsoft as many of my customers don’t fit with SfB or Teams online so they opt for Enterprise server instead but want the use of Teams to collaborate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Object List with updatable status and link to actions pr object

I am looking for a function where I can adopt a exel list of objects to a updateable list in teams, where users from several different locations quickly can see status pr object, and also update them individually.
    Also I would like a "create action" pr object, and assign action to a person or function.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Hyperlinks Client Issue

When I click on "get link" in order to send a link to someone on my team, the link is client-specific. Meaning, if I create the link using the Deskop Application the link tries to use the Desktop Application when clicked on, if I use the Web, the link is to the Web, etc. Since each member of my team has different preferences, Desktop App, Web, Mobile App, etc. Using and sharing links to various content within teams is burdensome at best! The links should be client agnostic, or configurable ("By default open links in [Insert Client]") for easier collaboration…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. MS just continues to make thing different so the staff has to get used to yet another way of doing things. it is cute but not logical

Just another way of doing things, everytime MS comes out with something new the old functionality goes away, they change color palletes to terrible pastel colors, and bury the functionality in places that is hard to find how to use them. It is definitely built for 20 year olds, cute but not very functional with no relationship to programs of the past. Apple on the other hand still uses the same logic that they come up with in the 80's so the basic functions are tuned and modified but you do not have to relearn how to find things within…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Start OneDrive form personal account

I don't understand why when I'm using outlook and select a group I go to OneDrive but I can't do it for my own personal work address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 16 17 18 20 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.