Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Microsoft Teams Room system default volume setting

Hello

We need the ability to set default volume level in settings of MTR.

In some rooms where MTR is used with external audio equipment, the default level of 50% is too loud and needs to be lower.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. do not disturb for 10 minutes, 20 minutes, 1 hr, 4 hrs, etc.

simply stated above, would be in combination to being able to schedule Do not disturb which is a request that is already on here.....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Indicate call subject on toast popup

I'm developing a bot for teams which is able to initiate calls to users, and it would be beneficial if a user could see at a glance what the call was about. They could then pick up or ignore the call.

There appears to be a "subject" field on the call object, but this isn't shown anywhere (as far as I can tell).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. I need either multiple chat windows to the same person for different topics or the ability to Reply inline in DM

Sometimes I need to discuss a few topics at once with someone, or they overlap to a degree, or a topic may need to be discussed later.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Make planner task sort filters sticky

Task sort filters in Planner should be sticky. If I access a Planner and change the sort filter, that sort filter should be selected if I exit the planner, then return to it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Planner main page link in task

When opening a planner task, there should be a link to the planner in it. So, if I'm working in the Teams "More Apps" --> "My Planner" view and have a task open, I could click a link in the task that would open the Planner the task resides in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Scrap it and return to Skype for Business

Teams does not seem to allow you to collaborate with anyone outside your org. I cannot add outside contacts or teams. This has totally messed up my business. What was the reason for tying our hands and releasing this mess?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Feature to be added ie allowing teams members to watch webinar together hosted by a third party

Hi

Suggested to add a feature to allow teams members to watch third party websites webinars, or other material together via teams app.

for example, we are member of large network which host webinars for member firms. so if want all teams members to watch that webinar for which i alone have registered, if that becomes possible Teams will definitely add value .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide meeting reminders within teams

It would be great if within Teams we could get meeting reminders

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Microsoft Teams is a huge step backwards from Skype for Business.

Teams to all the options off the table. You can't easily tell it whether to ring on your headset or ring over your speakers. The calls come through as if someone is calling be direct, the they are actually calling a group. You can't easily add to a group that you had in Skype for Business (i.e. new employee can't receive all office calls), The contact list is better than Skype for Business, but it's so confusing that we don't know what list to enter a new number and once you do, the changes may or may not show up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Restriction Flex API functionality - Request

API functionality that we would like to have added

Start Stop Content
    Call Status
    Call Information
    Participant information
    Being able to lock the UI and not have it flip back after 60 second
    Remove the boarder for the Crestron control page.
    Booking information / meeting information.

VTP Smart Graphics Extender support

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Make the Asana & Teams Integration Better

Aside from being able to see the Asana project tasks in Channel tab, the integration between Asana and Teams is pretty useless.

It would be great if you can create tasks and sort through tasks in Teams. It would also be great to sync comments made in Asana to Teams..i.e., if someone commented in Asana, the comment would appear on the conversation tab of the Teams channel. That way people don't have to switch back and forth between Asana and Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bot/Webhook card - is it possible to disable replies and/or get replies?

We would like to post external content from our SASS service into Teams channels via either webhooks or bots.

Our content has its own built-in reply system and we'd like to keep all the replies in sync.

Is it possible to disable the "Reply" button or get webhook feedback when new replies are added to a card we publish inside of a teams channel?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Shifts

When you ask for holiday/wacation 1 or more shift bout, every shift moves to open shifts but does not open to others untill it is opproved by boss.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.