Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Option for Line Numbers

Would like to have the option to turn on line numbers to make collaboration on code segments easier like in Slack

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Move edit option out of submenu to make it faster to edit chats.

Edit should be available without going into more options menu. This is a common action that should be available on the top menu.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get all favorite teams using microsoft graph api

I was trying to integrate teams with our intranet portal but could not get api to get all the favorite teams for a user. Please guide if it is already available or take this up to expose a graph api with this data.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Write Teams in C++ with Win32 and no COM

Write Teams in C++ with Win32 and no COM so it can be like Word but light as the Calculator.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Adding Pop ups for new message

If a new post is added in a group i believe we should get a pop up box like in outlook so that we can immediately click on the pop up message and read post. This pop up should come at Bottom/Top Left Corner

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. bring back pinned folders and the Recent files (as in 2010). It is completely gone in 2016 which is killing productivity

Pinned files and folders/recent files list (aka Office 2010)

In 2010 (and in 2013 from what I can tell from searching online), it was possible to pin both files and folders, and to quickly and easily open a list of pinned items. This is GONE in 2016. Please bring it back. I've read lots of complaints online that it is gone.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Voting application in Teams

We have started using Microsoft Teams recently in our corporate environment - already love it and believe in its great potential to be the One for all eventually.
    What we are missing in Teams - ability to vote and e.g. select one option from many by majority votes.
    And surprisingly there is not a feedback form so I need to come here to submit feedback/ideas/etc and someone might be lazy to go so far.
    Anyway thanks for the great product!

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. The fact that we are not able to work together in Skype for Business AND Teams is ****. In our company this is a really big problem

It would be a good Idea to speed up the work with making Teams and Skype for Business "work together" ??

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

Intelligrated (over 3,000 employees) is moving from Slack to Microsoft Teams. Please add custom emoji support and allow resizing of columns!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Mark read/unread messages - when they have been seem by the interlocutor - similar ți whatsapp or fcbk medsanger

Mark read/unread messages - when they have been seem by the interlocutor - similar to whatsapp or fcbk messanger

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Create a Microsoft Teams app project template for Visual Studio 2017

Same kind of template as Office add-ins (SharePoint, Word, Outlokk, ...) but for Microsoft Teams apps with support for bots, tabs, connectors, ...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. DO NOT DISTURB- DOESN'T WORK

Make the "Do Not Disturb" actually not disturb! I hate that I still receive notifications on my PC as well as on my phone when in DND. It doesn't even send a message to people that this person is unavailable so they can't send you a message.

79 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Voting when not registered here is very hard

wow, they require us to agree to the terms and conditions, but it's not a checkbox, just a label!

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Test Mock Library or Recommended way to e2e test a Teams app.

End to End/Integration testing is a bit of a pain with automated testing tools:
    a developer has to deal with authentication into Teams, clicking the correct team/channel,
    finding the proper iFrame for your app, and then dealing with authentication within Teams.

Much of this is ends up testing Microsoft Teams itself rather than a developer's specific application.

To try to mitigate this problem, I've been creating larger and larger mocks of the Teams
    js library so I can test the app outside of Teams' environment. This way, I can have Teams' context return data
    I need, simulate theme changes, etc...…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. have the sharing screen, call control, and chat able to be open at the same time

have the sharing screen, call control, and chat able to be open at the same time

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Please remove ALL whitespace or provide a setting to do so.

Please remove ALL whitespace or at least make it a setting to that allows it to be removed. The amount of white space makes Teams very difficult to read quickly. We have a professional environment and many chats running. Reading speed is important. I downloaded my Teams version this morning and the whitespace remains.

For example below only 4 of the 9 lines contain information. The full line for Reply contains no information and is effectively white space. Reply could be combined on the same line as the person's name.

Example:
    [whitespace]
    Cool Kiddeveloper 3/28 8:27am
    hey everyone!
    Reply [effectively…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. API

According your release notes, future Teams API versions will add support for reading existing chat threads in a channel. Wondering about the expected timing of those API features? I'd like to explore ways to trend the number of conversations Teams are engaging in.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Increase the speed of the app

Sending photos, videos or files should be faster... like other messenger app. It takes almost 1 min to add, click on the size you want, download, and send. Please help to improve this.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Record calls

Hi, Can you add a feature to record the calls like we have it on Skype for Business. Thanks

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Improve API to navigate to team, tab, ...

We are building a custom application in Teams.

An end user opens up our application and:
    - We offer the user to navigate to a team by building up the link (similar to 'Get link to team')
    - When an end user clicks that link the browser opens up and asks if the link should be opened in the browser in the client application (see attachment)

It does not make sense to open up the link in the browser as we already have the client opened up.
    The end user should to end up in the Team general channel the…

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.