Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. GUID's for Groups

I am trying to setup a FLOW notification to a Teams Group and I am getting an error.
    "error": {

"code": "InvalidRequest",

"message": "groupId needs to be a valid GUID.\r\nParameter name: groupId"

I am not able to find the GUID for the GroupID. Where do I need to look and would it be possible to link Flow to Teams where it looks up the information based on the user?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Moving a page from a personal OneNote to a Teams OneNote is insanely slow!

If I create a page in my personal OneNote and try to move it to a Teams notebook it literally takes and hour or more to synchronize. I've also lost at least one page that never made it to the Teams notebook at all. This is a major bug that needs fixing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync Office365 Group Files and Microsoft Team Files

I like that I'm able to save an attachment directly into a Group folder. Now, thinking that that same Group exists in Teams, I'd assume that the Files tab in the Teams' page contains the saved attachment. But it doesn't. I can only access that saved attachment if I go to SharePoint. Why can't we sync both Files folders? Or create an option to save an attachment into a Team Files folder.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. More integrations in Outlook

When reading an email in Outlook, we have the options to "Reply", "Reply All", "Forward" etc. It would be nice to also have an option to discuss in Teams instead of having to forward to the email associated with the team. This will help get users out of the habit of clicking "Reply" and discussing directly through email.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Integration for Workfront

It would be very nice to integrate with the workfront project/task management solution so that we can manage our tasks from within the teams desktop app.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Web invite for non-Teams users.

Just like SfB had an invite feature, using the Outlook add-on, which allowed us to send a meeting invite with a web link for non-SfB users. It is also important to allow communication with non-Teams users. As of now only Teams users can communicate with each other.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. better integration with other Products/no Office Online

It would be great if Teams wouldn't neccessarily open everything in the online pendants of its programs. Especially in the desktop version and apps there should be an option to open it in the preinstalled office programs without having to download the files, dig them out, open them and upload them again.
    Also a desktop app would be great, the Win10 App is only compatible with ARM chips which aren't yet found in desktop PCs

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Include Teams message channels in SharePoint and Dynamics 365.

Like you can do with Yammer, it would be great to be able to insert a Teams channel into a SharePoint site or Dynamics account page, etc. In Dynamics, you can use a Yammer chat in lieu of the Activity Feed. Likewise, in a Sharepoint Group site, you can use Yammer in lieu of a team news feed, etc. It would be great to be able to do the same with a channel from Teams. There are too many app-specific ways to communicate (activity feed for Dynamics, news feed for Sharepoint, Channels for Teams), and most people don't want to…

70 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Add in E-mail and e-mail functionality

Teams could be a one stop shop application if it also integrated e-mail. Potentially under the file icon you could put an icon for e-mail and teams could work like an e-mail client. Again - I would use this exclusively - no longer have to have skype, outlook, one drive etc... all open when its all right here. Really would be amazing.

89 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Outlook Customer Manager Integration

Teams should be able to provide a "Tab" for Outlook Customer Manager (OCM) in a similar way to the "Planner" tab.

This would be a key capability for the running of sales teams. In business the customer contact is the centre point and this a massive oversight to have missed this! Yes you have a Dynamics365 connector but Teams needs to spans a lot more than this!

Team discussions about customers should also show on the OCM feeds within outlook.

Teams, Planner and Outlook Customer Manager are all from the same era and targeting small to medium businesses. We need…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. task in outlook

The same way you can make notes in onenote to a task in outlook, I need a way to make a coment in teams to become a task.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. OneNote Integration

It would be nice to be able to view and utilize other sections of the the Team's OneNote notebook outside of the General_Notes section. Currently I don't see a way to see other sections within the Notebook other than opening the notebook in OneNote Online or OneNote Desktop app.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Apps: Integration with Security System Alerts (other systems too)

It would be great if there was more support for Teams to connect to systems that provide alerts. For instance, systems such as Microsoft SCEP can provide email alerts for malware detections. If we have a team for SCCM management, we may want a channel where alerts appear thanks to SCEP malware detections. From there, we could create a conversation around that alert.

There could be integration with Carbon Black, Crowdstrike, Sophos, Symantec, etc.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ease with which Excel files can be formatted, shared and edited within a team

i) Edit with Teams/Excel online does not offer the full range of functionality which Excel can provide. Improve the UX and range of functions for both edit options to ameliorate simultaneous remote working
    ii) Opening links to files saved in Teams is not always a seamless experience. Different experience based on browser-type
    iii) Formatting distinct text within a cell is not possible. i.e. when trying to change the text colour within a cell, the default is to re-colourise all text in that cell to that colour

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. XMPP interface is sorely needed.

Desperately need XMPP integration.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Add Teams Activity Feed to Outlook

My users live in Outlook. Would be nice if you could add the activity feed as a Favorite or folder in Outlook with a count of unread items. This would allow Outlook users an easy way to know to check Teams without cluttering up their inbox with Teams notifications.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. better integration with outlook and groups

Better integration with Outlook and Groups as well as Skype for Business, Slack is much more intuitive and does not pretend to be an Office365 and then does it terribly like Teams does.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Hyperlinks and Searchable PDFs

When you open a pdf, hyperlinks within the pdf don't work. Additionally, you can't search within the PDF (No Ctrl-F either). PDFs that are a few hundred pages long is far too long to scroll through to find a section that can be found in seconds using a desktop PDF application.

88 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Use the MacOS notification system instead of the built-in

The built-in notification system is very unreliable. Have them sent to the MacOS notification system so we can keep track of them in the notification center and such.

157 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Merged  ·  0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. on prem Federation with Teams

Will the new Version of Skype for Business 2019 have federation capabilities with Teams? Or is another technology developed for Teams to be able to create an "hybrid" environment that we know of in SfB Server?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base