Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow a whiteboard for Android

Please, allow a whiteboard for Android devices.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

Voice calls/Audio should be allowed to transfer on phone number

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Handover report for Global operation support team

I have a team that is 12 hours ahead so we're not online at the same time. We would like some form of handover application within Microsoft teams to assist with a "Follow the Sun" support model.

For instance, I could post for the other team to monitor a ticket I have opened.

"RobQ8 has posted: Please monitor INC1234567 for any vendor updates."

This would go in the next teams queue and at their end of their day, they could post and it would end up back in my queue that either it was resolved or that there was an…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. please fix teams to office presence.

please fix the issue with native teams and office presence. Without Skype its broken.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Screen sharing in Teams/Skype for Business interop. Feature ID: 53934

In the o365 roadmap Featured ID: 53934 was launched.

However we are unable to share our screens with s4b users, unless we escalate the call to a teams meeting, which is not a solution for us or the partners we work with.

Please implement native app and desktop sharing between Teams
    and Skype for Business and not this bodged work around.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Sharing Posts

It would be great if we had the ability to share a post from one channel/Team to another. I know there is the option to post to multiple channels, but it would be good if we could share something already posted to another team/channel or by email

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Team Improvements

You guys are doing a wonderful job with Teams, it is unlike all other conferencing platforms as it is a virtual space. However, I can see competitor’s platforms have features such as:

1. Raise hands

2. All participants camera preview on screen

3. Interactive live White Board

4. Interactive live polls

Hope this helps with your future improvements to Teams and to keep up to speed with these other conferencing services, which I note are focused on one off meetings rather than daily virtual workspaces.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Access to on-demand flows in sharepoint list when accessing within teams

When you create a flow in a SharePoint list which can be run on demand per item in the list and you add this sharepoint list as a tab in a Microsoft Teams channel, the option to run flows does not exist and thus you have to access the page via the browser to access this feature. It would be very helpful if this can be accessed in teams instead.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Microsoft Teams support for IPAD 4

Microsoft needs to support teams on ipad 4. This should help a lot of students who have an existing device and are unable to use it because of ios Incompatibility. Even chrome and other browsers on IOS 10.3.3 don't work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

Adrian.Scott@teamhgs.com
    For the reply to function in a chat channel, make it like whatsApp.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Need to access to SPO sites even when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app

I would like you to enable to access to SPO sites when the conditional access has been set on Teams mobile app. If I configured the conditional access on Teams desktop client or mobile app, I receive an error and can’t access to the SPO site when trying to open it from the SPO tab. We can access to the site from Web client on PC as a workaround, but it is inconvenient.

46 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Linking external calendars to Teams

We have only just started to try Teams, one of our salespeople has an existing Outlook calendar, but no way to import or sync it to Teams. Others in our org use Google calendars, Apple (iPhones) etc. calendars, but there's no way to Use them as the main calendar, or import existing info for use in Teams.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Google Calendar

I rely on Google Calendar for all of my day-to-day events so right now, I’m having to manually put in my shifts that I’m assigned on Teams. Would be nice to have it sync with my Calendar and maybe even show my supervisor when a shift conflicts with an event on my calendar, similar to Outlook when scheduling a meeting. I’m sure others would benefit from this too? Thanks!

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Set Focus on chat when open or change to the teams window

When I open the chat conversation and change the window to other program and back again to the same conversation (or only click on an existing conversation), the set focus on the chat field will be set. Today I'll need to click on this field to continue writing a text, this is not productive.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. PLEASE(!) can you allow for copying and pasting between Teams versions of Excel and Word

I like to copy and paste tables from Word into Excel in order to make simple calculations across the information set and at present i lose all formatting when copying and pasting between Word and excel (in either direction)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. azure aim for teams

Would be nice to have Teams and other O365 efforts to have a unified RBAC like capabilities and is tightly integrated with Azure AD and its AIM role assignments.

Similar to the now Unified labeling, we should have Unified RBAC roles and AIM roles assignments that flow from Azure AD to O365.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Microsoft teams to link with different email accounts in setting up ONE teams account

If you have different microsoft based email accounts you end up having different teams accounts and this is very disfunctional. Teams need to link to different emails but should present one Teams profile.

In addition, inviting people from outside your organisation and who do not use teams should be simplified. This is an opportunity to enhance the client base of microsoft should the guest finds the system easy to use. At the moment, non-teams users who are invited as guests have multiple difficulties to access Teams and attend meetings, chat, share docs etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. office insert capabilities (Image, screen shot/clipping, etc.)

Please add in as much as possible Insert capabilities available throughout MS Office 365 to Teams (especially in Chat/Messaging). E.g., Insert Illustrations (Excel) with screen shot, clipboard, etc., or Insert menu in OneNote. When using MS Office one is lulled into expecting awesome features that make sense to appear across MS apps, once you see them in one (e.g., OneNote), since MS already has the code to do so "in-house"--you obviously know how to do it vs. starting from scratch :-). Thank you! BTW, love Teams :-)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. By making it interoperable with Ingate SBC, that is one of the main SBC solutions in Europe

Swedish Ingate is one of the pioneers in SBC's, that why a lot of European companies and public institutions use it, and because of reliability. As we can see that most of interoperability is done by American SBC, that aren't so good represented in Europe it would be mandatory to certifly also Ingate solutions so that share of complete solutions is bigger that it is now. Companies in Europe are not in favour in using cloud PBX services, but their own, but they do use MS Teams and Office 365, that's why certified Ingate Session Border Controllers would make a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Set Field Focus on Input Dialog

Please set focus on a field of a newly opened dialog box, i.e. Add a contact to this group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base