Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mark items read from iOS Activity tab and Lock screen

Allow users to do the following:
    - Mark single items Read from the Activities tab and the iOS Lock screen.
    - Mark all notifications Read from the Activities tab.

See also ideas for including more activity types in the Activities tab; this should apply to those also if they are added.

NOTE: I am a blind user and thus have a strong interest in the accessibility of this solution. VoiceOver rotor entries like "Mark as read" would work well for me, for example.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow it to run in the background on mobile so that no messages are missed.

It would be nice if Teams ran in the background, like Skype and Jabber. I seem to miss messages on mobile, and am only made aware an hour later when the missed email sends.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Disable Organization Tab On Mobile Option

When the "Show Organization tab in chats" option is disabled, it needs to disable it on the mobile Teams clients. Currently, this option has no effect on mobile devices, but only on the desktop client.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better visibility of tables in wikipage in iOS-app

Tables created in a teams-wiki is not appropriately shown on my mobile app. While clear and readable on the desktop app on our computers the tables look unclear and messy on the iPhone-app.

Make tables on wiki pages more clear and readable in the iPhone-app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

Fix it. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Close app

Let me close the app. I want the app on my phone so I can get alerts during work hours but I’d like to shut it off after work is over.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow us to select edge as default browser to open link in edge mobile

As for Outlook Mobile I would like to be able to select Edge as the default link opener this way I get an SSO to corporate ressources

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams does not show new messages icon at top when android phone is in do no disturb mode

When I set my phone to Do Not Disturb mode Teams no longer syncs and receives new messages. With all of my other apps, when my phone is in DND mode the notification icon appears at the top of the screen and I can even receive a pop-up notification that I have a new message.

In DND mode I have no way of knowing when I have a new message in Teams.

I am using a Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 9.0.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Android app crashes, because of automatic number formatting

The Microsoft Teams Android app crashes when opening a channel containing a large number (hundreds) of 4 or more digits numbers (in a single message in my case).

It recognises them as phone numbers even though those are contained in a code block (```), and I am guessing Android attempts to process them all — resulting in a huge freeze almost always followed by a crash.

Impractical since even the team owner cannot delete incoming webhook messages without archiving the whole conversation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Why do I have to choose the image size

It's foolish that I have to choose the size of the image in iOS before I send it. Just send the image. Mobile is supposed to be fast and simple. I should never have to worry about what size I'm sending. If anything choose once and create a setting to change that later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Call Queue opt in/out in Mobile app

I am part of a Call Queue and it works as expected in the desktop app, but it rings also on my mobile app even when I am at the office with my phone next to my computer. Two ideas:
    1. The Call Queue should recognize that I am using the computer and should prioritize it for incoming calls, so it shouldn't ring in the mobile app.
    2. Have an option to opt out for calls to the Call Queue in the mobile (or maybe for all calls). We use Team mobile to be in contact with the office at…

55 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. I miss dialpad in iphone app for teams i am not able to use dialplan via microsoft teams on my mobile

Add dialpad to microsoft teams on mobile devices allow to make calls outside the business with callolan

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Mobile app calling and icon arrangement

1. can it be made possible for users to add, remove and re-arrange the icons at the bottom of the mobile app to their preference. e.g. if your on an education tenant with a PSTN calling plan, it is not possible to get the calls icon at the bottom where you would want it or loose assignments icon etc.

2. Can PSTN calling form the Teams mobile app be made easier to invoke? e.g. a new call shortcut that lives on the top of the screen. At the moment a user has to click menu > calls > new call > dialler…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. If you upload a file that contains multibyte characters from your Android device, you can not display it even if you open it from the conver

If you upload a file that contains multibyte characters from your Android device, you can not display it even if you open it from the conversation or file tab on PC, Android.

Files with size 0 bytes and garbled files are uploaded to the file tab.
    I would like to improve this problem.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Silk support so i can use Teams on my kindle fire tablet

Silk browser support for kindle fire tablets would be great so that I don't have to take up precious space and resources with the app (assuming it is ever available in the Amazon app store). I can use so many O365 apps via Silk, and the addition of Teams would be appreciated. Even if limited to basic stuff like meetings, chat, and team groups. Thanks for considering!

78 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

57 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Environment selection from iOS sharing

When using the iOS "Share to Teams" action, it would be very useful to be able to select a specific environment.
    Right now, the last accessed environment is automatically selected, and we can only select a specific group or people.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Make teams list searchable or sortable

There is no way to sort or search team names only within Teams on Mobile. Instead search throws all hits including keywords in content. It makes it hard to sort through multiple teams.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Incoming video off by default on mobile

An option to always have incoming video turned off by default.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base