Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Post OneNote page reference in Conversations

Add the possibility to post a reference to a OneNote Channel page under Conversations. When the reference is clicked in Conversions, the desired page is opened under the OneNote tab.

AS-IS you can use "Copy Link to this page...", but when clicked the page is not opened in Teams. Opens in OneNote Online.

166 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

15 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. copy a picture that is already posted in a chat

If someone posted a picture/screenshot in the chat the only way I can copy that picture is to download it and then re post it. In Slack I was just able to right click on the picture copy and then pasted on another chat. In teams when I right click on the picture nothing happens. Is this feature possible in Teams?

Thank you

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Describe most common use cases, and best practices

I see that some people are already deep into MS Teams. However before we jump into MS Teams, we want to see some use cases and how to use Sharepoint, MS Office user groups, Skype for Business, and MS Teams in those use cases.
    For instance a use case could be as follows:
    The food processing plant wants to add 3 mixers. The plant manager needs to talk first with the CFO about its cost break even analysis and ROI, with purchasing about possible vendors and mixer costs, with plant people about installation, training and usage, and with the warehouse…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

This is GREAT feedback. Thank you! We’re working on a blog series and we’ll be sure to include use cases, thanks to your feedback.

Meanwhile, please see this website for adoption and best practices for Teams: www.successwithteams.com

Let me know if you need anything else!

Sincerely,

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

4. Why no AppX for Win10???

Using Win 10 it would be much more better to offer an AppX instead Setup/x64.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. ServiceNow integration to facilitate ChatOps

Integration with ServiceNow for chatops for things like incident management (just keeping up with slack). Old way was ticket comes in the emails and IM's are exchanged. With Teams integration, the helpdesk ticket could come in and automatically posts the new ticket into a support channel in Teams. Support person acknowledges the ticket in our support system, which again posts on Teams that the ticket has been acknowledged by the person in Support. Everyone in the support team knows that a ticket has come in, that it is being handled, others are able to chime in if help if needed,…

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. GitHub Enterprise Connection - GitHub profile pics are broken.

I use the GitHub Enterprise Connector, and it's pulling in things just fine. But profile pictures are broken. See the attached screenshot.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Onenote

I would like an option to restore the default note tab to Onenote.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add a "Teams" icon into Outlook address book

When a new Team is created, a new email address is automaticaly created on Exchange.
    Unfortunately there is no icon to identify this new Team into the Outlook user address book. (The "icon" filed is simply left blank.)

It would be nice to add a "Teams" icon into Outlook.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. integrate with Last Pass

I use Last Pass for password management. I don't have the option to save my Teams login information when I log into Teams

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Link files to SharePoint Online instead of OneDrive

The default seems to be to OneDrive rather than SharePoint Online Doc Libraries which seems backwards since SharePoint is for Collaboration and OneDrive is more private files

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Videos from support.microsoft.com cannot be embedded into Groups

you can embed videos from youtube but not from Microsoft's own support site

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Less like Chat, more like Threads

People don't really use the reply in Chat very much. So when everyone is creating a new conversation there are a ton of UI elements all over the place making the whole window very cluttered.

I'd suggest adding a Subject Line to the conversation so that there is a quick summary though for the thread.

Then it would be nice to be able to click into that thread so you don't see all of the other chats.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

We actually do have a subject line.

If you click the little pencil in your text field, the text field will expand and you can write a title for your message.

13. Stop making me click "New Messages" every time someone speaks.

Please get rid of the "New Messages" popup. This is especially annoying in private chats when I don't even leave the window. I want to blow my brains out when I have to click the button every time someone says something. By doing this you're saying that the message way at the top of the thread is more important than the new one that just came in. This is a usability nightmare.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Brett, I’m so sorry this has been a nightmare for you! We hear you loud and clear and we’re working on an auto scroll solution.

I’ll let you know once its released.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
    Twitter: @skprufo

14. Integrate with Microsoft AutoUpdate on Mac

It would make managing the app easier for those of us who use a MAU caching/manifest server.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Skype chat - both ways

If someone write from Skype, I can read and answer, but I cant start a chat with Skype users.

205 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

84 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    we have this!  ·  Suphatra responded

It looks like some people in the thread below have figured it out — we actually have this. You can start a chat both ways; the system will automatically recognize if this person is on Skype for Business or on Teams.

Thanks and let me know if you have any questions.

Suphatra

16. Use the MacOS notification system instead of the built-in

The built-in notification system is very unreliable. Have them sent to the MacOS notification system so we can keep track of them in the notification center and such.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  Suphatra responded

Hi Per! I’m sorry, I know this has been a pain. We’re working on it and should have this resolved soon. Stay tuned.

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

18. Connectors stop working when the creator leaves the team

We have found when a user leaves a Team or is removed from a Team all of the connectors for that user stop functioning. They remain, which is critical, so another user can read and replace the defunct connector.

Would be great if they continued to function or if there was a way to transfer to another user or have another user assume control.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Suphatra responded

This is a known issue — will update you when I have more info.

Suphatra

19. Custom URI handlers

Hyperlinks with non-http or non-https prefixes do not currently work such as M-Files URLs that begin with m-files://

Please allow at least admins enable these custom URI handlers in Teams. They work perfectly in Slack :)

316 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

46 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Right click on links

Add right click submenu to chats(can't copy link without keyboard)

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base