Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Handover report for Global operation support team

I have a team that is 12 hours ahead so we're not online at the same time. We would like some form of handover application within Microsoft teams to assist with a "Follow the Sun" support model.

For instance, I could post for the other team to monitor a ticket I have opened.

"RobQ8 has posted: Please monitor INC1234567 for any vendor updates."

This would go in the next teams queue and at their end of their day, they could post and it would end up back in my queue that either it was resolved or that there was an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Allow non Global Admins to activate a Team from the O365 Admin portal

Currently only Global Admins can turn an existing group into a Team from the Office 365 Admin portal. Which is also the only way to make a Team that is visible in Outlook without using Powershell.

We need a way for non Global Admins to create a Outlook visible Team by allowing the following

1. Allowing a Admin role other than Global to turn a Group into a Team from the O365 Admin console

2. Allowing an exisiting Group to be selected during Team creation in the Teams Admin portal

3. Providing an option to make a Team visible in Outlook when creating…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Team Improvements

You guys are doing a wonderful job with Teams, it is unlike all other conferencing platforms as it is a virtual space. However, I can see competitor’s platforms have features such as:

1. Raise hands

2. All participants camera preview on screen

3. Interactive live White Board

4. Interactive live polls

Hope this helps with your future improvements to Teams and to keep up to speed with these other conferencing services, which I note are focused on one off meetings rather than daily virtual workspaces.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. iOS shortcuts

Please consider adding some hooks for Apple’s shortcuts on iPadOS and iOS.

In my immediate tinkering with the new iOS update to 13.0, I was trying to make a shortcut to send one message to a few people by text and to a small group in Teams. Since there are no hooks/commands from Teams in shortcuts, this action is not possible.

With more ideas, this could be a robust addition to Teams on iOS.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Display of PowerAutomate and Flow in Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 上での PowerAutomate と Flow の表示について
    Display of PowerAutomate and Flow in Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams アプリでは、"Flow" のみ表示されますが、Microsoft Teams 管理センターの アプリのアクセス許可では、"Power Automate" と "Flow" の 2 つ表示されていて、同じ機能に対し表示数の差異が生じています。
    PowerAutomate 機能を利用し、Microsoft Teams 管理センターで制限をかける場合、この差異によって混乱するため、Microsoft Teams アプリ と Microsoft Teams 管理センターの表示を同じになるように変更を要望します。

In the Teams client, only “Flow” is shown, but in the Teams admin center, under app permissions, “Power Automate” and “Flow” are both shown – despite having the same function, the number of display items differs.
    If limitations are placed in the Teams admin centre using PowerAutomate, this can cause some confusion, so please make it so that…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add a Forms function to Teams chats

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams チャットでの Microsoft Forms の機能追加希望
    Add a Forms function to Teams chats

■Description(内容):
    現在、チームのチャネル上のタブでは Microsoft Forms のアプリと連携し複数のアンケートを作成することが可能ですが、チャットでも Microsoft Forms のアプリと連携し複数のアンケートを作成できるよう、機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, it is possible to link the Forms app to a tab at the top of a team channel and create surveys, but please make it possible to do this from regular chats as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. open mind manager from teams

When saving a Mind Manager file to a teams channel, teams does not recognize the file and as such you cannot open directly in Teams. You have to save file to desktop, open, edit, save and then return to the file to the teams channel. This type of thing totally defeats the Teams collaboration purpose. Please make Teams and Mind Manager compatible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Open two sessions

I would like to be able to open a second session of Teams and work in it while on another session of teams. For example be in a meeting and separately open teams and work in a different team document (on my second monitor)-- without loosing the meeting I am on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Support for Analog Devices

Analog devices such as facsimile (fax) machines and Public Address (paging) systems are not supported in Teams without a Session Border Controller.

However, every certified IP Phone is capable of registering with Microsoft, receiving calls, and outputting that call over an RJ9 line to the headset receiver. If one of these devices were to merely auto-answer calls, it would become an Analog Telephone Adapter (ATA).

Eliminate the need for a session border controller, by devising an ATA with a mini-display to use https://microsoft.com/devicelogin

Our migration to Microsoft Teams Voice, all-in-the-cloud, has complications around a reasonable analog solution for fax and…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to "drag" or "pull" a meeting in progress from laptop to mobile and vice versa.

Moving meetings from laptop/desktop computer to mobile and vice versa, seamlessly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Opening Team meeting from the Team Calendar should stay in Teams. DON'T TRY TO OPEN BROWSER

Right now, a Team meeting in the calendar goes to a browser to open the meeting then I need to go back to Teams to join the meeting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. graph call status api

Would like to integrate use of Teams calling into our application. We can start an onlineMeeting via API but we can't end the same meeting without completely closing Teams app and restarting it.

Currently the user has to manually end the meeting. However if the user ends the meeting our app can't determine if the user is still in a Teams meeting before we try to start another session on their calendar.(no Teams session status is available). If another session is started Teams puts the existing session on hold which causes more user confusion between meetings.

Need typical create, read,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Synchronize Public Contact Folders to Team Membership Lists

Enable the ability to easily synchronize public contact folders to Team Membership Lists, with changes to public contact folders impacting the Team Membership List simultaneously and/or vice versa. We have many public contact folders set up currently and the ability to convert them into team membership lists (and even set up tags for the sub-lists) would be incredibly efficient.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. PLEASE(!) can you allow for copying and pasting between Teams versions of Excel and Word

I like to copy and paste tables from Word into Excel in order to make simple calculations across the information set and at present i lose all formatting when copying and pasting between Word and excel (in either direction)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allow Excel Sheet Attribute Linking across multiple files in Teams.

I need to be able to use standard Excel attribute linking between multiple Team hosted Excel sheets. I get an error saying this feature is not supported. This drastically helps with documentation and analysis documents. If I have say a definitions excel sheet I can just simply link the definitions every time in new sheets so I only have to update values in one location.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. azure aim for teams

Would be nice to have Teams and other O365 efforts to have a unified RBAC like capabilities and is tightly integrated with Azure AD and its AIM role assignments.

Similar to the now Unified labeling, we should have Unified RBAC roles and AIM roles assignments that flow from Azure AD to O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Microsoft teams to link with different email accounts in setting up ONE teams account

If you have different microsoft based email accounts you end up having different teams accounts and this is very disfunctional. Teams need to link to different emails but should present one Teams profile.

In addition, inviting people from outside your organisation and who do not use teams should be simplified. This is an opportunity to enhance the client base of microsoft should the guest finds the system easy to use. At the moment, non-teams users who are invited as guests have multiple difficulties to access Teams and attend meetings, chat, share docs etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base