Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Need smaller chat box or option to resize it

Chat box needs to be smaller- not efficient to user if the Teams page takes up a whole screen and user has to toggle back and forth to have a conversation.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The difference between "Chat" and "Conversation" is unclear to a new user.

Rename the "chat" icon on the left to "private chat" and "Conversation" tab to "team chat." My team members are hesitant to use either one, because it is not clear to them who can see their conversations. Maybe also allow the developer to name the Conversation tab with their specific team name. For example, my team would be "Mid-Atlantic Team Chat." That way it is clear what team they are conversing with, especially when they are part of a large number of teams.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Clear chat history

It wolud be the best option if you can add in teams.
    If someone don’t want to keep there perivious chat they want to clear then it should be avilable.
    Hope microsoft teams undestand this feature how important it is.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow editing of TXT files

Allow editing of TXT files

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Compact list as default view

What we really need in Teams is to get an option to have compact view as the main view for that particular page and in ”Files”. It improves readability, is user-friendly and speeds up work. Many would use Teams more in their company and in our company if this feature would exists.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like Microsoft Teams to be compatible with iPad 4 please.

I would like Microsoft Teams to be compatible with iPad 4 please

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Make the window able to be smaller and thinner size...

Make the window able to be smaller and thinner size... the window need to be able to be smaller like skype..... the window is so large it take up half my screen when decrease to it's smallest size... this is just dumb.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Can`t able to filter contacts based on status

To filter based on status we are not able to filter the contacts.

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Captioning

In addition to actually offering captioning on all video chats, please make it an option in the user's setting that captions will be enabled whenever possible. The feature/power should lie with the user rather than the host of the video meeting. Thank you~

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Allow to reply to messages in a channel via Microsoft Graph

It would be good to be able to reply to a message in a channel via Microsoft Graph rather than starting a new conversation.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Real time Call Details in Graph API

When someone calls me in teams, I want to get the phone number of the caller via graph API (in real-time) so that I can use it for other purposes like looking up it in our internal database, etc.

The flow could be like this: Use the presence webhook to see if I'm in a call. If i'm in a call, get the call details using my user id.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Assignment Notifications

Students receive a notification when their teacher marks and provides written feedback on an assignment.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

we have this!  ·  Justin Chando responded

Students already get notified when assignments are returned. You must make sure you do click the ‘Return’ button as a teacher for your student’s submissions.

14. Can we hide or archive old assignments so the students no longer see then but teachers can

It's really cluttered on the TEAMS page and we have only done three days, Is there a way of hiding assignments from student view so they only see the ones they need to do?

Love everything else but this is really annoying

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Being able to print a Channel conversation history to PDF

Really need to be able to print an entire conversation history of the channel conversation to PDF for recording purposes. Especially when the amount of channels is capped.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Backwards compatibility request: HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2: the game

I was wondering if I could request the game ‘HOW TO TRAIN YOUR DRAGON 2: the game’ to become backwards compatible so it can be played on Xbox One. A lot of people I know have been waiting for this game to play on Xbox one.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to archive assignments after a quarter/semester

After a quarter or a semester, teachers should be able to archive assignments and students grades without deleting them. This is a good reference point.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Allowing assignments to be posted under channels

I was wanting to create channels (chapter or units) as a teacher. Then be able to create assignments under the channels. In google classroom I am able to select classwork tab and then the student can select a topic on the right hand side to only show information for that top. Will help student find the assignment faster. Posting assignments under channel can overwhelm a student.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Ability to disable badge notifications in task bar

Please enable the ability to disable badge notifications in the task bar when teams is running in the background. I get them even if i'm on do not disturb and its honestly a needless distraction. thanks!

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recover deleted teams

Give users the ability to recover a deleted team within say 14 days. This will help team owners to recover their team without requesting the O365 admin to recover their team within the soft delete period of 30 days. Some of our users delete teams accidentally due to similar names and then want to recover the deleted team.

18 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base