Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Team Android and IOS Side Menu

For the teams Android App I think it should have a side menu like the desktop app. One I can open and close without leaving my current channel.

The constant switching to see the menu of Teams and Channels then coming back is very time consuming to users in mobile apps. This is more noticeable in Chrome books and iPad tablets.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Team Needs to support becoming part of/join other Organization.

Joining other organization team should be easy without switching Organizations. If invited, anyone should be able to take part in invited team. It's taking us over a month to figure out joining cross organization teams and at last giving up and using what's up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Provide Replacement for Lync SDK "Communicator Extension Window" of SfB in Teams (For Developers)

Teams have tabs, but they do not have the same contexual capabilities as the Communicator Extension Window that was present in Lync/SfB clients. That SDK was able to participate in a conversation and allowed third part apps to layer own UI. Additionally when used with a web server, it was possible to load context aware applications that could receive and send messages in the Extension window.

The Teams client is lacking all these features

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Make it more coder friendly

Putting a snipet is not easily accessible. Also remove the 1000 character limit from clipboard

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Design guid

Hello, I am learning your design guide in order to help to design our own app, but I see a lot of confusing data. For example, you state that a $app-black is monochromatic #252423, but the color sample actually is blueish #16233a. Also, there is not enough data on spacings, sizings, and colors. For example, what color do I use for a "down" state of a button? What left and right paddings does a button label have, what is the spacing between primary and secondary buttons or what is the width for a dialog? It would be nice if you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Efficient tool to convert EDB to PST

There are many possibilities to lose your Exchange Database. It may include accidental deletion, dirty shut down, Jet errors, malicious software, synchronization issues, and corrupt header files of your database.
    Among various software recovery tools, here we introduce one of the good and efficient third party tools. EdbMails EDB to PST Converter tool is one of the professional third party tools. It is trusted by millions of users around the world.
    EdbMails recovers all mailbox items like Emails, Calendars, Contacts, Drafts, Notes, etc. including attachments. It supports Exchange Server 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, 2019 and outlook versions 2000, 2002,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Install React and Redux Developer Tools in Chrome debugger

As I am trying to debug my Tab app written in React/Redux, I really miss having React and Redux debugging features in the Dev Tools. Is there a way to do this?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Custom Tab - Play video Inline on IPhone.

I created custom tab which plays a video. By default, the video plays full screen on Iphone. I am using playsinline and webkit-playsinline in my video element. Still It's playing fullscreen by default. I did a bit research and found we also need to set AllowInlineMediaPlayback to true as well. I think, teams should give some option to set it. Can you please help here?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customized error messages for message extensions in case the app is not reachable

Generally when a teams app is deployed on a provider server, in case the app goes down and during the same course of time, if a user tries to access the App, he sees a generic message "App not reachable. Please try again later.". Instead, could we add a parameter within the manifest file where we can add a more meaningful error message to the user and redirect the User to the suitable support team?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow multiple consoles to have my home xbox

Can we please be allowed to have the same “My Home Xbox” on multiple consoles I bought a new console because i thought this was possible :(

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Reorder tabs in AppStudio

It would be awesome to have the ability to reorder tabs when building in AppStudio. Currently if I want to change the ordering of tabs I have delete and recreate.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. LET ME UNINSTALL

stop trying to be the microroft equivalent of discord. Nobody likes this ****.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Icon should be more visible when the person is in meeting or some other work. Because we have to more concentrate and see to see the status

When some person is in meeting or sharing screen and when we see them on the team we need to see with more concentration to find his status in skype it was like more visible compare to teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Have a setup step on app installation to ask for environment variables to be used by the app.

Enable developers to define a setup step when the user is installing the app in order to provide variables to be later be sent to the app.

This request is based on this Stack Overflow thread: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/58736208/is-it-possible-to-design-a-setup-step-to-be-triggered-when-installing-a-microsof

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Unable to Fix Brother Printer Error Code 71?

Please help me to solve my troubleshoot problem to fix Brother Printer Error Code 71. I am trying to solve the problem in many ways but still getting the same problem occurring. So, Please Help me to Solve by giving your suggestions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Get conversation history with personal account key

I want to get conversation history (including files) using my personal account as a key.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Authentication in custom bot

In June 2019, there was an issue where new users, who haven't used Bot before, were not able to sign-in in Bot we developed. And, the issue had occurred several times. All incidents were self-healed, so we are thinking that there were some errors with Microsoft Teams. The users were affected by this issue for several days, and we are requesting to fix it so that it won't occur in the future. Also, please mitigate the issue faster it t occurs again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base