Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Organizations

Microsoft Teams explains and has everything to configure from Teams. However, they never explain Organizations (which is a higher layer), you can not leave organizations or rename them or create several organizations with the same email.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create new Fieles in Teams App

Can't create new Files (Word, Excel...)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Start file conversation from mobile

I cannot start a conversation regarding a specific file in a channel from Teams under Files. Can this be added under the ellipsis?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. stop prompting me to turn on notifications in the mobile app

I have notifications turned off in the Teams iOS app. However, while I am using the app, it regularly pops up a prompt asking if I want to turn on notifications. I chose not to enable notifications when I set up Teams on my phone, and I still don't want them enabled. I certainly don't want to have to keep reconfirming that decision every time I use the app. Please provide a "don't ask again" option or stop popping the dialog. I know how to use my phone and how to turn on notifications if I want them--I don't like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Test audio in Teams Mobile

Teams Mobile needs the ability to test audio before joining a meeting or call, just like the desktop version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. When sharing your content through your mobile. When your screen locks, the unlocking pin is shown to all participants!!!

When sharing your content through your mobile. When your screen locks, the unlocking pin is shown to all participants!!! Please solve ASAP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Change active calls or presentations from Desktop-App to Mobile-App

Will it be posibble to change an active call within Teams from the Desktop-App to the Mobile-App or the other way around?

It could bring more flexibility and maybe comfort.
    If I am late for a meeting and already on the way to my desk I could join via mobile and switch over to my desktop when I arrive.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Option to view full calendar in teams mobile

Currently you can only view your calendar for the current week in the mobile app. Please add option to view all calendar events beyond 1 week.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lite version of teams

Due to security reasons we need to install a bunch of restrictive security apps in order to use teams business

I suggest Lite version with following features/limitation:
    1) Blocked file download/upload
    2) Blocked rooted phone
    3) Block screenshots
    4) Connecting with meeting using IP calls

I believe these features will improve usability of the business app

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. A Facebook-like safety check capability in Microsoft Teams- Incident report planning

When an incident such as an earthquake, hurricane, mass shooting or building collapse occurs where people might be in danger, a global crisis reporting agency alerts Facebook. If a lot of people in the affected area are posting about the incident, Safety Check will be activated and those people in the area may receive a notification from Facebook to mark themselves safe. People who click the Safety Check notification will also be able to see if any of their friends are in the affected area or have marked themselves safe.

With a number of international travellers in our company, we…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
    It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to…

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. whenever network connection changes mobile is showing the notifications repeatedly

whenever network connection changes mobile is showing the notifications repeatedly, making it look like new alerts but they are not

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Teams on Android should use the android audio settings

When using Teams for meetings or calls on Android I'm always presented with this obnoxious dialog asking me to select my audio devices.

I'm connected to Bluetooth almost 100% of the time and yet for some reason Bluetooth is almost never an option.

When I have a USB-C headset plugged in that already works for voice/audio, for some reason Teams rarely detects it.

This makes the app largely useless for meetings when I'm remote, in an airport, in a car or train, etc...

Please default to the current android audio settings.

If the phone is already playing audio through an…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sort search results in mobile app from newest to oldest

When searching on the desktop app, search results are sorted from newest to oldest.

When searching on the mobile app, search results are sorted randomly.

Can the search results be consistent across all platforms?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Do not leave meeting when locking phone screen

The teams iphone app leaves the current meeting if you try to lock the phone screen. This is ridiculous..you should be able to lock your screen without leaving the meeting. Most of my meetings are audio only so I do not need my screen on with the app open draining my battery.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Automatically set your presence indicator to driving when Teams on your mobile phone notices you are driving

When you have Teams installed on your mobile phone and you are driving aka moving faster than 15mph periodically, change the presence indicator to help others understand that person is in the car.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Member schedules or Shift

I want to look other members schedules or shift from mobile.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Change status when mobile app is in silent mode

If the mobile app switches to silent mode, notifications are silenced as expected, but I'm still shown as online. It would make much more sense to change the.status to either do not disturb or away in this case. Now I appear to be available while I'm not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base