Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a Coexistence Mode - Only Calls in Skype for Business

We are in the journey from Skype for Business on-premise Enterprise Voice to Teams voice. We started by operating in Islands mode (because we didn't know any better/we wanted to introduce the full features of Teams to get buy-in). However, now that we are testing moving users to Teams Only with Phone System, we are finding that because all other users are in Islands mode, calls from the Teams Only users to users still using Skype Enterprise Voice are ringing to the Teams client, not to the users' desk phones or Skype client.

This can be solved by changing the…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Google Calendar

I rely on Google Calendar for all of my day-to-day events so right now, I’m having to manually put in my shifts that I’m assigned on Teams. Would be nice to have it sync with my Calendar and maybe even show my supervisor when a shift conflicts with an event on my calendar, similar to Outlook when scheduling a meeting. I’m sure others would benefit from this too? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New coexistence options between SfB and MTeams enable use of Blynclight and/or Busylight?

With new coexistence set up options between SfB & MTeams, does this mean Embrava Blynclight or Kuando Busylight can be used w Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Retain section and page view settings

Retain the setting to show the sections and pages navigation on the left.

When I select it in the view and reopen the OneNote tab afterwards, the default view is restored without the sections and pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Make new conversation UI for desktop align with mobile versions.

Make new conversation UI for desktop align with mobile versions.

Right now, there are a LOT of new conversations that get started as someone is attempting or meaning to reply to an existing conversation. The fact that the replay and start a new conversation are often next to each other, and visually very similar as text input it's easy to confuse them.

The problem with new threads is they become disconnected from those who are actually replying to an existing thread.

This isn't the case in mobile, specifically android, where the new conversation is a round button in the lower-right…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Start workflows on individual messages

Looking for the ability to start a workflow based on an individual message in any channel and in any team.
    For example, a trigger like "When I bookmark a message". This in turn would allow to do anything with the message via Flow, for example, create a To-Do item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Need for a "continue chat in Skype" button during transition

To address interop issues during transition from Skype (both consumer and SfB) to Teams. Teams needs a "Skype" button that allows you jump into Skype quickly to avoid interop issue. Need to share a file with someone still using SfB - hit the Skype button to open a Skype chat with that peron, need to screen with someone - hit the Skype button, need a group chat - hit the Skype button. The button could be configured to only show if the person you were talking to was still using SfB. This would really help smooth the transition from. It's…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better integration with TFS

A similar idea to this was already marked as completed. And perhaps it was back when that idea was created.

However, currently VSTS has a Kanban integration with Teams that TFS does not, and my team would desperately like to have this integration.

Although, my understanding is that the VSTS integration simply imports the VSTS Kanban into teams. What we would prefer is for the Teams Kanban (currently hosted by Microsoft Planner) to simply be able to create and sync with tasks in TFS.

The TFS Kanban feels extra and under featured now, and we would like one central place…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Posting Yammer thread links in a Teams post should preview the Yammer thread

When Teams tries to preview a Yammer thread link currently, all we see is the default Yammer preview. Link previews for Yammer under this behaviour are near useless.
    A better behaviour would be for the link preview to have the topic and first line of content from the Yammer thread.

Attached is an example to how this looks now when Teams creates a preview for a posted Yammer thread link.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sería ideal saber si el destinatario leyó el mensaje enviado

Sugiero que se pueda ver cuando un usuario leyó el mensaje enviado por el chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Integrate with macOS KeyChain

Please P-L-E-A-S-E integrate macOS keychain into Teams. The frequent updates are both a blessing and curse. It takes me away from my work and well as shuts Teams down. Please integrate into keychain so you can update without my intervention. thnx

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Allow use of Teams links outside of Teams

In an Outlook email to a colleague, I tried to link a post I posted on Teams that this colleague did not see, however the link would not work. We are not fully using Teams for internal emails in our company yet and that will change at some point, therefore it would be useful if it was possible to reference a Teams' post outside of Teams which could then prompt the receiver of the link to click on it and log onto Teams to see it. Bad habits are hard to change...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add action options to any Teams message

Similar to Slack's new Actions feature (https://slack.com/apps/collection/actions), it would be super useful to be able to create a task/follow-up from a message.

For example, we use the Zendesk connector and it would be great if we could create a new ticket from a message in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Skype for Business audio call to Teams does not notify Teams user of an inbound call

User A is using Teams
    User B is using Skype for Business and has A in their SfB contact list.

B initiates a call to A as a Skype audio call.

User A hears an audio indicator via headset or speaker that an inbound call is ringing but no on-screen popup occurs to offer a way to answer or decline the call.

Both users are licensed with Enterprise Voice. If B calls A using the PSTN number assigned to A, no problem.

Issues occur when B uses the SfB default to simply make a non-PSTN audio call between the two…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Support chat retention for on-premise Mailboxes

Currently Microsoft teams does not save a conversation history of the users mailboxes are stored on an on-premise exchange mailbox. This is currently the only thing which would prevent my organization from moving to Teams instead of SfB.

This only applies for user to user conversation. Converstation within the team channels is stored in the group mailbox on Exchange online as expected.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add support in People Bar

People bar is a new feature added in Windows 1803. It could be really useful integrate Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base