Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Teams Mobile - Sync & Search Outlook Contacts and Shared Contacts

Teams Mobile does not show any contacts created in Outlook, or shared contacts from shared Outlook mailboxes. Please allow Teams Mobile to sync with those contacts so employees don't have to waste time re-creating and maintaining the SAME CONTACTS they already create on the Teams Desktop app. It's crazy in 2019 that our employees have to re-type phone numbers (or re-create each individual contact) to call our clients from the Teams Mobile app.

We are a very small company with lots of clients. Being able to search only fellow employees in Teams Mobile and not our client contact lists provides…

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Stop Mobile Teams Meetings from Being Interrupted by Mobile Phone Calls

When in a Teams meeting on Mobile Teams and we receive a mobile phone call to the mobile phone line, we are completely disconnected from the meeting. The mobile phone line call should only be shown as a toast and soft ring in the background instead of completely disconnecting us from the meeting (quite like getting a second call while on your mobile phone - your current call doesn't disconnect but you hear a soft ring in the background and have the option to reject or accept the call).

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Option in mobile app to disable media auto-download

Kaizala, WhatsApp and other mobile chat applications provide an option to disable media (pictures, video) auto-download when on cellular data (not WiFi). Please add this option to teams so users can control data usage in media intensive use cases.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. iOS Apps cannot clear account information that has been signed in

Microsoft Teams iOS application is caching account information that has been signed in.
    I cannot clear the cached account information.

I tried the following things, but cannot clear.
    - Teams App uninstall/re-install
    - Clear app data...[Settings(iOS)]-[Teams]-[Clear app data]
    - [Remove Account] in Atuhenticator
    - Delete [Settings]-[Passwords & Accounts]-[Website & App Passwords]
    - Safari [Clear History and Website Data]

25 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please extend the Teams Mobile App to work with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay

I'm often on the road and my company relies heavily on online meetings :-) So, we are starting to leverage Teams meetings more and more, so when I'm in my car I need an easy way to join meetings and maybe also read messages. While this is way easier now, than it was in SfB Mobile (thanks!) it would be awesome to have an Android Auto / Apple CarPlay Extension to have a somewhat easier and "nearly hands-free" user experience. This would make me much more productive, even if I'm traveling :-)

752 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Translation on smartphone

On the desktop we have translation but not on mobile. Please can this be added as a function ?

116 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. iOS 13 dark mode linked to system setting

The best part of OS 13’s dark mode is it can switch dynamically and on a schedule. Outlook of iOS’s dark mode is great but there needs to be an option to link it to the system’s setting.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix Drive Mode in CarPlay in iOS 13

Teams call controls are no longer available in CarPlay with iOS 13 release.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Android Auto - App version for Teams

Would be nice if there is Android Auto version for Teams. Spend time in car with connected display and having Teams for meetings in the go would be awesome.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create new Tab from mobile app in channels

Allow the feature to create new tab from mobile application as on desktop application to provide the same user experience whatever the device is

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Driving Audio Mode

The Teams mobile client needs a Driving Audio Mode. In this mode, the screen sharing and video goes off. The audio controls stay on screen and the mute button is nice and large and easy to hit. With it currently, when I'm driving, I often have to go on and off mute and so I'm having to tap the screen to get the controls to show up, then tap in a very small spot quickly before the controls disappear. This makes me take my concentration off the road too much.

90 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bluetooth capability on Android app

Android app does not have Bluetooth capability. Please add this asap.

48 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone – the engineering team continues to investigate Bluetooth issues on Android. It would be super helpful to get details from folks encountering issues. If you’re willing we’d love to have you send us information by choosing “Report an Issue” from Settings in the Teams app. Any details you can include are appreciated as well.

Thank you,

Alex & the Teams team

14. View Pinned Chats in mobile app

Showing pinned chats t the top of the Recent Chat list works great in the desktop app. It is especially nice for pinning named group chats. But this functionality doesn't appear in the mobile app. Users should also be able to view pinned chat groups in the mobile app.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on the backlog  ·  2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make quiet hours block incoming calls

Please, add an option for the Quiet hours to block all phone calls in Teams. Why are there Quiet hours, if it still rings?

Or enable the Busy Status to be time-bound, which should do the same job.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Disable to view message contents on Teams for Android when locking the screen

If you lock the screen on Teams for Android, the message content will be shown when notification is coming in, but we want to hide them due to a security reason.
    So, we would like you to implement a feature that can hide the message contents while viewing Teams notifications.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to disable voice calls on mobile app

Now that we have moved voice from Skype for Business to Teams, and since I am part of a response group; I need a way how to disable voice calls on the mobile app. When I receive call to the response group, my mobile phone also rings. If I ma using my computer there is no need for my mobile phone to ring.
    We use Teams mobile to always be in the loop regarding company matters, It would be nice to have a feature to disable all incoming calls on the mobile app.

345 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  46 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Open links in Microsoft Edge

Allow the user to specify the default browser for opening web links such as Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Share live location

I really like the location feature in 2016 Business Skype. It know when I move between my two facilities at work and it also remembers my home location. This should be a feature in Microsoft Teams.

Dale

290 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  24 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Enable editing of Wiki pages in the Teams Mobile App

Currently Wiki pages are read only in the Mobile App. Please make them read/write so we can make a quick change to a Wiki page while on the go. Thanks :-)

417 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 36 37
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.