Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. A mute button for teams chat conversations other than the volume control. Very annoying when on a call or in teams in another chat

It would be nice if you can mute the chat conversations in teams. When you are on a team call, and still busy, the conversations still beep in the background. Rather than just muting your sound device (which would mute your call that you are on), it would be nice if you could "mute" or silence the conversation with a click of a button. When your call or teams meeting is over, you can unmute the chat conversation and see

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow cherwellclient:// protocol links to launch Cherwell Service Management

When including hyperlinks, those with the prefix CherwellClient:// do not allow one to click through to the Cherwell Rich Client software. The link display text is underlined as if it would be a link, but left-clicking it does not cause any action. I am just guessing this protocol needs to be enabled or linked to the Cherwell software. The software install would be available in the registry for the protocol cherwellclient:// entry.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Class Notebook in Teams for Business, not just Education

With COVID restrictions on travel, remote corporate training needs Class Notebook functionality in Teams for Business. Class Notebook worked with a plugin for OneNote 2016 and automatically for O365. Why isn't this function available outside of the Education platform?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow playing videos in Teams thread when accessing a meeting video link of Stream

If you paste a meeting video link of Stream on a Teams thread and access the link, the Stream app opens in a new browser to play video.
    But we would like you to implement a feature that directly plays videos in Teams thread without opening browser.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Microsoft Teams support for IPAD 4

Microsoft needs to support teams on ipad 4. This should help a lot of students who have an existing device and are unable to use it because of ios Incompatibility. Even chrome and other browsers on IOS 10.3.3 don't work.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Linking external calendars to Teams

We have only just started to try Teams, one of our salespeople has an existing Outlook calendar, but no way to import or sync it to Teams. Others in our org use Google calendars, Apple (iPhones) etc. calendars, but there's no way to Use them as the main calendar, or import existing info for use in Teams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Import all Skype contents

I want to reduce the number of communication channels I have. So I want to be able to import into Teams all the contents from Skype (I am referring to Skype, not Skype for Business or Lync) — conversations, files, contacts, etc. — and merge them into Teams.
    So when it is done, I will get rid of Skype, one less platform I need to communicate.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. OneNote with Better Teams Integration

This is more of a OneNote improvment but it would be great to assign Teams members and due dates to items in OneNote.

Just thinking about the workflow of assigning actionable items within meeting minutes, etc.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. statusmessage from calendar

I have the option to create a Statusmessage in teams where i can tell people what i am currently doing to tell them if i have time or not. What i'm missing is the option to fill here the current appointment from my calendar with its timeframe. Would it be possible to add an option to autopublish non-private appointments from my calendar to the teams-statusmessage automatically? This would help me alot and save time reminding some people that i currently have no time to answer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add the safe browsing feature in Teams

It would be great if we have the safe browsing feature in Teams when viewing any web site via Teams app. Specifically, I want the app to detect a malicious site automatically and warn us with a message resembles “visiting this site may harm your computer” when we trying to open a suspicious web site.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Switch account for Teams in Internet Explorer

We can’t switch the account for Teams when clicking the Meeting options in the invitation if using Internet Explorer even though clearing cookies. It’s inconvenient, so I would like you to implement a feature to switch the Teams account in IE.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop forcing the automatic creation of a team site whenever you create a new Teams

This is one of the most frustrating issues we've faced using Teams and SharePoint. When you create a new Teams, a SharePoint team site is automatically created in the background, used for storing any attachments you upload in Teams. You have no control to configure this team site when it's created, no ability to prevent it happening, and if you wanted a Communications site instead of a team site this isn't even possible. No option to choose the site's URL either.

On so many occasions we've wanted to create a Teams channel but not have a team site linked to…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams to act as a PBX when using Direct Routing

It would be nice if Teams would act as a PBX when using Direct Routing and your own PBX and not send everything back down the Direct Routing Trunk to the PBX to handle, IE : Call transfers.

The only time something should come back down to the PBX is if the teams user tries to transfer to an external number on the PSTN. This should send a new invite down the Direct Routing Trunk, and Teams should bridge the call. Not relying on the PBX to do this.

Once a call is made from the PSTN down the Direct…

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Link Between Documents in Team

Be able to provide a link in Teams that will allow you link two documents together and go to a certain section in the document. We currently use Teams and we have 2 documents that provide explanations from certain fields between the documents. It work fine in an offline setting. But Teams doesn't provide this functionality. It is cumbersome in Teams because our document we link to is 47 pages long and the user has to scroll the entire document to get to the section they need.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Having the ability to 'pop out' a thread much like conversations are popped out in Skype would be ideal for our team. Is this a possibility?

Our team currently uses a daily chat in Skype for communication. We are also piloting Teams. There is some reluctance to use teams for daily chat because it can get congested. Having the ability to 'pop out' a thread so that it is separated from all of the others would be ideal.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Retain section and page view settings

Retain the setting to show the sections and pages navigation on the left.

When I select it in the view and reopen the OneNote tab afterwards, the default view is restored without the sections and pages.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Improve Skype For Business interoperability

At my company, we have Skype for Business (SFB) and Teams enabled. Teams allows you to message people exclusively using SFB, but you cannot send an SFB message to someone exclusively using Teams. To make matters worse, at my company many people (ie. managers) exclusively use SFB, and another set (ie. developers) use Teams. So there are effectively two options to communicate with everyone:

1) Only use SFB, and both groups can message you.
    2) Keep BOTH SFB and Teams open. Use Teams to send new messages, and keep SFB open to respond to Managers that do not use Teams.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. TeamsOnly - allow users in this mode to IM (chat) with Skype for Business users in Islands mode

It looks like Islands users can interop with TeamsOnly (table 1c) but not TeamsOnly with Islands (table 1a), see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/coexistence-chat-calls-presence

Please bring back some new-chat interop for TeamsOnly users without forcing everyone else into one of the SfB* modes. How hard would it be to give us a TeamsWithSfBChat mode to give us back some semblance of interop between Teams and SfB?

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base