Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Integrate with macOS KeyChain

Please P-L-E-A-S-E integrate macOS keychain into Teams. The frequent updates are both a blessing and curse. It takes me away from my work and well as shuts Teams down. Please integrate into keychain so you can update without my intervention. thnx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow use of Teams links outside of Teams

In an Outlook email to a colleague, I tried to link a post I posted on Teams that this colleague did not see, however the link would not work. We are not fully using Teams for internal emails in our company yet and that will change at some point, therefore it would be useful if it was possible to reference a Teams' post outside of Teams which could then prompt the receiver of the link to click on it and log onto Teams to see it. Bad habits are hard to change...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add action options to any Teams message

Similar to Slack's new Actions feature (https://slack.com/apps/collection/actions), it would be super useful to be able to create a task/follow-up from a message.

For example, we use the Zendesk connector and it would be great if we could create a new ticket from a message in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Skype for Business audio call to Teams does not notify Teams user of an inbound call

User A is using Teams
    User B is using Skype for Business and has A in their SfB contact list.

B initiates a call to A as a Skype audio call.

User A hears an audio indicator via headset or speaker that an inbound call is ringing but no on-screen popup occurs to offer a way to answer or decline the call.

Both users are licensed with Enterprise Voice. If B calls A using the PSTN number assigned to A, no problem.

Issues occur when B uses the SfB default to simply make a non-PSTN audio call between the two…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Support chat retention for on-premise Mailboxes

Currently Microsoft teams does not save a conversation history of the users mailboxes are stored on an on-premise exchange mailbox. This is currently the only thing which would prevent my organization from moving to Teams instead of SfB.

This only applies for user to user conversation. Converstation within the team channels is stored in the group mailbox on Exchange online as expected.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. add support in People Bar

People bar is a new feature added in Windows 1803. It could be really useful integrate Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams Store for organization-level apps

Please create organization-level App Store.

The ability to upload custom app into organization-level App Store would be very useful.

This would allow IT to create an App which has a Tab pre-configured with a URL, pointing to our custom web-based application.

Web Site app is too general for this task in companies with 100s of internal systems and people having problem remembering or figuring out their URLs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Apps: Integration with Security System Alerts (other systems too)

It would be great if there was more support for Teams to connect to systems that provide alerts. For instance, systems such as Microsoft SCEP can provide email alerts for malware detections. If we have a team for SCCM management, we may want a channel where alerts appear thanks to SCEP malware detections. From there, we could create a conversation around that alert.

There could be integration with Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, Sophos, Symantec, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Stop prioritizing iPhone over iPad when calls are received.

When’re a Meeting call is made to me it rings on my iPhone and not my iPad so very hard to see screenshares and participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. better integration with other Products/no Office Online

It would be great if Teams wouldn't neccessarily open everything in the online pendants of its programs. Especially in the desktop version and apps there should be an option to open it in the preinstalled office programs without having to download the files, dig them out, open them and upload them again.
    Also a desktop app would be great, the Win10 App is only compatible with ARM chips which aren't yet found in desktop PCs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Make a teams addin for outlook!

Imagine Teams as a plugin to Outlook to centralize office communications! That would be wonderful.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ease with which Excel files can be formatted, shared and edited within a team

i) Edit with Teams/Excel online does not offer the full range of functionality which Excel can provide. Improve the UX and range of functions for both edit options to ameliorate simultaneous remote working
    ii) Opening links to files saved in Teams is not always a seamless experience. Different experience based on browser-type
    iii) Formatting distinct text within a cell is not possible. i.e. when trying to change the text colour within a cell, the default is to re-colourise all text in that cell to that colour

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. make it drag-and-drop to sharepoint please; catch up with last century's technology.

make teams and onedrive folders and files drag-and-drop to sharepoint please

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Git Enterprise connector needs to allow filter messages/cards for select branches

Currently the Git Enterprise connector shows actions for any branches. It would be beneficial to be able to filter which branches the connector displays in a channel instead of showing every branches actions.

My team creates individual branches off of develop when working a ticket, so anytime they commit to their individual branch it's showing up in a channel. When in reality I want the channel to only see commits that are done on develop and master.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. "Me" Team or section

The more I use Teams, the more I wish I had a Team just for me. I just created a Team with just me and I feel that it's way more practical than having separate apps running my files and my notes etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Google Drive integration

The current Google Drive integration in Files tab only allows pick folders from My Drive. It is better to allow sharing file/folders from Shared With Me as well.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base