How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,962 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
completed  ·  Suphatra responded  · 

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
Suphatra
Microsoft Teams

252 comments

Comments are closed
  • Damian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just been testing this with my team Patrick and it does work but not the way you would expect. It seems that sending a message in a channel doesn't give you a notification, however if the person mentioned you with @User or @channel or @team and you had the notification configured to Banner you get it pop up in the corner and the icon flashes.

I would however like to see the ability to receive the notification for any sort of message, even if you are not mentioned, sort of like Skype. Its either that or we need to train all our users to use mentions.

• Dave Ellis commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Currently there is only a notification option for when you are mentioned. There should be a way to enable notifications for any posts to the team/channel - unless you are currently in that team/channel's active conversation

• Patrick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

My team and I receive no notifications whether that be sound or pop ups when a new message comes in even though our settings are configured for those notifications.

• Wes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Lack of onscreen notifications makes this app unusable. New messages need toast notifications.

• Daniel Kloyber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are experimenting with integrating teams in the CSS business... basically displaying all incoming support cases in a channel and letting SMEs give tips as the cases arrive.

We need a way of notifying people every time a post is added over the connector. Getting alerts for all messages would be awesome. (opt-in of course)

• Henry C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely definitely. Some channels for us are project forums and similar, so the current approach makes sense, but we also want to have general chat linked to projects and other situations where we'd want to be notified of every message.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Desperately needed. Almost unusable for someone who jumps across multiple projects frequently.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need the option for a sound, a toast popup and for the taskbar to flash for all messages ASAP.

• Adam P. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm really hoping for all notification options per channel. There are some channels where I want everything to fire so that I don't miss anything and others where I may just check in on periodically (think 'Random').

• James S commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please include a sound-only option for this...I don't want an email but I do want to hear the notification sound for every event.

1 2 9 10 11 13 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.