Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add mobile device support for hyperlinks in SharePoint word docs able to hotlink into ms teams rooms and chat (useful for work orders)

Though I'm sure there's a better way I'm currently making workorders in word documents located on share point sites that I then put into their own sharepoint Tab in Microsoft teams. then I send my employees a link to that word doc and at the end of the work order/ word doc it would be super useful to have a hyperlink that links back to the private chat so that they can confirm that they got the work order and check in etc. without a functioning hyperlink in that word doc it's a little clunky for them to get back…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. App transition in Teams Mobile App

Today, I joined a Teams Meeting via mobile client. My audiobook was playing and continued to run during the call. In SfB, my audiobook would automatically pause.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. share documents from mobile apps

please allow sharing of documents at least from ios / android ms office apps directly or better from any app

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Link to Planner from Teams

I would like to open the planner app from teams to see tasks for that team. Not open a web browser

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open Sharepoint library tab in app rather than mobile site

Thanks very much for adding all tabs!

We have SharePoint document library that we use rather than putting the files into Teams itself. Right now, this tab opens in the mobile site rather than in the OneDrive app which would be a natural place for it.

The same thing goes for Planner, which redirects to the mobile site rather than the new Planner app.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Persistent Login/Notifications on Mobile

I have a bunch of users that leverage Slack and Google Hangouts for group collaboration and I would like to present them with Teams as an alternative, but I have a major issue that is keeping me from suggesting it:

The mobile app is too inconsistent for making sure that users will see messages. There have been many time when our IT test group will think they are good, but someone will call them and ask why they are ignoring Teams. When you pull up the app, you get the login screen instead of your conversations, only to sign in…

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

Thank you for the feedback. This feature request is now being actively worked upon by the feature team. I’ll update this topic as we move along through the development.

Please keep the feedback coming. We appreciate all the responses.
    -Warren

7. Make a three column Layout: [Chat] [Teams] [Tabs]

Going back and fowared to chat is unbearable if trying to do serious work on other tabs/channels.

What id like is a layout where we can still chat with different people/groups while browsing channels/conversations in other panes

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. IOS App enhancement

In current Teams App for iPhone and iPad, when you goto team and channel, you can only see conversations and files. I have a one note tab with meeting notes and cannot view. Can this please be addressed as = serious limitation

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Simplify navigation in the mobile app

Nowadays, it has become customary to swipe left or right to go in and out of chats, lists, channels, etc in mobile apps, so that users can use a single hand to navigate between ongoing tasks, team conversations, chats, and more. Having recently converted from another chat based collaboration app, this is something I miss. I need to make an extra effort to reach the "back arrow" in the upper left corner.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Edit files from Teams Apps

When the Teams mobile app is managed with Intune, you can view the office file in the Teams app but you cannot longer "Edit" the file in the associated Office Mobile app (ie Word app).

Prior to managing the Teams app with Intune, the "Edit" appeared and allowed you to open the file, edit it, and save it back.

This appears to be a simple interop issue with Teams app and other Office mobile apps (PowerPoint, Excel, Word). See attached example of where the "Edit" option no longer appears.

Thanks.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Make it fully compatible with the iphone

I would like to have full functionality from my iPhone rather than having to go to my desktop for certain features, like meetings or accessing all files and conversations.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. windows 10 mobile

I would like to have a fully functional live-tile for Teams on Windows 10 Mobile with text snippets of the latest interesting posts.

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

declined  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been declined due to the shift with Win10 mobile devices.
    -Warren

13. Led indicator

At least on android 7, when I receive a message there is no led indicator that a message arrived like, for instance, on skype.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Render Link Preview from Mobile

Posting a link from the desktop version of Teams provides a nice Preview of the link material. However, posting a link from Mobile does not.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Access to Teams files on Windows 10 Phone

Using a Windows 10 Phone, the Teams app does not seem to be able to access the files from OneDrive or the Sharepoint sites that a team is associated with. This severely limits usefulness of collaboration within the app. Would like to see files access!!!

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notebook in Mobile App

We use the Notebook in Teams. However when using the mobile app the notebook needs to be opened in the seperate OneNote App. It would be great if users could contribute to these sections in the Teams mobiles app like one can in the desktop App.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. External Keyboard Support on iOS

Better app logic when Bluetooth/External keyboard is connected.

1. Better use of screen real estate.

2. Logical keyboard shortcuts (chat apps typically use "Enter" to send messages, not "Shift+Cmd+D", even though that is what the Apple Mail App uses, it is not consistent with Messages, Slack, etc.

3. Support for formatting (italics, bold, underline, etc.)

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Stop logging out of mobile app

I use the Teams app when I am away from my desk but a few hours may go by before I notice I've been logged out and missing communication. We shouldn't have to re-log in and continuously check our status on the app.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Support for Landscape mode in iOS/Android app

Landscape support for iOS would be a real differentiation point to Slack. Slack lacks support for years now. Users of plus size devices would love to read and type to a channel. If you use a Plus size device in landscape and switch to Teams it is quiet annoying that the orientation switches to Portrait as well.

129 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base