Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by me (Suphatra) and I’m a real person, not a robot. I work on the Teams team and sit in engineering, and its my job to represent your voice in the design and development of this product.

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which I check religiously!
5 — PARTICIPATE in user testing (sign up here: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!AryUNzh1ogZzif8pDcOcx2pW45I87w)

Thanks everyone for supporting Teams. We’re listening and we really appreciate your feedback.

Sincerely,
Suphatra

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Linux client

My team has some users on Linux, and one benefit Slack has is a Linux client. Without a Linux client on Microsoft Teams, some orgs may have to turn away in favor of Slack so everyone can participate without keeping a browser open all the time.

1,334 votes
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

220 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • Remove the need to constantly log in

Something has changed, but over the past 2 weeks, each time I reboot, or even resume from sleep, I'm presented with the SSO/ADFS signin page within Teams. As most users don't even notice this, most remain perpetually logged out, defeating the purpose of Teams.

949 votes
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)

128 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

HI again everyone, I got your messages that this is not working for some of you on Android.

For the Android app, can you confirm that you’re on the latest build?

We shipped an update on Apr 6th (version 1416/1.0.0.2017040402) that should have fixed the repeated log-in issue. If you’re still getting logged out of the android app everyday, please let us know.

Thanks!
        Suphatra

• Enable screen sharing without video call

Enable an option to start a screen sharing session without starting a video call. This is a common use case in our organization.

885 votes
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

119 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve started work on this and we’re aiming for completion by the end of a month that starts with “J”. I’ll let you guess. :-D

Thank you for your support of Teams, your great ideas, your patience and enthusiasm. We really appreciate you!

Sincerely,
          Suphatra
          Microsoft Teams

• Please enable share control in video meeting

We used to be able to share control in video meeting so we can do remote support.

Please include this feature in the future releases.

Thanks,
          Jason

578 votes
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  28 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Enable integration of Microsoft Teams to an existing SharePoint site rather than to always create a new site collection

There have been a few ideas raised on integrating lists, OneNote, document libraries, etc. from an existing SharePoint site with Microsoft Teams, but in summary, it will be best if we could create a team upon on existing site, so that the "Files" and "Notes" tabs would directly reference the existing document library and OneNote in SharePoint. It does not make sense to have two separate sites: one for all the usual SharePoint stuff, and another just for Microsoft Teams.

361 votes
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

112 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, thanks for your responses!

I’ve talked with our Files team (here at Teams) and this item is planned, but note that for this item to happen, it has to be done by primarily by the SharePoint team.

So I’m trekking the long haul across campus to knock down some doors on the SharePoint team to see if we can speed this up. Will let you know how that goes!

Suphatra

• Teams Meeting in Outlook

It would be nice to be able to create a Teams meeting directly in Outlook similar to what Skype for Business does now.

320 votes
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  17 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • 269 votes
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

22 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                • Persistent notification

I'm using Mac and one annoying thing is that I'm not getting notified of new messages in team channels (whether I'm mentioned or not) because I missed the banner in the top right of the screen, either from being away from my desk or focusing on my second screen. The red icon is added to the actual application icon in the dock menu when I get a direct chat but there should be something here to indicate that team chats have new messages

250 votes
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)

19 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for this feedback. I’ve spoken to many people who report the same scenario on iOS. So sorry you are experiencing this! We are looking into it and please let me know if anything else happens on this particular issue for any of you. You can email me back on this address or just tweet to me at @skprufo.

Thank you for helping us make Teams awesome!

Sincerely,
                    Suphatra

Email: sparavi@microsoft.com
                    Twitter: @skprufo

• 231 votes
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Files in Teams should be Files in Office 365 Group the team was created from

Created a Team by selecting an Office 365 Group. This Group has sharepoint files etc... expect existing files to show up.

172 votes
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

planned  ·  5 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

117 votes
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
                          Microsoft Teams

• Improve Install options - Install for all users and install location

Hi there,

I would like to be able to install for all users of a PC via and MSI, the current installer installs into the users Appdata which means each user has to install manually.

I would like to see a "proper" installer than loads it to Program Files for all users

93 votes
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  18 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                          • Remove "Threads" Feature

Threads in the conversation make it too difficult to notice new messages. Let's keep this simple and have conversation history ordered chronologically. If users want to make a "post" and have a discussion on that post, this isn't the right forum. They should use Yammer.

65 votes
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  18 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • Using Teams Offline

MULTIPLE USERS reporting offline needs:

---

Generally want to use Teams offline:

If I am offline it would be great to browse through Teams and Channels in case I have to lookup some informations.

Also viewing the latest notes in "Notes" on teams would be great.

It would be enough to have "Read only" - for the moment my Teams app does not even open when I am offline

Compared on my mobile - I can read all posts while I am offline.

---

Edit while offline:

just been using teams wiki to take and share notes in a meeting.…

60 votes
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                              • Integrate the client login with Office 365

Integrate the client login with Office 365, similar to the integration of OneNote, Word, and Excel. This utilizes the current login information instead of prompting the user for credentials each time the client is started.

57 votes
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Fix copy/paste

On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message.

Additionally when using an alternate theme like dark, copying messages out of Teams brings its background with it, meaning if you paste it somewhere else it has that dark gray background.

When copying something into teams, it preserves its original font color on top of the dark background, causing problems with visibility. If you are going to allow pallette swapping themes, please add…

53 votes
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                  • Relax browser support check

The current browser support check is too pessimistic and prevents some modern browsers from loading Microsoft Teams. For example, up-to-date Chrome on Ubuntu Linux is not considered a supported browser, even though changing the User-Agent string to Chrome on Windows allows Teams to load without any problems.

Please consider a) just letting the browser try to load Teams, b) using feature detection instead of the User-Agent string, or c) blacklisting known broken browsers instead of whitelisting if the User-Agent string is used.

52 votes
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

15 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                    • Ability to re-sort conversations so the latest posts are at the top rather than bottom

Messages currently come in with latest content at the bottom of the page. Would be good to be able to re-sort so the conversations with the most recent traffic are at the top.

49 votes
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                      • Export a message or a conversation (as mail, PDF, Text, etc)

When there is a good post or conversation, you should be able to archive it :
                                        - send it by email (with potential files attached)
                                        - export to PDF or Text
                                        - save to a Sharepoint page

45 votes
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                        • Fix OSX client updates

It seems whenever the OSX client updates, we get a "An update is ready to install. Microsoft Teams is trying to add a new helper tool." authentication request, then the app quits. Or sometime the app just quits on it's own without any notification. When it launches again, the "loading" box then sometimes doesn't disappear. I really want to roll this out for our teams to start playing with, but having the app quit on us ~10 times a day without notification makes it unusable.

44 votes
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                          ← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base