Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add create Tab to API

Please add the CREATE TAB function to the API so we can create tabs programmatically.

104 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. down vote

Ability to down vote suggestions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Connector cards HttpPost to Microsoft Flow

Currently if an incoming webhook creates a card which contains httpPost actions those actions work just fine except for Microsoft Flow HTTP Request URLs.

Please see this SO question for more details
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46288116/http-post-from-card-in-microsoft-teams

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Developer API that provides Channel Details (Channel Email)

API that provides channel information so that you can easily integrate posting emails to the Channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add support for more UI languages - Would love to see Hebrew support.

Add support for more UI languages - Would love to see Hebrew support as we're using Microsoft Teams in schools where English isn't the primary language.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Batch Mode for Microsoft Graph with Class Wrapper

Can you do a wrapper for the batch mode features? I have a C# console app and want to put in a list all the events to delete and all the events to add. I can't follow how to do it manually in batch mode. I also understand that batch features are very much in the beta stage?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Most of our teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permiss

Most of our proposal teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permissions from Parent Microsoft teams created.

Is this something possible in near future? Also when will the metrics be available for Microsoft teams?

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. The difference between "Chat" and "Conversation" is unclear to a new user.

Rename the "chat" icon on the left to "private chat" and "Conversation" tab to "team chat." My team members are hesitant to use either one, because it is not clear to them who can see their conversations. Maybe also allow the developer to name the Conversation tab with their specific team name. For example, my team would be "Mid-Atlantic Team Chat." That way it is clear what team they are conversing with, especially when they are part of a large number of teams.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Let me access individual messages and threads via connector API

For multi-langauge teams I need the possibility to translate a individual message or a thread from one language to another by accessing them via connection or bot API. So I need to code a 'translate' button that takes the massage, sends it to another service (like Bing Translator), gies back the (translated) result ald lets me display this translated message in the Teams app.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. When someone shares a file and you click on the 3 dots with message, the open online option is not properly aligned with rest of of options.

When someone shares a file and you click on the 3 dots with message, the open online option is not properly aligned with rest of of options.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Delete default OneNote section

Need the ability to delete the default OneNote section. currently when deleting or renaming it OneNote becomes unusable in Teams

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Please add this feature to Windows: right clicking on a file and copying the link to that file.

Just need an easier way to getting the link to a certain file in Windows. I'm thinking maybe you can add "Copy link" once you right click a file.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Teams content not removed when license is unassigned.

I would like to see a feature of Microsoft Teams that when a user license is accidentally removed, the content associated with the Team site will NOT be removed.
    Case # 617081594352634

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Surface for Developer

What do you think about a Surface specially for Visual Studio Developers?
    With large touch display and high resolution. At least 17 inches. Screen and keyboard are separable. Additional screens (tablets) can be used as additional screens.
    Keyboard variants: Touch keyboard like the keyboard from first Surface or a special keyboard based on a tablet.
    Visual Studio logo on the back of the tablet. On top of the keyboard is a separate touch display (horizontal). There you can see the login information including the profile picture of the user. Hotkeys etc …
    Preinstalled Windows, together with Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise. …

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. .NET Standard nuget package

I'd love to see a .NET Standard library to use the API hassle-free in .NET Core.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow to post a reply to a conversation via REST

Currently it is quite easy to start a conversation via the webhook of a channel.

It would be great if the POST of this webhook would return an conversation id. This id could then be used in a subsequent request to reply to the initial conversation.

193 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  13 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create one client for both Yammer, Teams, Skype and Skype for business

In our company we are using skype for business, teams, yammer as well as other communication tools. I would love to see one client where I can monitor and participate in all different channels. I have seen 3'd party tools for this that support slack, Skype, instagram and others.

Having a client that brought all the different communication channels together for the O365 would be great. I think it could be done without taking away each channels advantage. I have seen that Yammer for example evaluates using skype for chat instead of yammer chat. Each service has it own set…

36 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Editing a comment - cannot hit ENTER to skip to the next line.

When writing a new comment, I am able to use ENTER to skip to the next line. However, when I edit the same comment, I cannot use ENTER to skip to the next line. Please fix.

144 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

41 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Full API to write/receive messages so we can create new clients or integrate it into other tools

Slack has a full API, so people can write their own client apps or integrate Slack messaging into existing apps. Would be great to have something similar. Especially combined with giving external users access to Teams.

44 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Make connector cards searchable

Contents of cards created via connectors do not currently show up in search.

80 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.