Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplications are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We updated our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block change picture

In Skype for Business we were able to prevent users from uploading pictures for their avatar. This was done from a PowerShell script that modified the OWA policy. We should have the same option with Teams. Hopefully in UI instead of PS.

732 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

151 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Warren responded

This item is still in the works, no new details to share yet.
    -Warren

2. Blynclight for Microsoft Teams

Expose user presence in Microsoft Teams through an API so that the Embrava Blynclight can subscribe to the current users status and display this status on the Blynclight.

www.embrava.com

719 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

178 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Quoting previous Messages

A collegue of mine discovered this in markdown formatting (if you include a ">" before a paragraph it formats it as a quote, then 2xShift+Return to exit quote). This is a useful feature when trying to give context to a response that occurs later in a conversation thread.

Quoting should be a more integrated feature. I'm picturing a "quote" button below the message window that when you select it, it opens another window where you can select a message you want to quote. The tool should automatically date/time stamp the quote, format it the same as the markdown method, and…

718 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Suphatra responded

We are planning for this! I’m trying to get a date when work will start. But it is officially off the backlog. :-)

Suphatra

4. Gantt view for Planner Tasks

When using The planner tasks TAB, we would to have the possibility to have a gantt view of our planificated tasks

715 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

72 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This request is still in the backlog, no new details are available at this time.

I’ll continue to watch for new information from the feature team to share with you.
    -Warren

5. Integrate Presence in Outlook contacts from Teams

Whenever Team is running the presence should show on the Outlook contacts. When composing emails and adding users, it should show the presence of Team. It currently works only for skype for business.

711 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

67 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Integration for Microsoft Project

Enable integration with Microsoft Project to see a project timeline, work breakdown, schedule, and dependencies. Additionally, teams could provide notifications to members about dates in the project.

706 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

under review  ·  Warren responded

The team is still reviewing this item. I hope to know of a decision soon.

-Warren

7. Copy & Paste is tempermental

Users reporting multiple copy/paste issues for text:

1. Can't paste multi-messages. Often, only the first line pastes, the rest disappear. As one user puts it: "On the Windows 10 desktop client it is nearly impossible to copy multiple messages from the chat history. A fraction of a second after letting go of the mouse, the highlight collapses down to a single message."

2. Can't paste in general: "Copy & Paste is tempermental, when i try to paste text in from other sources it simply doesn't paste, but then if I only copy a few (3-6) words then it does. It…

695 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

129 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

685 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

103 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

9. Merge/consolidate channels

We changed the mind about the way we used some channels. We decided that some of the channels need to be merged. It would be nice to be able to do this without using history. We want history to be merged.

684 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

77 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This request is now being reviewed by the feature team! I’ll keep you posted as to the future decision.

-Warren

10. Allow hyperlinking to network drive locations

While you are currently able to hyperlink to any https:// address, hyperlinks to \\-mapped drives does not work. having the ability to do this would be a huge help for a company that has a sophisticated network drive setup for everyone to access

683 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

94 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sharepoint tab linked to a list, a library or even a specific view

At present, when adding a SharePoint tab, you can only link to a site. Since sites may be shared among several teams, team members will still have to browse the site to find material relevant for the actual channel. It would be nice if a tab could pull up a specific custom list, library or even a specific view of a library. That would keep stuff on the site in context for that particular channel.

659 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works.

Also, thank you for the additional feedback. I will circle back to the feature team and provide a new update soon.
    -Warren

12. Fix pasting of images

Pasting images is somewhat supported - see https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public-preview/suggestions/16925587-ability-to-paste-images) but is not correctly implemented (at least on Windows).

Using Google Chrome, if I right click on any image on a webpage and select "Copy Image", I can not paste it into Teams. I can paste this on competitors products, such as HipChat and of course into MS Paint.

There are different issues pasting from other browsers. Edge and IE both paste a blank image. Firefox has similar behavior to Chrome (nothing is pasted at all).

This is a very common use case - pasting an image from a web page.…

655 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

174 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi folks, I’ve gotten a number of emails reporting this bug is back. Augh! Sorry about that.

I’ve let the team know so we can find-and-kill this bug. Will let you know when a fix is deployed.

Suphatra

13. Tag for status updates

Skype for Business supports tagging for status updates. It's a really buried feature, but one that is really helpful when trying to get in touch with someone. Would love to make this more easily available in Microsoft Teams to be better able to catch people as they become available (e.g. know when they come in in the morning, when they finish their current meeting, etc.).

653 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

104 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple Screen Sharing Option

Allow multiple people to share their screen at one time, similar to how hangout does it.

650 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

31 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Webhook needs to support forced notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person"

Webhooks should have a property to force notification a la "@channel", "@team", "@person". I have been using Slack webhooks for notifications out of our monitoring platform and can use "@" tags to make sure that the correct channels get the data and if the condition is severe, notify "@channel".

639 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

92 comments  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This feature request is now under review.

I’ll update this topic as we move through the decision process. Thank you for the suggestion.

-Warren

16. User customizable left navigation

The far left navigation panel seems to have a whole lot of blank space just calling out to be filled with things, and there is plenty of functionality within Teams that could be put there so users could reach it faster. That big gap between Files and Feedback is wasted space!

You should let individual users decide what goes in this space by giving them the ability to pin additional things they want there. I use the 'Saved' functionality a lot for example. It would be nice to have it out there only one click away. Perhaps I think a…

637 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

66 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    planned  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is now in the planning stage. As more details become available, I will post them here.

-Warren

17. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

631 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi everyone, the engineer working on this item has left the company and we’re working on replacing him. I wanted to give you that heads up because the work has paused, which extends our shipping date.

I really appreciate your patience as we work to get this back to actively worked on.

Suphatra

18. Developer API to read/create teams and channels in them.

Slack has dev api to list teams/channels and perform bunch of management operations. It would be great if there's something similar available in Microsoft Teams as well.

596 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

90 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This item is still in the works. I’m waiting for additional details from the feature team and hope to be able to share something more detailed soon.

-Warren

19. Would like the ability to create a reminder or task from a message

In Slack there is an ability to click message options and set a reminder to take action on that message at some later date, e.g., remind me about this tomorrow or in 1 hour, etc. I think they use their "slackbot /" commands to create this reminder. In Teams, it would be nice to have this ability or to create a task to take action on a message at some later time. Thanks!

593 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

65 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    try this instead  ·  Suphatra responded

I really like the suggestion of creating an alarm on a message, so you come back to it. I’ve passed this on to our engineering team.

Meanwhile, here’s another feature you can utilize for the same purpose — use our “bookmark” button, which is in the upper right corner of every message. This will save that message or thread directly to your profile. To access your saved messages, just click your face in the upper left corner of the product. You’ll see a tab in the left rail that says “Saved.” This is like a list of little reminders.

Hope that helps! :-)

Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

20. Embed Media

If you paste a link it should embed the media right in the chat (Gif, mp4, youtube, Vimeo, Soundcloud etc.)

590 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

71 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base