Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Implement a function which allows access to folders in OneDrive.

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive内のフォルダへアクセス可能とする機能の実装
    Implement a function which allows access to folders in OneDrive.

■Description(内容):
    PCより Teams内でOneDriveへのフォルダリンクを貼り付けた場合、iPadではエラーが発生し展開できない動作となる。
    (OneDrive内のファイルのリンクは展開可能)
    展開可能となる機能の実装、改善を希望

An error occurs on iPad when pasting a folder link on OneDrive in Teams on a PC and the link cannot be accessed. (File links in OneDrive can be accessed)
    We would like to request implementation and improvements to the functions so these can be accessed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Meeting room status update between devices like MTR and meeting room device

Summary:
    We would like to see functionality where, when a person starts a meeting using an MTR (Microsoft Teams Rooms), the meeting room screen (the device just outside the meeting room) is updated to reflect the status change. In other words, when a person walks into a meeting room, starts a meeting using the meeting room MTR, the status on the meeting room screen is updated to show the meeting is started. Also, when the meeting ends earlier, the status of the meeting room device is updated to reflect the same.

User Story:
    1. Organizer#1 schedules a meeting
    2. On…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Option to group contacts by statuses such as Available / Busy /In a meeting/call etc

A toggle to see which of your contacts are Available / Busy /In a meeting/call etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Screen sharing in Teams/Skype for Business interop. Feature ID: 53934

In the o365 roadmap Featured ID: 53934 was launched.

However we are unable to share our screens with s4b users, unless we escalate the call to a teams meeting, which is not a solution for us or the partners we work with.

Please implement native app and desktop sharing between Teams
    and Skype for Business and not this bodged work around.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Sharing Posts

It would be great if we had the ability to share a post from one channel/Team to another. I know there is the option to post to multiple channels, but it would be good if we could share something already posted to another team/channel or by email

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Connection across enterprises.

Interconnectivity between Teams across other enterprises --- Partners should be able to download teams or follow a web link I generate where they can instant message me via teams, it would also decrease the constant clutter of email, and could additionally be added in as a thread to an existing email conversation if need be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Student scribe on teachers shared screen

When the teacher is sharing the screen, allow the teacher the ability to provide access to a scribing tool for students. Students wont have ability to control the screen, but can use pens to write on a display screen, like on a whiteboard. As a math teacher I allow students to wrote and show their work on my teacher created smartboards to be more engaging. The zoom website has this feature and I had 6 students all at the same time working on different problems. It was engaging.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. iOS shortcuts

Please consider adding some hooks for Apple’s shortcuts on iPadOS and iOS.

In my immediate tinkering with the new iOS update to 13.0, I was trying to make a shortcut to send one message to a few people by text and to a small group in Teams. Since there are no hooks/commands from Teams in shortcuts, this action is not possible.

With more ideas, this could be a robust addition to Teams on iOS.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. student video assignments using stream

Students should be able to submit a video assignment via stream. This would have to be locked down so that once the assignment is submitted, the video could not be edited. Admin for the course would be able to share the video (for example with external markers)

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create assignment linking to already distributed OneNote page

Can it be a feature where I can create an assignment and link to a page in the class notebook that’s I have already distributed in OneNote. For example, in a lesson I distribute a page for classwork, but then I want it as an assignment so they finish for homework. The only way round this is to delete the distributed page and re-distribute using Teams assignments, which deletes any work in the page already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow Screen Mirroring for tablets

While presenting it would be a neat feature to be able to use the tablet as an input device. Use it for a 2nd screen but with independent capabilities. Present via screen mirroring but still curate via the desktop app.
    White board possibilities, because it is much more easier to draw on the tablet with the appropriate stylus.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add a Forms function to Teams chats

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams チャットでの Microsoft Forms の機能追加希望
    Add a Forms function to Teams chats

■Description(内容):
    現在、チームのチャネル上のタブでは Microsoft Forms のアプリと連携し複数のアンケートを作成することが可能ですが、チャットでも Microsoft Forms のアプリと連携し複数のアンケートを作成できるよう、機能の追加を希望します。

Currently, it is possible to link the Forms app to a tab at the top of a team channel and create surveys, but please make it possible to do this from regular chats as well.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Support Apple Ear Pods on Windows Platform

Suppory the use of apple ear pods on Windows Teams clients. I can use these with my Mac, and my IPhone but not My Windows PC.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. It could be useful to have a third option on camera :1) ON 2) OFF 3) ON only when you talk

It could be very useful to have a third option on camera :1) ON 2) OFF 3) ON only when you talk

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Set Focus on chat when open or change to the teams window

When I open the chat conversation and change the window to other program and back again to the same conversation (or only click on an existing conversation), the set focus on the chat field will be set. Today I'll need to click on this field to continue writing a text, this is not productive.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Currently Teams does not allow me to add external contacts the way Skype for Business does

Add the same functionality that Skype for Business does for adding External Contacts

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft 365 管理センターの 「使用状況」 機能について
    “Usage” function in the Microsoft 365 admin center

■Description(内容):
    Teams を利用して Yammer を表示させた際の状況を確認できるようにしてほしい。
    Teams のチームチャネルのタブに特定の Yammer グループを追加して、Yammer を利用した場合に、「使用状況」 機能にて確認できるようにしてほしい。

Please allow us to check the state where Yammer is being displayed using Teams.
    We want to be able to confirm the usage of Yammer from within Teams by adding a specific Yammer group as a tab in a team channel.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. build custom TeamsRoom

Need to be able to leverage off the shelf hardware to make a teamsRoom. Zoom lets you do it on all kinds of stuff, looks like you used to be able to do it with Skype. please make this a thing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Interoperate with Zoom, Webex, Google Meet users to make email 3.0

Make it possible to enter a Google Meet, Zoom, Webex and Microsoft Teams meeting details and have Meet host it. Also make it possible for people who use Google Meet, Zoom, Webex and Ms Teams to join in on the meetings. Create the email 3.0 interconnected video conferencing and messaging protocols that interoperate between providers. Just like email. Like in Star Trek, a unified video based messaging and conferencing global community like what email servers and email mailboxes behave and of course live interoperability between all major video conferencing platforms. This is the future of email.. Email may be obsolete…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base