Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need to sign-in automatically with the Office 365 account even if using different IDs for the local account and the Office 365 account

By design, Microsoft Teams prompts the user to input their credentials manually each time when signing-in, if the user has two different IDs for Azure Active Directory and Office 365.

It is time-consuming to manually delete the account in Active Directory domain environment and input ID again to sign-in with the Office 365 account so I would like to choose and sign in with the Office 365 account by default.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. New coexistence options between SfB and MTeams enable use of Blynclight and/or Busylight?

With new coexistence set up options between SfB & MTeams, does this mean Embrava Blynclight or Kuando Busylight can be used w Teams?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Retain section and page view settings

Retain the setting to show the sections and pages navigation on the left.

When I select it in the view and reopen the OneNote tab afterwards, the default view is restored without the sections and pages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Start workflows on individual messages

Looking for the ability to start a workflow based on an individual message in any channel and in any team.
    For example, a trigger like "When I bookmark a message". This in turn would allow to do anything with the message via Flow, for example, create a To-Do item.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Web Client - Internet Explorer should prompt for redirect to supported browser

Currently when someone is invited to a Teams meeting, but they do not have the full Teams client installed, and they're default browser on Windows 7 is Internet Explorer (or some other unsupported default browser) the page should detect the User Agent string and present two possible options. 1) Advise the user to open the meeting URL in a supported browser (and list them right there) or 2) Give them the option to download the Full Windows Client but note that this is for Enterprise Users and requires a license.

Current behavior simply advises the user to download the full…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sería ideal saber si el destinatario leyó el mensaje enviado

Sugiero que se pueda ver cuando un usuario leyó el mensaje enviado por el chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Need a windows store app with ARM support so I can run natively on my HP Envy X2 with snapdragon 835. It's just too slow and crashes 32 bit.

Need a windows store app with ARM support so I can run natively on my HP Envy X2 with snapdragon 835. It's just too slow and crashes 32 bit.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Teams apps, and teams website, private chat conversations do not transfer

The teams website and the official teams apps chat conversations are completely isolated. You cannot use Teams app on a computer, then go to the teams website and continue or even see a chat history with another member of your organization. To make it further confusing the Teams app for phones shows what the Teams website shows.

If the Teams app is really the Skype for business app and not able to interop with the rest, why do you offer it as and name it TEAMS app?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add action options to any Teams message

Similar to Slack's new Actions feature (https://slack.com/apps/collection/actions), it would be super useful to be able to create a task/follow-up from a message.

For example, we use the Zendesk connector and it would be great if we could create a new ticket from a message in a conversation.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Skype for Business audio call to Teams does not notify Teams user of an inbound call

User A is using Teams
    User B is using Skype for Business and has A in their SfB contact list.

B initiates a call to A as a Skype audio call.

User A hears an audio indicator via headset or speaker that an inbound call is ringing but no on-screen popup occurs to offer a way to answer or decline the call.

Both users are licensed with Enterprise Voice. If B calls A using the PSTN number assigned to A, no problem.

Issues occur when B uses the SfB default to simply make a non-PSTN audio call between the two…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support chat retention for on-premise Mailboxes

Currently Microsoft teams does not save a conversation history of the users mailboxes are stored on an on-premise exchange mailbox. This is currently the only thing which would prevent my organization from moving to Teams instead of SfB.

This only applies for user to user conversation. Converstation within the team channels is stored in the group mailbox on Exchange online as expected.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/exchange-teams-interact

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. add support in People Bar

People bar is a new feature added in Windows 1803. It could be really useful integrate Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Can't work on 2 different channels at the same time.

While working with planner (for instance), if a user, not related to the channel those plans belongs to, sends me a chat, notification, mention, I can't respond and continue with what I was doing before. I have to close the planner channel (for instance) and then open it again and look for what I was doing before.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Store for organization-level apps

Please create organization-level App Store.

The ability to upload custom app into organization-level App Store would be very useful.

This would allow IT to create an App which has a Tab pre-configured with a URL, pointing to our custom web-based application.

Web Site app is too general for this task in companies with 100s of internal systems and people having problem remembering or figuring out their URLs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Apps: Integration with Security System Alerts (other systems too)

It would be great if there was more support for Teams to connect to systems that provide alerts. For instance, systems such as Microsoft SCEP can provide email alerts for malware detections. If we have a team for SCCM management, we may want a channel where alerts appear thanks to SCEP malware detections. From there, we could create a conversation around that alert.

There could be integration with Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, Sophos, Symantec, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop prioritizing iPhone over iPad when calls are received.

When’re a Meeting call is made to me it rings on my iPhone and not my iPad so very hard to see screenshares and participate.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.