Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Support non Https:// links

Wish to integrate Youtrack to teams, since it's not on an HTTPS , couldn't do it

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. vs code integration

Integration with VS Code would be a huge help! Being able to send code snippets directly from VS Code into Teams, and being able to have Teams discussion appear in VS Code so you can chat and edit in real time.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. maps

Would like to see "mapps" so you can work with more then one dokument at a time

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Summary of Points in "Tasks" - Teams

I use Teams in school with my classes. I appriciate the tool "Tasks" very much for correcting students work. I would very badly need the function to do a summary of the tasks so students can see how correct their work was.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Support for passing basic profile info in Connector actions

Currently actionable messages inserted by a Connector have no clear method of identifying the user that clicked an Action.

Providing some basic profile information such as userPrincipalName would allow the back-end service to connect the dots between an Action and the User executing that action.

If PII is a concern, providing the the user's ID might reduce the risk observers from capturing the user's identity while still allow services with proper authorization to obtain the userPrincipalName from Microsoft Graph.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Table of Acronymns

On Microsft Word, create an interface that allows your to enter into a table of acronyms. When they are first used in the document, they are displayed like this:

The use of Three Letter Acronyms (TLA) has always.....

All subsequent times:

The use of TLAs has always.....

There would then be a feature to add a Table of Acronyms at the front of the document, which updates every time the document is refreshed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Limit on sizing the app box

PLEASE LET US MAKE THE APP BOX AS SMALL AS WE WANT. Don't limit the sizing. Highly annoying. Tell this to the Skype people too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Put a conversation box at the end of each conversation instead of a reply.

Title says it all. Users are not using the app properly and conversations are fragmented.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Developer Preview Option Removed

The Developer Preview option that used to exist under Version is now gone. Because of bugs in recent releases, I turned off Dev Preview and can't get it back on. I have never noticed any difference with Dev Preview on so maybe there is no value, but I am one of the leaders at my company pushing for adoption of Teams, so I'd like to be closer to the "inner circles" rather than farther away, if possible.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. @channel notification does not work from Microsoft Flow integration

When you type "@channel" into Teams, it replaces your text with an object that represents the channel.

Unfortunately, when using "@channel" through the Microsoft Flow Post Message, it just leaves the text "@channel" and doesn't notify members of the channel.

Slack has a similar feature but leaves your text as text, and triggers off of that. I believe this should work similarly. @channel or other notifications should trigger regardless of source.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. More granular Graph API permissions

Currently the functions that I would like to leverage in teams for integration scenarios are secured using Graph API permissions that require administrator approval due to their power.
    e.g. Delegated Group.ReadWrite.All is required in order for a new conversation thread to be started.
    Is this being addressed as part of the overall developer api update?

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add create Tab to API

Please add the CREATE TAB function to the API so we can create tabs programmatically.

102 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. down vote

Ability to down vote suggestions

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Connector cards HttpPost to Microsoft Flow

Currently if an incoming webhook creates a card which contains httpPost actions those actions work just fine except for Microsoft Flow HTTP Request URLs.

Please see this SO question for more details
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/46288116/http-post-from-card-in-microsoft-teams

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Developer API that provides Channel Details (Channel Email)

API that provides channel information so that you can easily integrate posting emails to the Channel

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add support for more UI languages - Would love to see Hebrew support.

Add support for more UI languages - Would love to see Hebrew support as we're using Microsoft Teams in schools where English isn't the primary language.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Batch Mode for Microsoft Graph with Class Wrapper

Can you do a wrapper for the batch mode features? I have a C# console app and want to put in a list all the events to delete and all the events to add. I can't follow how to do it manually in batch mode. I also understand that batch features are very much in the beta stage?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Most of our teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permiss

Most of our proposal teams have come back with a feedback that, they need to have separate access to Channels and not inherit parent permissions from Parent Microsoft teams created.

Is this something possible in near future? Also when will the metrics be available for Microsoft teams?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. The difference between "Chat" and "Conversation" is unclear to a new user.

Rename the "chat" icon on the left to "private chat" and "Conversation" tab to "team chat." My team members are hesitant to use either one, because it is not clear to them who can see their conversations. Maybe also allow the developer to name the Conversation tab with their specific team name. For example, my team would be "Mid-Atlantic Team Chat." That way it is clear what team they are conversing with, especially when they are part of a large number of teams.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.