Public

Hi there, you have reached a site that enables you to post feedback about Microsoft Teams. The feedback you post here is public and controlled by UserVoice and subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service and Privacy Policy

This site is undergoing some branding revisions, momentary outages may be encountered. 

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create Team from existing SharePoint site, and other requests

1 User Request on SharePoint:

Enable integration of Microsoft Teams to an existing SharePoint site rather than to always create a new site collection

There have been a few ideas raised on integrating lists, OneNote, document libraries, etc. from an existing SharePoint site with Microsoft Teams, but in summary, it will be best if we could create a team upon on existing site, so that the "Files" and "Notes" tabs would directly reference the existing document library and OneNote in SharePoint. It does not make sense to have two separate sites: one for all the usual SharePoint stuff, and another…

4,609 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

327 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    on the backlog  ·  Warren responded

This feature request is working its way through the backlog queue. No new details are available yet.

-Warren

2. See participants while sharing screen

Currently, participants can see others while the screen is shared. But the presenter cannot. I would like it to be able to see participants while sharing my screen.

4,596 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

576 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve audio notifications

VOLUME: The sound is too low!! Most people don't think it's even on. Let us customize the sound level, please.

UNIQUE SOUNDS FOR CALLS VS CHATS/MESSAGES: Right now sounds are all or nothing. This is not good. For example, you may want to have sound for Calls but not for chat or messages. There is a difference when you need to hear that someone is calling you – versus getting the constant bing/bing/bing on message chat.

UNIQUE SOUND FOR PRIVATE CHAT: It would be nice to have different sounds for private chat and notifications, so that its easy to know…

4,417 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

677 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add an option to disable auto-adjusting mic level

When on the call the Teams will automatically adjust the mic sensitivity level. I want it to stay at the same level. It's really annoying as it picks up background sounds when not talking. Also, it doesn't readjust it after the call, so i.e. if I had set level 50% before the call the Teams will readjust it to 80% and it will stay at 80% after the call has ended. This forces me to keep manually adjusting the mic level. It's a minor thing, but really infuriating. Would be really great, to just have a checkbox to disable mic…

4,362 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

877 comments  ·  Devices (Headphones, Cameras)  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Assign multiple organizers on a Teams meeting

It would be great if Teams could allow us to assign multiple meeting organizers on a meeting because currently only the organizer can change the meeting option and close the meeting and the meeting can only have a single organizer. This is not convenient for our business.

4,350 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

521 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add live voting and polling to Teams Live Events

With other platforms, you can ask participants to vote and or answer polling questions during the meeting/event. I would like to see functionality such as that available in Teams Live Events (and actually in regular meetings too).

4,251 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

195 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Proofing tools (spell check, theasaurus, autocorrect)

One of the defining features of office down the years has been the proofing tools (i.e. Spell checker, theasaurus, autocorrect, grammar checker). I would love to see these come to Teams.

The way I envisage this working is as I'm typing a message the famous red/blue/green squigglies that we've all become familiar with should show up.

Most of all I'd like autocorrect (i.e. a spelling correction that I've used previously automatically gets applied as I type). Stretch goal for this, have a single set of autocorrects that work across all of Office 365, including the client apps.

Some people might…

4,193 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

working on it  ·  418 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. group chat picture

Allow users to set pictures / display pictures to represent group chats so it is easier to differentiate them

4,189 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

534 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Toggle video camera mirroring on or off for Teams calls

ISSUE: Video feed is always mirrored during a Teams call, meaning that written text, such as on a whiteboard, is displayed incorrectly.
    SOLUTION: Provide a toggle option to not mirror the camera when in a video call.

4,174 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

979 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback, the team is currently planning for this work. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

Note: Your meeting attendees receive a non-mirrored video including the image of you and any text, whiteboards, etc. The image and video in your Call Monitor screen is shown to you only, as if you were looking in a mirror.

