Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Status note on mobile

Have the ability to include a status note (textbox) in the mobile Teams app. Ability is there only on the desktop. Also, the status note (expanded beyond one day) doesn’t seem to retain.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please lose the splash screen on mobile

I love the dark mode. However, the latest update has a bright white splash screen when I open the app. If it can’t go away can it get a dark version too?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bluetooth headset doesn't work with teams - need this to work

Bluetooth headset doesn't work with teams - need this to work. This is for mobile phones.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create and upload documents from Teams Mobile app

I would like to create or upload a new document or picture to a team on the mobile app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Teams quiet hours exceptions

Our users have asked if a Teams quiet hours exceptions field could be created.

The idea would be that during the configured quiet hours period a user could define a Teams/Channel that alerts are received from.

In this way only alerts/notifications from critical channels will be received.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Compact theme for mobile app

Screen space is scarce on mobiles, it would be nice to be able to have a more dense layout as an option, especially in Chats/Conversations. I'm thinking of something in the style of IRC chats.
    I would also advocate for a more mindful usage of space in landscape mode, possibly hiding the top and bottom bars to give more space to content when typing or reading.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Direct upload to teams (sub)folder in iOS (and Android?) app

The title says it all. This is a must have feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Keep android bottom navigation at all times

Bottom Navigation (activity, chat, teams, meetings) dissapears when you enter a chat or channel. It should stay visible at all times because it takes too long to go back to start once your left it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Can not see the Document tab added to channel from mobile app

When access the Documents tab from the mobile app, it says "This tab is not yet compatible with the mobile app."

Want you to Improvement as soon as possible so that the mobile app can also access it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Text formatting on mobile

The mobile app needs the quote and bullet formatting options when composing a message, chat, reply on teams. Currently they are only available in desktop application.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. sign out on mobile devices

allow users to sign out completely from a mobile device / clear user cache, right now signing out from mobile device leaves the username intact and signing in requires tapping on the username only ( no password is asked

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Start chat with custom Bot app by sideloading on mobile app

I want a feature that user starts personal chat with a custom Bot on Teams mobile app for iOS and Android by sideloading using App ID. If I search Bot with its App ID on mobile app, there is no result and I can't start personal chat with my custom bot.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Android: add option to post stickers

On Android, I do not have the option to send any stickers (memes, Octocorn, etc). It would be great to have that option.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Switch call between Desktop and Mobile Client

Need the ability to switch from one client to another seamlessly with a button. Mobile and Desktop client should sync up to show if you are actively in a meeting and should be able to do a handoff between any client without a hiccup.

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Recents and Contacts to the Chat screen on Android phones

I really want access on my Android phone to RECENTS AND CONTACTS on the CHAT screen like the Desk Top and IPhones have.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow the Android client to use other supported apps to open Office files

Currently, older Android devices can install and use teams, but cannot open files unless Office365 supports them. This means that a number of older devices cannot use Teams well.

To fix this, please allow other supported apps to open Office files - like implemented elsewhere.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notifications on phone should happen right away

Using Shifts a mobile notification should appear right after it is assigned not an hour before the shift is about to begin. Employees need time to prepare for shift.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Teams Mobile

Quando acessamos o Teams via celular e também via desktop, quando a mensagem é avisada no celular ou quando eventualmente apenas passamos o cursor em cima da mensagem ela já é tida como visualizada, e gostaríamos de saber se teria como eles alterar para que a mensagem seja definitivamente tida como lida se abrirmos realmente ela, só ai intuitivamente o Teams entenderia que realmente estamos ciente do conteúdo da mensagem, ou que coloquem um recurso semelhante ao do whats, onde fique "ticado" que realmente a pessoa leu o conteúdo.
    Também que fosse possível incluir a opção para citar mensagens.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When viewing a shared presentation in landscape mode on mobile there is a grey bar in the way

When attending a meeting on mobile (iOS at least) and someone share a presentation I want to view it in landscape mode to see the content. When flipping to landscape there is a new grey bar at the bottom of the screen where one can browse to other slides and also request control. This bar is in the way and I cannot find any way to hide it.
    Are there any possibilities to hide that bar so that it is not in the way?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Invite external participants when creating Team Meeting in mobile app

At the moment we can only invite people in the GAL when creating a Teams Meeting in the mobile app (iPhone and iPad). Our contacts aren't visible and we can't invite an external participant by entering their email address. This is a major problem as it prevents is using Teams and Conferencing as our universal tele, video and Web Conferencing platform. It works fine in the desktop app, but not in the mobile one.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 6 8 10 38 39
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base