Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

527 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

125 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Disable to view message contents on Teams for Android when locking the screen

If you lock the screen on Teams for Android, the message content will be shown when notification is coming in, but we want to hide them due to a security reason.
    So, we would like you to implement a feature that can hide the message contents while viewing Teams notifications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Hide the Teams call histories from the mobile device

The mobile device logs the Teams call histories, such as display name or channel name. For the security perspective, I would like to hide the call histories from the device since I don’t want them to be added into the contact in the device.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Enable for Parallel App on android

I can't see teams app in parallel apps on android. Enabling this feature for android will help setup multiple accounts on a single phone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. SSO Sign in by "request desktop website" on Teams iOS app

Our SSO website doesn't work properly as a mobile site. Could we get the option to sign in through the desktop site. I have seen other apps allow you to set "request desktop website" when the app redirects to the SSO website (through webkit).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Silence ringing of calls on mobile (volume down button, etc)

When I receive an incoming call, the Teams mobile client (Android in my case) doesn't behave like a regular incoming call. I can't easily silence the ringing with a quick tap of the volume down button. Either I have to hang-up or answer.

Given that the Teams mobile client doesn't respect the device's Do Not Disturb policy (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38035759-calls-ring-through-while-do-not-disturb), this is problematic. I get unsolicited SPAM calls at all hours, including during events and meetings. I try to be a good citizen and silence my device, but inevitably Teams starts ringing... Very embarrassing and frustrating.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Open links in Microsoft Edge

Allow the user to specify the default browser for opening web links such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Switch the notifications on/off at team-level in Microsoft Teams mobile apps

Teams mobile apps does not allow us to turn the notifications on/off at team-level, although we can set them at user-level. It would be great that we could set notification at team-level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. voice to text

be able to use voice to reply to a message and have it come out as text on the mobile app. when i try to use voice it only gives me the option to send a voice message not voice to text

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Presenter notes visible when presenting PowerPoint slides from Teams mobile app

Using Teams mobile app to remotly control your slides (share content option from app) is a great feature. It would even be better if the presenter notes are visible on your mobile to help tell your story.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Support for Apple Universal Links and Android App Links

Can we have support for Apple Universal Links and Android App Links?

This will help us use the same https:// urls on all platforms, to open the respective native apps directly or download native apps, instead of using the custom msteams:// schema.

https://medium.com/wolox-driving-innovation/ios-deep-linking-url-scheme-vs-universal-links-50abd3802f97

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Settings for Call notification or Missed are not enabled in Teams app for Android

Although we turn off the settings for Call notification or Missed, the settings are not enabled in Teams app for Android. It happens depending on models

So, please improve the functionality that the settings will be enabled successfully regardless Android models.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. should able to add people outside the company with different email ID

i have people who use what's up and we would like to ingerate them in the Teams network as well , but they donot need company email Id , they work on contract can we not add them . it will help so much that we will not have to use what's up. also we should be able to make collaborations with different companies on the platform .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Continue meeting audio when iphone is locked

When on a call/meeting, I am dropped when I lock my iPhone. I would like to be able to continue the call/meeting when the phone is locked like in a traditional phone call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Screen share and audio separate.

Screen share and audio separate. If I pick the call on iOS, I should still be able to view/do screen share on Windows 10

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Configure mobile client to NOT answer VoIP calls

Having Teams on my mobile phone and a landline number mapped to Teams, calls to my landline number will be routed to the Teams client - but VoIP is not as stable as 3G, so forwarding the call to my mobile number would be a much better approach.
    My expectation would be that I can configure simultaneous ring on my phone, but not signalling the call via VoIP on my phone. Currentrly, I have collisions with incoming calls and accidentially accepted Teams calls via my instable mobile IP connection.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Edit option in mobile app

Need message edit option in mobile phones

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)