Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more
The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.   

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Feature to select multiple pictures to post them by using Teams iOS/Android apps

I would request a feature that allows us to select multiple pictures from the photo library to post them using with iOS and Android apps. For Teams iOS app, I can click picture icon to select multiple pictures and post them. However, I cannot use this function from the photo library with Teams iOS app.

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

10 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mobile Outlook app appointment needs Teams option

The Outlook app has the option to create an appointment as a Skype For Business meeting. Unfortunately there is no option to create an appointment as Teams meeting. This is needed heavily as a Teams Only user. Please get in touch with the mobile Outlook app team to overcome this missing feature.
    Thank you very much!

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Test audio in Teams Mobile

Teams Mobile needs the ability to test audio before joining a meeting or call, just like the desktop version.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set Teams mobile client as default dialler on my phone

I'd like to be able to use the Teams client as the default dialler on my Android phone. It means I have one way of calling people and it will use POTS to call the user if they're not on Teams, or Teams Voice to call them if they are on Teams.

39 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. iOS CallKit integration with Contacts and Siri

In iOS, users have the ability to initiate calls from the native Contacts app or Siri, through Skype for Business. Teams should have the same functionality.

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Change active calls or presentations from Desktop-App to Mobile-App

Will it be posibble to change an active call within Teams from the Desktop-App to the Mobile-App or the other way around?

It could bring more flexibility and maybe comfort.
    If I am late for a meeting and already on the way to my desk I could join via mobile and switch over to my desktop when I arrive.

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Share live location

On 2019-01-09 location sharing was delivered https://venturebeat.com/2019/01/09/microsoft-teams-location-sharing-smart-camera-audio-messages/

However (apparently - I haven't tried it yet) this only allows someone to share their current location. i.e. Their location at the time that it is shared.
    It doesn't support live location tracking whereby I can share my updated location for a set period of time. To me that it hugely more useful just sharing current location. On whatsapp I just 'share live location" almost every day, I never use "share current location".

I shall restate a scenario that I originally posted here: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/16926214-add-location-function

When I'm using the mobile app I want to…

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Choice of browser with iPad Teams app

We don't have the option to choose between an online browser version or the app (worth limited functionality). But once in the app, we don't have a choice of browser... It's Apple's Safari...
    Well, I would like to have the option to choose which browser to start for example when i click on a Tab. More and more iOS 11 apps give you this options in the settings menu

36 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Continue meeting audio when iphone is locked

When on a call/meeting, I am dropped when I lock my iPhone. I would like to be able to continue the call/meeting when the phone is locked like in a traditional phone call.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

11 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Allow the Mobile Clients to share links to Teams OneDrive documents

if I am on my mobile device I should be able to post or respond to an conversation and include in my message a link to a document in the Teams OneDrive. Currently the mobile clients ask my to download the document to my device and then attach it to the message making a copy of the document. That destroys the "One Version of the Truth" aspect of OneDrive and seems like the proverbial "Bad Idea." We should be able to browse the Team OneDrive a well as our individual OneDrive libraries and share the document as a link.

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Touch ID security please for iOS

Please add Touch ID security support for Teams!

35 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Hosting a live event from the Teams mobile app

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams モバイル アプリからライブ イベントの発表を行う機能
    Hosting a live event from the Teams mobile app

■Description(内容):
    現在の Microsoft Teams モバイル アプリではライブ イベントの発表者およびプロデューサーとして配信することができないため、機能を拡充してモバイル アプリからも発表などを行えるようにしてほしい

Currently it is not possible to send out a live event as an announcer or producer from the Teams mobile app, so please make this possible.

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Utilize Samsung Dex on Galaxy S8 and Note 8

Many Microsoft applications are optimized for use on the Samsung Dex dock whereas Teams is not.

Would it be possible to add this functionality?

34 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Support android chrome

Since real multi-user functionality got cancelled I want to at least open a second teams beside the app in my android chrome. Unfortunately android chrome is not supported at the moment.

"Hmm. Your browser version isn't supported. Quickest solution? Download the mobile app."

Would be a nice workaround until maybe some day multi-user functionality will be available.

BR

33 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Use Play/Pause button on bluetooth headset to toggle mute

For headsets that has a play/pause button, allow the user to mute and unmute their microphone in the app without having to unlock the phone or switch to the app

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Invite external participants when creating Team Meeting in mobile app

At the moment we can only invite people in the GAL when creating a Teams Meeting in the mobile app (iPhone and iPad). Our contacts aren't visible and we can't invite an external participant by entering their email address. This is a major problem as it prevents is using Teams and Conferencing as our universal tele, video and Web Conferencing platform. It works fine in the desktop app, but not in the mobile one.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open PowerBI App in Android like in iOS

Hi,
    we've tested a tab PowerBI with both iPhones and Android (Samsung). With iPhone the report is opened correctly with the app installed, while this doesn't happen on Android.
    Since in our organization we have mixed devices, we should be able to provide a common UX.
    Best regards

Daniele

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  Warren responded

This feature request has been accepted by the feature team and is actively being worked upon!

-Warren

18. Outlook mail (*.msg) should be doable to open from Teams iPhone mobile application. Currently *.msg is recognized as just "data"

Outlook mail (.msg) should be doable to open from Teams iPhone mobile application. Currently .msg is recognized as just "data"

29 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Consult and Transfer Calls From iOS App

Make transferring of calls from Teams iOS app easier. We use corporate iOS devices and at the moment, the transfer a call the method is really convoluted and complex for the users.

When they want to consult and transfer a call internally, they have to press the three dots, go to consult and transfer, search for the user, by default it wants to send them a Teams message not consult on the phone, and they have to know to press the call button by the users name to consult with them on the phone, to speak to the person who…

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Contacts for Teams app for iOS

Add a feature that can add/delete contacts under Chat > Contacts in Teams app for iOS like desktop Teams client.

Also, I would like Speed Dial to be shown in Call menu for Teams app for iOS.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base