Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add action options to any Teams message

Similar to Slack's new Actions feature (https://slack.com/apps/collection/actions), it would be super useful to be able to create a task/follow-up from a message.

For example, we use the Zendesk connector and it would be great if we could create a new ticket from a message in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Support chat retention for on-premise Mailboxes

Currently Microsoft teams does not save a conversation history of the users mailboxes are stored on an on-premise exchange mailbox. This is currently the only thing which would prevent my organization from moving to Teams instead of SfB.

This only applies for user to user conversation. Converstation within the team channels is stored in the group mailbox on Exchange online as expected.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. add support in People Bar

People bar is a new feature added in Windows 1803. It could be really useful integrate Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Teams Store for organization-level apps

Please create organization-level App Store.

The ability to upload custom app into organization-level App Store would be very useful.

This would allow IT to create an App which has a Tab pre-configured with a URL, pointing to our custom web-based application.

Web Site app is too general for this task in companies with 100s of internal systems and people having problem remembering or figuring out their URLs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Apps: Integration with Security System Alerts (other systems too)

It would be great if there was more support for Teams to connect to systems that provide alerts. For instance, systems such as Microsoft SCEP can provide email alerts for malware detections. If we have a team for SCCM management, we may want a channel where alerts appear thanks to SCEP malware detections. From there, we could create a conversation around that alert.

There could be integration with Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, Sophos, Symantec, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Stop prioritizing iPhone over iPad when calls are received.

When’re a Meeting call is made to me it rings on my iPhone and not my iPad so very hard to see screenshares and participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. better integration with other Products/no Office Online

It would be great if Teams wouldn't neccessarily open everything in the online pendants of its programs. Especially in the desktop version and apps there should be an option to open it in the preinstalled office programs without having to download the files, dig them out, open them and upload them again.
    Also a desktop app would be great, the Win10 App is only compatible with ARM chips which aren't yet found in desktop PCs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Line breaks in emails break in the middle of words

Teams sends email when someone mentions me in Teams. The line breaks in the emails break in the middle of words!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make a teams addin for outlook!

Imagine Teams as a plugin to Outlook to centralize office communications! That would be wonderful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. make it drag-and-drop to sharepoint please; catch up with last century's technology.

make teams and onedrive folders and files drag-and-drop to sharepoint please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. "Me" Team or section

The more I use Teams, the more I wish I had a Team just for me. I just created a Team with just me and I feel that it's way more practical than having separate apps running my files and my notes etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. outlook email link spam

When sending an email thread to a channel email address (obtained by clicking "..." by the channel name), only the top email on the thread should be posted to MS Team channel, since it already contains the link to the email thread back in Outlook.

By currently expanding all emails on that email thread on the posting add too much clutter to MS Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Display the added comment from the connected app (Wunderlist in particular)

I connected one of our Wunderlist groups and it is heavily used. But now I get notifications in teams that a comment has been added to a task, but it doesn't show me what the comment was. So I then have to launch Wunderlist (which shows up in a separate tab of my browser - no matter how many tabs I already had open for Wunderlist) It would be much faster if it just showed me the comment from within Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. support for sameroom.io ambient mode

We use Sameroom.io very heavily to allow our team to maintain all interactions with our customers through MSFT Teams. As we cannot force our customers to use MSFT Teams, we have found this to be a very elegant solutions to keep everyone in their native collaboration tools that their companies have adopted. Sameroom.io tells me that they are waiting for MSFT to implement a feature known as "ambient mode" for them to be able to add this support on their end. They also mention that this has already been done for Skype and Telegram via your Bot framework. Can you…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. open notification system api

"Let's kill email!" except all your notifications from webapps, fire off an email and while you're there actioning that you might as well email someone about what you've just been notified of... and other similar cases

Teams needs a simple, open API for notifications that can replace email, when developing an App you just point any notification to appear in Teams instead.

This then shifts people out of email and into to teams fully.

Would need some rules and categorisation like email, but this would help embed Teams as where people start their work and not Outlook.

I'd also envisage…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support SIP URI calling from other PBX's

Currently the only way to route calls from existing PBX's to TEAMS is via Direct ROuting SBC and e.164 dialling.

We need tgha ability for this connection to support SIP URI calling between the platforms.

This was supported in Skype for Business and was used when a customer had multiple platforms, such as CUCM.

This blog describes the desired operation : https://voipnorm.blogspot.com/2013/06/updated-cucm-sip-uri-dialing-to-lync.html

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Add multiple people to a group at one time

Please provide adding multiple people to the group area like it does when adding members to a team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow "Share with Outlook" to collate several chat segments

At the moment, you can "Share with Outlook" on one segment of a chat thread (ie: I might say "Yes, that is OK" in response to a team member's request for approval, but I can only send to outlook my approval reply, not combine it with the team member's request).

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base