Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. office insert capabilities (Image, screen shot/clipping, etc.)

Please add in as much as possible Insert capabilities available throughout MS Office 365 to Teams (especially in Chat/Messaging). E.g., Insert Illustrations (Excel) with screen shot, clipboard, etc., or Insert menu in OneNote. When using MS Office one is lulled into expecting awesome features that make sense to appear across MS apps, once you see them in one (e.g., OneNote), since MS already has the code to do so "in-house"--you obviously know how to do it vs. starting from scratch :-). Thank you! BTW, love Teams :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. By making it interoperable with Ingate SBC, that is one of the main SBC solutions in Europe

Swedish Ingate is one of the pioneers in SBC's, that why a lot of European companies and public institutions use it, and because of reliability. As we can see that most of interoperability is done by American SBC, that aren't so good represented in Europe it would be mandatory to certifly also Ingate solutions so that share of complete solutions is bigger that it is now. Companies in Europe are not in favour in using cloud PBX services, but their own, but they do use MS Teams and Office 365, that's why certified Ingate Session Border Controllers would make a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Let me access my account's Privacy Dashboard from Teams

Allow Teams users to easily get to their Privacy Dashboard (https://account.microsoft.com/privacy) from within Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Insérer un composant vers TEAMS dans des pages SHAREPOINT

Bonjour, Il est possible d'ajouter un composant vers YAMMER dans une page Sharepoint. Par contre cette fonctionnalité n'est pas proposé pour TEAMS. Il serait intéressant de pouvoir insérer dans une page Sharepoint les conversations d'un canal d'une équipe TEAMS

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. let participate users to Teams meeting from Lifesize devices (meeting rooms)

we have a lot of request from our users present in meeting rooms equipped with Lifesize systems, they need to attend to Teams meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Add built in support for SIP video calling to allow native calling of third party video conferencing facilities.

There are free third party apps in the various app stores that are capable of dialling SIP addresses natively, including the free Polycome RealPresence Mobile app. Teams should have this capability natively to be able to call VC units, but also to include those same SIP addresses in conferences.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Microsoft forms in Teams

I am an administrator of a class in Microsoft Teams and I have several forms in Microsoft Forms. My question is the following:

Why assigning a Task only shows me the forms located in My forms and does not show me the forms found in Group forms or Shared with me? As a note, the Group Forms that I want to retrieve in Tasks are assigned to that class.

I've already been looking in the documentation and can't find information about it; I also did not identify a support space for the Microsoft Forms product.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make Edit view the same in Teams as it is in Desktop App

I almost never edit documents within Teams because the edit view does not show the same formatting as the Desktop app. It would be great if the view within Teams while editing a document was the same as it is when editing in the Desktop app so that you know what your final product will look like without having to open an additional window (the whole point of the interoperability of Teams).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Integrate Teams with Synergy by Edupoint

I am a Technology Coordinator in a rural school system. We employ Synergy by Edupoint as our Student Information System. A representative group of our teachers want TEAMS to be our official tool for online instruction and learning management. Google Classroom fully integrates with Synergy seamlessly accommodating student rosters, assignments and grades; TEAMS does not. Will TEAMS develop integration with Synergy by Edupoint for use in the 2020-2021 school year that begins July 27? I think it is called an API (in GoogleSpeak anyway).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a E-Mail tab on the left hand pane?

Maybe Teams could incorporate an Outlook client on the left hand pane? Maybe make Teams a client that incorporates all of the 365 functions into one? Even if it was just a link to OWA?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Connect to External Email App

Allow me to send email thru external email app but keep records in Teams. Connect it to the Win 10 Mail interface that comes on Win 10.

In the Win 10 Mail, add an 'Archive in Teams' option, so all my Team exchanges are archived even if not talking with a Team member. You could add an 'ad' at the bottom of the external email message inviting the recipient of the external email to join Teams for free, and increase market *********** exponentially!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Use your Teams account for Video Interviewing within LinkedIn

As part of the Recruiter function of LinkedIn, be able to schedule or start a video interview via your Teams Account as part of the recruitment process. Similar to other Video Interviewing technology (potentially like Skype for Interviews?)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. make the view within teams environment, of MS Word, a 'What you see is what you get ' view instead of having to toggle headers and footers

make the view within teams environment, of MS Word, a 'What you see is what you get ' view instead of having to toggle headers and footers on/off

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Please add Apple HomePod integration to enable use of the HomePod as a Speakerphone.

Please add Apple HomePod integration to enable use of the HomePod as a Speakerphone.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Export LIS from SfB to Teams E911/LIS

For customers whom had invested so heavily in doing the Network Mapping exercise for E911 into their LIS database, it would be nice to be able to export this data and import it in to their Teams Location mapping. Can you guys think about doing something like this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Avoiding so much crashes

• Allowing it to run well on low internet speed. It crashes 30 times approx on 2 hours, that doesn't happen on other platforms.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Set user's coexistence mode per global policies (not api, not org-wide setting)

In order to manage and organize a Skype to Teams transition in big enterprises, it may be required to assign a specific coexistence modes to different groups of users.
    For example: Teams-only for one group and Skype for Business only for the other group.

Problem 1
    Org-wide setting includes guest accounts as well. Assuming that the Skype group is the bigger group at the beginning of a transition, you can not apply a SfB only org-wide setting because it will hit also guest accounts (which leads to no chat).

Problem 2
    Setting single user's coexistence mode with api is not…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Teams Need to Support Jabra Pro 9450 just like Skype

Jabra Pro 9450 works fine with Skype but with Teams, it connects and shows in the panel but no audio in either direction. Needed for Windows and Mac.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Ability to choose which Channel to share to in Yammer tab when using "Share to Channel"

Currently when Yammer is connected as a tab in a Channel, some functionality is removed from the yammer page, such as "Copy link to clipboard" and this is replaced with "Share to Channel".

It would be great if you could then choose which channel you would like to share to.

My Team has a yammer page available to the whole company and we are responsible for dozens of different services. We have a Team channel dedicated for each service. We have the Yammer tab on the General channel. Instead of having to add yammer as a tab to each channel,…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 5 7 9 29 30
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base