Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared screen quality in Teams

When you share screen with 1 Mbps for the media bit rate setting in Teams Meeting policies, the screen shows in blurry or it takes time to show clear view.
    However, these condition does not happen to Skype for Business in setting with 1 Mbps media bit rate. The screen shows a clear view.

It would be great that screen with setting 1 Mbps media bit rate can show clear view when sharing screen in Teams as well as SfB.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. SIP Trunk - Cisco VCS or Expressay or Avaya Aura SBC

Creation os SIP Trunks to integrate with on premisses devices, like Cisco CMS, VCS, Expressay and Avaya Aura

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Ability to send screenshots from Teams client to Skype for Business users

Would be great if there was an option to still send screenshots to Skype for Business from the Teams client.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. I would like you to associate the presence status between Teams and Skype for Business

Although Teams and Skype for Business are using Exchange Online calendar to set presence status, these two services show different status. I would like you to associate them to be the same status. Also, I would request some public articles which cover information for these technologies on how/when reference the presence info each other.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Install in Program Files directory

We simply can't fathom the idea that Microsoft allows for an Enterprise-level application like Teams to be installed on the user's AppData folder. As IT admins, we need the ability to install this in the Program Files directory. You recently released an MSI package, but that still copies the executable over to the user's %localappdata% directory. This is not secure!

85 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

MacOS: native text features like lookup would be great!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Google Calendar

I rely on Google Calendar for all of my day-to-day events so right now, I’m having to manually put in my shifts that I’m assigned on Teams. Would be nice to have it sync with my Calendar and maybe even show my supervisor when a shift conflicts with an event on my calendar, similar to Outlook when scheduling a meeting. I’m sure others would benefit from this too? Thanks!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Teams app – Hybrid AAD Join Not Supported

Only Teams app doesn’t support WAM while other Office 365 apps support it at this time. So, it doesn’t support Hybrid ADD Join, either.
    We strongly would like to ask you making Teams app to be WAM Supported app and enable us to use Hybrid AAD Join.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better support for working across companies.

I am a one man company. I work with many other companies for a client. We all have different email addresses. Many tools like the whiteboard don't like to work this way. Even messaging doesn't work well across company borders.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow to Login two Team App like 1 for Client 1 for Org it will help a lot

Allow to Login Two Teams APP 1 for Client 1 for Org so that we can manage both easily

We do work inn multiple projects if both uses Teams then it difficult to manage

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Teams to join a skype meeting

During interopeabiltiy phases, a Teams client needs to be able to join a Skype meeting without the skype client being installed on the desktop or mobile device. There should only be a single collaboration tool required.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Stop forcing the automatic creation of a team site whenever you create a new Teams

This is one of the most frustrating issues we've faced using Teams and SharePoint. When you create a new Teams, a SharePoint team site is automatically created in the background, used for storing any attachments you upload in Teams. You have no control to configure this team site when it's created, no ability to prevent it happening, and if you wanted a Communications site instead of a team site this isn't even possible. No option to choose the site's URL either.

On so many occasions we've wanted to create a Teams channel but not have a team site linked to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. No internet chats, screen shares, ect....

When no internet is available (airplane, remote areas, ect) allow connection to another Teams member PC nearby for screen share, chat, ect for collaboration. Wifi? Bluetooth?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Meetings, working on documents and chats must be able to seperate or productivity is greatly impacted.

Deploying Teams to enterprise users, I hear the frustration of not being able to spread the communications onto separate screens as separate efforts. Example: Bounce a Meeting into another window, while being able to chat with a colleague NOT in the meeting and collaborating on yet a third effort (Editing a document) all at the same time. This is a common pain point pushing users to resist Teams adoption.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sharepoint contacts integration

The contacts could appear in Teams if the user is member of a Sharepoint with a contact list.

This can be pretty useful to make Teams the indispensable to day by day work and also really handy. Also integrate the possibility of update it from Teams itself.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Improve Teams to Skype for Business Interoperability

I realize Skype for Business is planning on being deprecated. While this is fine on paper, the reality is many companies will continue to use SfB and even Lync on-premise, so the Interoperability between Teams and SfB needs to be improved, or there will be issues. Currently, we are not able to send files or screen-share between the two clients, and those alone would be deal-breakers for companies that aren't switching to Teams anytime soon.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Stop to splash in your face old notices of several old dates. Is very annoying and unnecessary, and loss of time at work.

O Aplicativo é irritante quando mostra notícias velhas e inúteis em sua face todas as vezes que é aberto. Por isso na maioria das vezes o mantenho desligado como ferramenta, e apenas utilizo para registrar um contato como uma alterativa ao e-mail, mas nunca para processos de trabalho. A forma atual é altamente ineficiente, e como não há opção de apagar, melhor não conversar.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Need to sign-in automatically with the Office 365 account even if using different IDs for the local account and the Office 365 account

By design, Microsoft Teams prompts the user to input their credentials manually each time when signing-in, if the user has two different IDs for Azure Active Directory and Office 365.

It is time-consuming to manually delete the account in Active Directory domain environment and input ID again to sign-in with the Office 365 account so I would like to choose and sign in with the Office 365 account by default.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Want to have a feature to export data of Teams

It would be great that there is a feature to export data on the Teams section in Microsoft Teams admin center.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to right click on a chat box and copy contents

It would be great if you could right click on an individual message within a chat and copy contents to the clipboard.

E.G. User 1 sends large paragraph of text to User 2. User 2 wants to copy that text to send in an email. Rather than having to use the mouse to select all the text and press CTRL + C, User 2 can just right-click on the message and click "Copy contents to clipboard"

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base