Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add to ability to add contacts from Teams to Favourites section of the native Phone app on the iPhone

I'm not sure if this functionality is possible with the current state of iOS. I really would like to have this functionality so calls from Teams will ring even when do not disturb is enabled on the iPhone. This really is a problem since we setup Teams for receiving support calls 24/7, but with the current limitations it is not usable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Saved items in the iOS app

Although I can mark topics as saved, there is no way in the iOS apps to find saved topics.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make the custom status message editable and view able in the mobile app

Make the custom status message editable and viewable in the mobile app so teams/companies can use this as a way to know where people are that day. We have over 60% of our employees who travel and it would be hugely convenient if we could use this as a way to keep everyone up to date with where employees are on a given day. if this was available in the mobile app and more easily viewable in the desktop app it would be huge for us.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Make it possible to create folders under «Files» in iOS App

In the Teams iOS app please make it possible to create new folders. Speaking on behalf of a couple of hundreds of teachers in our municipality that rely on an iPad as their main device at work and would like to properly use Teams for collaboration.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better file/link controls from the mobile app... I can't share links (only files themselves) via chat or email?

Better file/link controls from the mobile app... I can't share links (only files themselves) via chat or email? All I seem to be able to do is download and re-upload files from the android device. If I've previously uploaded a file or wish to reference a file (some of which are large) to my team, then this seems inefficient?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Apple iPad keyboard shortcuts

On my iPad Pro with the keyboard, I noticed many apps like Twitter, Word and Outlook show keyboard shortcuts when you press the Command key. I would love to see these same keyboard shortcuts in Microsoft Teams app for iOS

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Two factor authentication should only prompt once and send just one text

Two factor authentication should only prompt once and send just one text, instead of opening a whole sequence of password pages and sending half a dozen text messages with different values, only one of which works on any one password prompt page, and even after getting the right password the other password pages are left behind, so one needs to know that they can just be ignored by using the back button.

This provides a horrible experiences, especially when trying to authenticate on a tablet or laptop when the text goes to a separate phone because the delay in physically…

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Allow user to set callback as default join option

When joining a Teams meeting from mobile, I desparately need an option to have the Join button call me back as the default option. I see that some meetings allow the Join button to have a drop down option to call me but this requires too many clicks and is dangerous while driving.

A simple option to have the default Join action to be call back would be ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Mobile UX needs improvement during meetings. Hard to quickly nav

Too many buttons and taps. When I need to Unmute, I don’t want to open a menu to go to unmute. Takes too long.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Manually order the chats And contacts

It should be possible to sort the chat and contacts in several ways: manually in the chosen order, recent, alphabetically, etc.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Mobile darkmode

Add darkmode to the mobile app.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Compact theme for mobile app

Screen space is scarce on mobiles, it would be nice to be able to have a more dense layout as an option, especially in Chats/Conversations. I'm thinking of something in the style of IRC chats.
    I would also advocate for a more mindful usage of space in landscape mode, possibly hiding the top and bottom bars to give more space to content when typing or reading.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Change active calls or presentations from Desktop-App to Mobile-App

Will it be posibble to change an active call within Teams from the Desktop-App to the Mobile-App or the other way around?

It could bring more flexibility and maybe comfort.
    If I am late for a meeting and already on the way to my desk I could join via mobile and switch over to my desktop when I arrive.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

Fix it. No options to fast track users into a conference room and no option to by pass the lobby. And no option to see who is in the lobby!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to select edge as default browser to open link in edge mobile

As for Outlook Mobile I would like to be able to select Edge as the default link opener this way I get an SSO to corporate ressources

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Bluetooth headset doesn't work with teams - need this to work

Bluetooth headset doesn't work with teams - need this to work. This is for mobile phones.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Default Screen

Would like the ability to set the default screen on the mobile app start (e.g. feed vs chat, etc)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Found that Teams mobile app cannot initiate the call park feature (desktop app is ok), will that work soon?

Found that Teams mobile app cannot initiate the call park feature (desktop app is ok), will that work soon?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. The ability to transfer to mobile when on a call(video or audio)

i would like the ability to transfer a video or audio call to my mobile app in case i need to leave the office but still want to finish the conversation.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Teams quiet hours exceptions

Our users have asked if a Teams quiet hours exceptions field could be created.

The idea would be that during the configured quiet hours period a user could define a Teams/Channel that alerts are received from.

In this way only alerts/notifications from critical channels will be received.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.