Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow us to select edge as default browser to open link in edge mobile

As for Outlook Mobile I would like to be able to select Edge as the default link opener this way I get an SSO to corporate ressources

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Androïd Auto

Compatibilité with Android Auto.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sync people into phone contacts

I like to have my address book auto updated with contact information for my colleagues.

Picture, home and mobile numbers should all be synced into a contact card.

Filter-wise, selecting an Office 365 group or Team would only sync the relevant people.

Skype for business mobile currently does this.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow sharing sound from mobile app. It would be very beneficial in teaching purpose

While using teams mobile app, We use screen sharing but the sound of the content we share is not audible to the participants in the meeting.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5. voice to text

be able to use voice to reply to a message and have it come out as text on the mobile app. when i try to use voice it only gives me the option to send a voice message not voice to text

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Ringtone volume and vibration on Android

On Android at least, the ringtone for an incoming Teams call is frequently not loud enough to be heard out of a pocket, even if system volume is at 100%.

Please make it possible to adjust the ringtone volume and provide a ringtone with an upper volume bound that is similar to common phone ringtones.
    In addition, enabling vibration for incoming calls would make these calls more noticeable if the phone is inside my pocket while I'm working.

27 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリの通知について。
    Allow us to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not

■Description(内容):
    現在、Microsoft Teams のモバイルアプリを利用しております。アプリ起動時については通知がされますが、アプリのタスクを終了し、しばらく時間をおいた状態だと通知が届かず非常に不便しております。ビジネスで利用するものであるため、通知がないことで反応が遅れると非常にインパクトも大きいものとなります。
    非アクティブ時、アクティブ時、関係なく通知が正常に行われるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    When Microsoft Teams mobile apps is active, the notification email is sent, but if it’s not active a while, the notification is not sent. This behavior is very inconvenient and might be a big business impact as I missed the notification.

I would like to receive the notification from Teams regardless the app is active or not.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add SiriKit support to the iOS app

Adding support for the SiriKit VoIP Calling and Messaging Intents will allow us to make calls and send/receive messages using Siri. This also enables CarPlay support.

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. MS Teams Document Links via email cannot be opened in mobile devices

I have a document added in Files tab of my MS team and I get a link for that document and share that link with other user via email. When that user tries to open that link via email in a mobile device, it gives an alert message saying that "Link not supported. You can't open this link on mobile app. Please open it on the desktop or web app".

So to summarize, i cannot open document links sent in an email from my mobile devices

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Fix Drive Mode in CarPlay in iOS 13

Teams call controls are no longer available in CarPlay with iOS 13 release.

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. App is slow to update

Mobile app often has outdated information, slow to sync or doesn't sync at all

25 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. We need remote control access to work with iPads.

Students who use iPads are not able to access remote control access, which significantly limits accessibility to lessons and materials during educational meetings. Zoom has this feature already!!!!

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Upload files in bulk from Teams mobile app

I would like to upload some photos in bulk from Teams mobile app (Android, ver. 1416/1.0.0.2019042206), however, it seems that there is no such function.

• From "Chat" Tabs, I can attach the file, however, cannot select multiple files at once. Also cannot select specific location to upload.

• From "File" Tabs, the file cannot be uploaded.

I am glad if you consider to add this function.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add optical character recognition to photographing documents and business cards.

The Teams mobile app on iOS and Android has settings for photographing documents and business cards, and attaching those to a conversation. This is a pretty neat feature, but let's bring it to the next level. It would be pretty cool if it could also optionally convert these same documents into PDFs, and convert business cards into contacts in Teams.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Merge Microsoft Kaizala to Teams

You have a new app named MIcrosoft Kaizala which is available in select countries which has a great mobile platform. can you please just merge that app with Teams to avoid redundancy and confusion.

24 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Opening office apps (like planner) inside the teams app, similar to the desktop app.

Similar to the desktop app, tabbed apps should open inside the mobile app instead of the browser.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Block PSTN callers

I get many spam calls from PSTN and it would be helpful if I could block them.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Qr Code

Join Teams via QR Code

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Create, edit and delete channels in mobile app

Please make it possible to create, edit and delete channels in the mobile apps.

23 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Teams on app NOT able to upload multiple files/pictures into folders.

Yes, Alex posted last week (17.Jun.20 - Upload files into directly into folders in Teams on iOS app) that new mobile iOS version allows to upload multiple files/pictures into Teams.

But it's not able to upload multiple files/pictures directly into folders, only for chats/channels. Not for iOS, not for Android either.

We have a client (an Architect firm) which can take more than 150 pictures per field visit. They have all their clients as individual folders and need to able to upload those pictures into one specific folder within one operation, not one by one.

We tested current version 2.0.13…

22 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base