Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Make a teams addin for outlook!

Imagine Teams as a plugin to Outlook to centralize office communications! That would be wonderful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. make it drag-and-drop to sharepoint please; catch up with last century's technology.

make teams and onedrive folders and files drag-and-drop to sharepoint please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. "Me" Team or section

The more I use Teams, the more I wish I had a Team just for me. I just created a Team with just me and I feel that it's way more practical than having separate apps running my files and my notes etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. outlook email link spam

When sending an email thread to a channel email address (obtained by clicking "..." by the channel name), only the top email on the thread should be posted to MS Team channel, since it already contains the link to the email thread back in Outlook.

By currently expanding all emails on that email thread on the posting add too much clutter to MS Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Display the added comment from the connected app (Wunderlist in particular)

I connected one of our Wunderlist groups and it is heavily used. But now I get notifications in teams that a comment has been added to a task, but it doesn't show me what the comment was. So I then have to launch Wunderlist (which shows up in a separate tab of my browser - no matter how many tabs I already had open for Wunderlist) It would be much faster if it just showed me the comment from within Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. support for sameroom.io ambient mode

We use Sameroom.io very heavily to allow our team to maintain all interactions with our customers through MSFT Teams. As we cannot force our customers to use MSFT Teams, we have found this to be a very elegant solutions to keep everyone in their native collaboration tools that their companies have adopted. Sameroom.io tells me that they are waiting for MSFT to implement a feature known as "ambient mode" for them to be able to add this support on their end. They also mention that this has already been done for Skype and Telegram via your Bot framework. Can you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. open notification system api

"Let's kill email!" except all your notifications from webapps, fire off an email and while you're there actioning that you might as well email someone about what you've just been notified of... and other similar cases

Teams needs a simple, open API for notifications that can replace email, when developing an App you just point any notification to appear in Teams instead.

This then shifts people out of email and into to teams fully.

Would need some rules and categorisation like email, but this would help embed Teams as where people start their work and not Outlook.

I'd also envisage…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Implement a function which allows access to folders in OneDrive.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive内のフォルダへアクセス可能とする機能の実装
    Implement a function which allows access to folders in OneDrive.

■Description(内容):
    PCより Teams内でOneDriveへのフォルダリンクを貼り付けた場合、iPadではエラーが発生し展開できない動作となる。
    (OneDrive内のファイルのリンクは展開可能)
    展開可能となる機能の実装、改善を希望

An error occurs on iPad when pasting a folder link on OneDrive in Teams on a PC and the link cannot be accessed. (File links in OneDrive can be accessed)
    We would like to request implementation and improvements to the functions so these can be accessed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Same spell check functionality and auto-correct as in Outlook and Word

Please can the autocorrect feature from Word be brought into MS Teams. I type fast and inaccurately in Word and Outlook because I have lots of autocorrects ready to correct me. MS Teams does not do the same and it slows me down ALOT. Plus often the MS Teams spellchecker has THE most bizarre suggestions for misspellings. eg I typed Shoudl instead of Should, but the only alternative MS teams could offer was 'Suzhou' - I mean, what, who or where is Suzhou?! Another great one was me typing Planenr instead of Planner, and MS Teams thought I must have…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの 「使用状況」 機能について
    “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    Teams を利用して Yammer を表示させた際の状況を確認できるようにしてほしい。
    Teams のチームチャネルのタブに特定の Yammer グループを追加して、Yammer を利用した場合に、「使用状況」 機能にて確認できるようにしてほしい。

Please allow us to check the state where Yammer is being displayed using Teams.
    We want to be able to confirm the usage of Yammer from within Teams by adding a specific Yammer group as a tab in a team channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support SIP URI calling from other PBX's

Currently the only way to route calls from existing PBX's to TEAMS is via Direct ROuting SBC and e.164 dialling.

We need tgha ability for this connection to support SIP URI calling between the platforms.

This was supported in Skype for Business and was used when a customer had multiple platforms, such as CUCM.

This blog describes the desired operation : https://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2013/06/updated-cucm-sip-uri-dialing-to-lync.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Provide the ability to inhibit Reverse Number Lookup

When running MS TEAMS Direct Routing in conjunction with other platforms, the ability to inhibit reverse number lookup is required for various reasons.

This feature was supported in Skype for Business, and was implemented at the tel URI level by adding ;ms-skip-rnl. e.g - tel:+16043532101;ms-skip-rnl

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add multiple people to a group at one time

Please provide adding multiple people to the group area like it does when adding members to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow "Share with Outlook" to collate several chat segments

At the moment, you can "Share with Outlook" on one segment of a chat thread (ie: I might say "Yes, that is OK" in response to a team member's request for approval, but I can only send to outlook my approval reply, not combine it with the team member's request).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Document copy link

When opening an Office online Document, in word, excel, powerpoint or in a Team document preview, please add a quick way ( New button, new keyboard shortcut "Win+ctrl+l" or whatever ) to get the link of the active document without going to the Share section.

Right now, the only way is to go to the Share section, and then to select "share with people of share in a mail" to get the link, that can be use straight in Teams or in a existing mail you are writing. That is a pain... Please add a way to get the link…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Prevent the “Shuffle questions” function changing the order of items which are “locked”

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Forms [質問をシャッフル] 機能の [問題をロック] 設定で指定した項番の選択肢がロックされるようにする機能の実装
    Prevent the “Shuffle questions” function changing the order of items which are “locked”

■Description(内容):
    Education ライセンスの Microsoft Teams にて、[課題] から作成したフォームを割り当てても、項番に関係なくシャッフルされてしまうので、ロックされた項番の選択肢がシャッフルされないように機能変更を要望

On Microsoft Teams using an Education license, even if Forms created from questions have locks assigned, the answer choices get shuffled regardless of whether or not they have been locked. Please change this function so that locked items do not have their answer choices shuffled.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow notifications of scores received on assigned forms from Teams’ task function using only Forms

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の課題機能で割り当てられたフォームへの採点通知機能を、Microsoft Forms 単体でも可能にできる機能の実装
    Allow notifications of scores received on assigned forms from Teams’ task function using only Forms

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーへの課題割り当てによる採点通知機能を、課題機能を使用せずに Microsoft Forms 単体で行えるようにしてほしい。
    課題の場合、人数制限が 200 人の制限があり使い勝手が悪いため

I would like to be able to use the scoring notification function that exists when assigning questions to users in Teams, without using the task function – instead only using Forms.
    This is because the task function is limited to only 200 people, which is inconvenient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Handover report for Global operation support team

I have a team that is 12 hours ahead so we're not online at the same time. We would like some form of handover application within Microsoft teams to assist with a "Follow the Sun" support model.

For instance, I could post for the other team to monitor a ticket I have opened.

"RobQ8 has posted: Please monitor INC1234567 for any vendor updates."

This would go in the next teams queue and at their end of their day, they could post and it would end up back in my queue that either it was resolved or that there was an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft Teams support for IPAD 4

Microsoft needs to support teams on ipad 4. This should help a lot of students who have an existing device and are unable to use it because of ios Incompatibility. Even chrome and other browsers on IOS 10.3.3 don't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base