Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support for mobile browsers

It makes no sense to me that teams cannot be accessed via the browser on iOS or Android.

I have classes using shared iPads and I can't have them logging into the Teams app.
    The ability to use Chome/ Safari/ Firefox on a mobile device would be extremely useful.

It is actually crazy it's not an option

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Open links in Microsoft Edge

Allow the user to specify the default browser for opening web links such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

335 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  27 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

451 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

101 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add files from IOS and Android devices

Why is it not possible to add files to you file folder in Teams from mobile devices. Seems like a pretty basic feature that is total missing, and makes it hard to work with Teams from mobile devices. Or did i miss some feature for this ? I know it is possible to add attachment in the stream but why not to in the folder(sharepoint) ?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Use the background blur feature on iPhone

Please use the background blur feature on iPhone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. stop prompting me to turn on notifications in the mobile app

I have notifications turned off in the Teams iOS app. However, while I am using the app, it regularly pops up a prompt asking if I want to turn on notifications. I chose not to enable notifications when I set up Teams on my phone, and I still don't want them enabled. I certainly don't want to have to keep reconfirming that decision every time I use the app. Please provide a "don't ask again" option or stop popping the dialog. I know how to use my phone and how to turn on notifications if I want them--I don't like…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. When sharing your content through your mobile. When your screen locks, the unlocking pin is shown to all participants!!!

When sharing your content through your mobile. When your screen locks, the unlocking pin is shown to all participants!!! Please solve ASAP

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Switch the notifications on/off at team-level in Microsoft Teams mobile apps

Teams mobile apps does not allow us to turn the notifications on/off at team-level, although we can set them at user-level. It would be great that we could set notification at team-level.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit wiki content on mobile device

It would be great if you could allow the wiki to be edited on your mobile device. You can not make edits or changes via the mobile currently.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. meet now mobile

Please allow the ability to "Meet Now" on mobile. Desktop version on PC has that capability, but Android and iOS apps do not.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Screen share and audio separate.

Screen share and audio separate. If I pick the call on iOS, I should still be able to view/do screen share on Windows 10

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Silence ringing of calls on mobile (volume down button, etc)

When I receive an incoming call, the Teams mobile client (Android in my case) doesn't behave like a regular incoming call. I can't easily silence the ringing with a quick tap of the volume down button. Either I have to hang-up or answer.

Given that the Teams mobile client doesn't respect the device's Do Not Disturb policy (https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38035759-calls-ring-through-while-do-not-disturb), this is problematic. I get unsolicited SPAM calls at all hours, including during events and meetings. I try to be a good citizen and silence my device, but inevitably Teams starts ringing... Very embarrassing and frustrating.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Permettre la synchronisation des contacts avec les téléphones

Permettre de synchroniser mes contacts Teams dans l'application Contact de mon téléphone ( Android et I-Phone), Afin de pouvoir hors couverture 3g en extérieur, accéder au numéros Teams de mes collaborateurs.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow adding files to SharePoint on Android

At the moment the only way to add files to SharePoint is using the SharePoint or OneDrive app

It would be good and a lot more user friendly to integrate it directly I to teams (like on desktop)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification when signed out in app

I get periodically signed out of the teams app for whatever reason (idea #1 is to stop that), but I have no clue that it happened until I go back into the app and see that I'm not logged in and have missed a bunch. I'd like to get a notification that I'm being logged out so that I can reauthenticate right away and not miss anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When I receive a notification in mobile android, the reply and like buttons are reversed from other chat applications

When I receive a notification on my Android, I can pull down the message without having to open the app. This is great! Although, I often mistakenly push the 'Like' button because it is in the same location as the 'Reply' button for multiple other chat/messaging applications like Facebook and Google Messaging.

My recommendation is to switch the location of the 'Like' and 'Reply' buttons for mobile to align with other applications. In addition, I would prefer the notification to not disappear after 'Liking' a message and still allow me to post a reply.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Security please for iOS!!

Please add Touch ID security support for Teams!

The Outlook and OneDrive apps on iOS has Touch ID option in the settings to open the app, but Teams app doesn't.
    I find it quite odd that Teams doesn't give me the same option.

This idea has been around for two years, but the feedback still hasn't been reflected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base