10. Italian subtitles

Hi to all. I use Teams a lot in smart working and I am satisfied with it. But I have a serious problem. I'm deaf so I need Italian subtitles in videochats. Unfortunately Teams provides English subtitles only. Would a beta version with Italian subtitles be feasible? (Microsoft owns Skype which already provides Italian subtitles). Thank you.

4,157 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

837 comments  ·  Languages/Translation  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. outlook integrations for shifts

Once a user is assigned a schedule within shifts the schedule should sync to their outlook calendar.

It would also be nice to see Available shifts in outlook and be able to accept them (or at least link to the shift in teams to be able to accept)

3,829 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

532 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Share pointer while screen sharing

TeamViewer screen sharing has a nice feature to share pointer. So when other meeting participants wants to show the presenter something on screen, the presenter can see where they pointing. It's really useful feature.

3,649 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

429 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow user to block specific contacts while being able to stay Online for others.

Some users may need to be available for quick chat contact through Teams to other members of the team, but other users in the organization may take advantage of their online presence to bypass regular communication channels. Specifically, helpdesk support person needs a service ticket submitted before assisting someone, but must be available in Teams for consultation with other IT staff.

3,624 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

714 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to enable push to talk in group meetings

Allow the users to configure to enable push to talk in group meetings.

3,426 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

382 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your continued feedback, we have not forgotten about this ask. The feature remains on our backlog. We will share an update as soon as one is available.

In the meantime, you can try using the keyboard shortcut to toggle mute (Ctrl+Shift+M). For more information on keyboard shortcuts, please visit https://support.microsoft.com/office/keyboard-shortcuts-for-microsoft-teams-2e8e2a70-e8d8-4a19-949b-4c36dd5292d2.

15. Make "Teams" and "Chat" the same Tab

There is no reason that Teams and Chat should be different top level categories in the left navigation. They are the same thing, perform exactly the same function, and making two different items simply confuses the navigation and makes badge notifications and discoverability much more difficult to use.

Please combine Chats into the Teams tab so that you can browse all conversations in one place rather than needing to navigate to different tabs to see different conversations.

Chats and channels perform essentially the same function, which is talk to some people and collaborate. Forcing the user to check two different…

3,424 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

476 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. meeting reminders

Regardless of where a meeting is created, Outlook or Microsoft Teams, the 15 minute reminders and the like should generate a notification from Microsoft teams to the user, either a popup dialogue window or otherwise.

3,420 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

474 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow copying whole chat conversations

Currently, it's not possible to select & copy more than one message in a chat. When I try to select two or more messages, the focus stays on the first message making it impossible to copy whole chat.

There are some really ugly workarounds like: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/Microsoft-Teams/Copying-conversations/td-p/62849 which I don't consider a solution of the situation.

I want to be able to select multiple messages at once and copy them by hitting CTRL+C.

3,399 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

412 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Suphatra responded

Thank you for your suggestion! We really appreciate the feedback and idea. We have reviewed this request and started working on it. I’ll let you know as it nears completion.

Suphatra

18. Add functionality for simultaneous interpretation of audio/video meetings with human interpreters..

For meetings with participants who speak different languages, it would be great to enable an interpreter console feature, allowing participants to choose their preferred audio channel (language), and listen to the interpreter (a meeting participant who could be remotely connected) rendering into their language. How about an add-on app to do this?

3,391 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

755 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Meeting timer

Have an on screen timer for a meeting.
    While the meeting is being held, the timer shows the time left during the meeting.

Time management tool integrated in the meetings on MS Teams.

3,385 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

317 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Convert Private Channel to Public Channel

Its good that Private channels are introduced in MS Teams. Can we have a option to convert a private channel to public channel.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bhanu

3,361 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

271 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your feedback! The team has reviewed this request and has added it to our backlog for both Private to Standard (Public) and Standard (Public) to Private channel conversion. We will share an update as soon as it’s available.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base