Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Screen share and audio separate.

Screen share and audio separate. If I pick the call on iOS, I should still be able to view/do screen share on Windows 10

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams on Android should use the android audio settings

When using Teams for meetings or calls on Android I'm always presented with this obnoxious dialog asking me to select my audio devices.

I'm connected to Bluetooth almost 100% of the time and yet for some reason Bluetooth is almost never an option.

When I have a USB-C headset plugged in that already works for voice/audio, for some reason Teams rarely detects it.

This makes the app largely useless for meetings when I'm remote, in an airport, in a car or train, etc...

Please default to the current android audio settings.

If the phone is already playing audio through an…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Edit wiki content on mobile device

It would be great if you could allow the wiki to be edited on your mobile device. You can not make edits or changes via the mobile currently.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
    It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. customize mobile notifications

Ability to customize and differentiate mobile notifications from desktop notifications.

For instance, only receive mobile notifications for chat and mentions while receiving notifications for followed groups, mentions, chats, channel tags, etc. on desktop.

54 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Opening office apps (like planner) inside the teams app, similar to the desktop app.

Similar to the desktop app, tabbed apps should open inside the mobile app instead of the browser.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. WTF Microsoft?!?! No Bluetooth audio support for mobile Teams apps?! Which century are you in?

Are you effin kidding me?!

YOU DO NOT MAKE A MOBILE COMMUNICATION APP WITHOUT BLUETOOTH SUPPORT. PERIOD.

This is the most ridiculously stupid thing I've ever encountered in any MS product!

I was championing my company to adopt Teams and because of this utter stupidity I am now missing an important meeting, and I am seriously considering to reverse everything and roll back our previous ways of communication.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Do not leave meeting when locking phone screen

The teams iphone app leaves the current meeting if you try to lock the phone screen. This is ridiculous..you should be able to lock your screen without leaving the meeting. Most of my meetings are audio only so I do not need my screen on with the app open draining my battery.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make it so we can highlight and copy phone number

Often times I'm asked for my phone number , which I haven't memorized, if like to have the ability to navigate to the phone section and copy my number .

Teams app for Android

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Support for mobile browsers

It makes no sense to me that teams cannot be accessed via the browser on iOS or Android.

I have classes using shared iPads and I can't have them logging into the Teams app.
    The ability to use Chome/ Safari/ Firefox on a mobile device would be extremely useful.

It is actually crazy it's not an option

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Don't show unread notification count during Quiet Hours

On mobile, I don't want to see that I have unread Teams notifications during quiet hours. Teams shows this information on my home screen via the app badge (the little red circle that appears on the app icon.) During quiet hours, it would be great if this was not shown.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mobile App - Make calls over phone carrier instead of data

We have users in rural areas and calls going to team should go to the mobile carrier instead. For example, I want to call a user with my cell phone through teams. I click the phone icon. I want either the end user to manage this setting or as the caller I want a prompt that says "Call via teams or via mobile carrier". If I pick mobile carrier, it places the call mobile to mobile outside of teams. Call quality has been an issue while the user is driving in the country. Give me an option to use mobile…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. voice to text

be able to use voice to reply to a message and have it come out as text on the mobile app. when i try to use voice it only gives me the option to send a voice message not voice to text

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Add + sign to add Tabs to Mobile App Chats and view existing Tabs in Chats

Add + sign to add Tabs to Mobile App Chats and view existing Tabs in Chats

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Name of Call Queue is not shown iOS mobile app if the phone number is found in contacts

When a call for a call queue is presented on iOS mobile app, the queue name is not shown if the phone number is in your contacts

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Member schedules or Shift

I want to look other members schedules or shift from mobile.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. View of meetings in Teams app

The meeting schedules does not show beyond one week in Microsoft Teams mobile apps. I would like to see the schedules more than one week.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Light Background for Wiki in Dark Mode

When using mobile devices in Darkness Mode, the wiki tab is not legible. Perhaps adding a lighter background could help.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. I want to see who's on the call from my phone

If someone is presenting their screen, I can't see the list of people who are joined to a call on my phone. Or the button is undiscoverable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.