Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

I don't like the forum type layout. Wish this had more of a groupme feel to it. Like have a war room group, an IT group, a tips group, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Group/private chats management API

It would be better to have API for create, delete, add/delete members, etc. for chats.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. BUG: When thread is collapsed, first name is used instead of preferred name

Not an idea, but a bugreport. Was sent here by @MicrosoftHelps.

Copying the text:
    Hey @MicrosoftHelps, a transgender friend just got outed at her work through @MicrosoftTeams because apparently when a thread is collapsed it shows the "real" name instead of preferred name. Couldn't find a place to report bugs, so I'll just ping you here. Please get this fixed.

Her description:
    I can’t see it on my side but we are using the desktop app.

Every time I get pinged it shows up properly but you close a thread drop down it reverts to first name Instead of preferred…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Support pasting into multi-select combo-boxes

Normal combo-boxes allow pasting values into them. However, Combo-boxes setup to allow multiple selections will not allow pasting a value into them. There are times when the value may be the same for several records in a continuous form. In this case it would be convenient and more efficient to copy once and insert multiple times, rather than to have to select and enter, to complete each entry in these cases.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Pleas add me in teams

Please add me in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Backwards compatibility request: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2: the game

I was wondering if I could request the game ‘HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2: the game’ to become backwards compatible so it can be played on Xbox One. A lot of people I know have been waiting for this game to play on Xbox one.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable users to add content to channel tabs programmatically

I would like the ability to programatically add tabs to existing or new channels. Would like to have access to change the content on tabs at any time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Make team groups available to be embedded into SharePoint site.

Make team groups available to be embedded into SharePoint site.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to loging to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

Hi Team, I need to use 2 domain's Teams on my laptop. Ex. I supposed to log in to teams with 2 different email IDs, Please suggest me.

E-Mail ID I need to use were: surapureddys@hcl.com & ssurapur@estee.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Provide ability to reply to a Channel root message using Graph API

Is this support already in the works? If yes, when is it expected to be available?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

backticks don't work when you paste them or type the first one second

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. how can I remove a file?

no possibility defined for removing files in the option list: three points on the right side of files

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Autodetect code snippet language

Now you can create and post code snippets. The new feature looks great!

When you create a snippet you have to select the language. It would be great, if Teams could detect the language automatically, too.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. CYBERCREDV

a teaching tool that helps young people, children and adults who learn to maximize learning by using products that help the learner understand basic information while breaking down tougher information. the D.I.S is also used as a functioning part of skype, and other microsoft products which would help enumerable hours of learning cut down to short period of time. colorful, yet achievable personality functionality for education. also helps young people learn when education is slow by adding sound on the cloud and basic A.I through transitions that otherwise understand the user through a speaking point by point microphone. sound is…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improve API to allow creating/updating Tabs on a Teams Channel

We have automated the creation of our Teams, but we would like to configure Tabs on it.
    Can an API be created for this purpose?
    Kind regards

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Teams Add App Graph API

I tested new Add App API, we like it and that's what we were waiting for. However, this API can be further improved by providing the 'id' already mentioned in app manifest file.

Currently in order to run this API, it requires app id which is generated by Teams Platform when the app is uploaded.

We have developed our own teams Tab App which we want to upload to the teams private store and we want to install this app to the desired tab dynamically. This API serves our partial purpose, we still need to get the id from teams…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Teams clone API

According to the documentation there is a clone graph API which will allow to clone a team however the result of the POST call is empty. It would be better that the POST call should return the guide of a team/group which is going to be created.

Also the doc mentions that the cloning is a long time operation and in order to check if the cloning is complete, make the GET calls... However it doesn't mention which GET call and call what??

Here is the link of the preview API documentation:

https://developer.microsoft.com/en-us/graph/docs/api-reference/beta/api/team_clone

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. AD / O365 Group integration

Make teams groups able to use AD / o365 groups so dynamic team membership can be driven by groups.
    When adding a member to a team you can add a group but this just pulls the current member of the group. Making teams read the group membership to determine membership on a scheduled basis would be very helpful for teams that change regularly and are based on AD groups.

29 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. add connector to a channel via api

We would like the ability to add a connector to a channel programmatically, to enable team notification scenarios without needing to create an incoming webhook manually for each channel.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Connector for GitLab

Hello,

Our team uses GitLab for source control. While I could find GitHub connectors, there are no GitLab ones. Will this be something you will make available to Teams soon?

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.