Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow custom notification sounds on mobile

This was listed as "Completed" in "Change mobile notification sound to be unique" request. Yet I have the latest version available from Play for Galaxy S10 and it does not give me that option. I'm able to navigate to Settings - Notifications, however there is no "Sounds" option in there.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. blur background on teams on android

please bring an option to blur our videos on mobile meeting in teams as well....

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Continue meeting audio when iphone is locked

When on a call/meeting, I am dropped when I lock my iPhone. I would like to be able to continue the call/meeting when the phone is locked like in a traditional phone call.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Start meeting recording in iOS mobile app - or fix your online documentation...

The Microsoft Support page "Record a meeting in Teams" clearly states:
    -"You can start, stop, and view meeting recordings in Teams mobile app."

However, in the iPhone app, my users and I don't see that option, so I filed a ticket with Office 365 support (case 19459906). My response from the agent was basically "I also tried it on my iPhone and didn't have the option, but we tested on Android and it's there, so it must not be available on iPhone."

There is no issue with organisational rights re: recording, as for the same meetings, I had no issues…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Split-window support for MS Team on iPad

On iPad the Video windows floats on the text window. This request is to permit popping out the two windows as independent windows, so that iPad split view capability can be used to put the two windows in the each half of the screen, as shown in the picture attached.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Do Not Disturb

Have the ability to enable / disable timed Do Not Disturb like in Outlook for iOS and Android.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

142 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  21 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Hide self view in Teams meetings on iOS

When conducting Teams meeting on iOS devices, you have a limited amount of space. Please add the option of hiding the self view when you are in a meeting even though you have video on.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Authentication Issues on Android - Continually tries to have me login

I'll update this next time I see it happen on my phone... It'll be a bit vague now since the report is all from memory.

When opening the Teams app I am prompted to log back in. If I try to log back in the app will go into a loop of trying to sign on and it'll flash up a bunch of screens that typically go away before I can understand what it says.

If I hit back, it'll often take me to my messages, which may be out of sync because I'm not actually authenticated.

73 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Listen to long voice messages gets interupted when phone lockscreens turns on

When listen on long voice messages they get interupted on the mobile app when the lockscreen turns on for IOS and Android. It would be great to take ownership of the screen and not report it as idle or to continue to play the message when the screenlock gets turned on (same for when you play music)

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Seperate & Pin Group Chats

Can we seperate group chats or pin specific chats. We often post in specific group chats but have to scroll through lots of individual chats

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Start a meeting from mobile.

Start a meeting from mobile.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Call waiting notification for secondary call on Mobile

Currently there is not an option within the app to have an audible notification if a second call is coming in. It will only display a banner which most people who are using there phone will not see.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Backgrounds on tablet

Let background effects on iPad Pro Apple 🍎

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Screen share directly from chat in iPad version

I would like the option to screen share in a chat without starting a voice or video call. I know this is possible on desktop app, but not on an iPad or in web browser.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Would be good to have the option of changing the background effects on a mobile phone the same as a laptop or desktop can.

Would be good to have the option on a mobile phone of changing the background like a laptop can, eg, background effects.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Show 'Join meeting as guest' on sign in screen as first option on mobile app

If a guest (without a Teams account) tries to join a Teams video call using the 'Join Microsoft Teams Meeting' link in the email invitation, and they are joining from a mobile phone or tablet, the invitation link directs them to the App Store or Play Store to download the app, but then leaves them in the dark.
    Most guests will try to either sign in or 'sign up' and both will fail unless they happen to use Teams in their organisation.

A 'Join Meeting As Guest' option should be visible as the first option shown in the 'log in'…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better recording of and listening to voice messages in the mobile app

At the moment the recording of and listening to voice messages in the mobile app (android and iOs) is complicated. You have to hold your phone like your ear was eating it like a toast to listen to them. It would be great, if you could develop a messenger-like recording and listening method for the mobile app (Screen shuts of when you listen, hold record-button for recording with ability to lock it. Just like in other messenger apps like telegram).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When guest need to join the meeting, they can type Chinese name

Teams Android app guest can’t type Chinese name to join meeting

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Mobile App (Android) Needs to Receive ALL Notifications from ALL Orgs/Tenants not only the active one

On Android (don't know about Apple), when in Teams notifications only show/arrive for the "active" Org. When a message is sent to a valid Org (tenant) but it is NOT the active one on the mobile device, those notifications do not show.

For Teams to be effective for users with accounts in multiple organizations/tenants, notifications for any org/tenant must be displayed to the user (this would be critical for consultants as an example).

Please add the ability for the mobil app to notify for any org/tenant/account on the device.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base