Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Test Call for Ipad/Iphone

Create test call feature for mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

2,261 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

166 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Listen to long voice messages gets interupted when phone lockscreens turns on

When listen on long voice messages they get interupted on the mobile app when the lockscreen turns on for IOS and Android. It would be great to take ownership of the screen and not report it as idle or to continue to play the message when the screenlock gets turned on (same for when you play music)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Add default camera on/off control on mobile phones

Allow the option of turning off the camera as a default option. When you have the phone to your ear, it is at best rude, if not embarrassing, having the camera on and not knowing what others are able to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Option to share only one screen from Surface Duo

When I share from Surface Duo, both screens are presented. Please add option to present only one screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Show 'Join meeting as guest' on sign in screen as first option on mobile app

If a guest (without a Teams account) tries to join a Teams video call using the 'Join Microsoft Teams Meeting' link in the email invitation, and they are joining from a mobile phone or tablet, the invitation link directs them to the App Store or Play Store to download the app, but then leaves them in the dark.
    Most guests will try to either sign in or 'sign up' and both will fail unless they happen to use Teams in their organisation.

A 'Join Meeting As Guest' option should be visible as the first option shown in the 'log in'…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use loudspeaker for meetings by default

When joining a meeting or call, Teams should remember the last option used for audio routing. Eg. I always use my phone Loudspeaker for calls, so Teams should remember the choice instead of defaulting to the earpiece speaker.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Teams on iOS no longer viewing full Excel file

MS Teams on Iphone spreadsheet not showing all columns

Starting 09/08/2020 we are no longer able to view the entire Excel fil in Teams on iOS devices within Teams. Previously we were able to view out to column NJ, currently we can only view data out to column IV.
    The file size is less than 150KB.
    All the columns still show on Android phones or on a computer. It's just the iPhones that are having the problem.
    The file was uploaded from computer (My Docs), not from DropBox or OneDrive.
    We have tried:
    - Clear cache on iPhone
    - Force…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Playback meeting recordings via mobile app, on my commute

Commuting is the perfect time to catch up on meetings I've missed, instead of just listening to yet another podcast.
    Having a page in the app, with the recordings curated in one this place, playing one after the other, would be EPIC!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. MEET NOW option on Android App

Please add the MEET NOW option in the Android App ASAP because this is more relevant in present time. Not all of our teachers are having Laptop to initiate TEAMS

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make virtual background available on more devices

Add virtual background to more devices

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. See all attendees in a meeting on the mobile app.

Many people in our team use their mobile devices to attend meetings. It would be great if they could see more than 4 people on the screen during a call - or at least see the full participant list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Deficiencia desde el smartphone

Encuentro que teams es muy deficiente desde el celular a la hora de encontrar grabaciones del chat, también no aparece la union a la clase (varias y casi todas me invitan a la reunión compañeros, y hay uno molestando.. oye invítame que no puedo desde el celular)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mobile app unlock with passcode

People would appreciate a possibility to lock the Teams mobile app behind a passcode/fingerprint, as Teams profiles may contain private/classified information, so extra security over who can access the app would be appreciated.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow for 2 icons (business & personal) from the phone's home screen to allow quicker access to each profile vs switching in the app

Using one app for business and personal communications is a great idea, but it's cumbersome to need to switch between profiles in the app. If it would be possible to have a button for each profile on the phone's home screen, this would allow quicker access.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Open a channel and turn on the camera from a cell phone

I use Teams in a college setting with peer tutors who each occupy a channel for their tutoring sessions within the Team. However, there does not seem to be a way to open the channel or turn on their camera from a personal device, like a cell phone. They have to be near a desktop or laptop to turn on their camera and open their channel for drop-in hours. This is very inconvenient for the tutor if they do not have a laptop or are not near a desktop.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 2 6 8 10 59 60
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base