How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Allow adding bots to channels

We have a "passive" Slack bot that listens on allowed channels and provides some useful commentary on what's happening. In Teams I can neither add bot to channel (at all), nor does it receive any messages when added to private group conversations.

(I remember the same issue with bots in Skype, actually)

105 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Serg Rogovtsev shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

I know this was completed a while ago, but here are some instructions on two ways to add a bot to a channel:

The easiest way to add a bot is to click in the search bar, and choose the Discover bots option at the bottom of the list. From here, you can add bots to your one-on-one conversations and teams.

Another way to add bots to a team is to select View Team from the more icon icon next to your team name and clicking on the Bots tab. From here, click Bots to find bots and add them to your team. Remember, though, you can only add bots to teams if your team owner has enabled team members to do so.

Cheers,
Suphatra

6 comments

Comments are closed

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.