How can we make Microsoft Teams better?

Notifications for all messages in a channel

There is no clear way how to enable all notifications in channels. I have channel where I am interested in all messages.

1,975 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Angela SzeAngela Sze shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  SuphatraAdminSuphatra (Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Teams) responded  · 

I hope this brightens your Friday — your feature request is here! Our hardworking engineers have been working on this for weeks and we’re happy to report it released yesterday.

To set notifications for all messages in a channel, just click the little ellipses next to the channel name and choose “Follow this channel.”

If this made your Friday, please tweet to us! You can send the tweet to me (@skprufo) or just include the #MicrosoftTeams hashtag, and I’ll make sure it gets to our dev team.

THANK YOU for making Teams better and better with your awesome feedback. You guys are the best.

Sincerely,
    Suphatra
    Microsoft Teams

248 comments

Comments are closed
    • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Ditto to comment below. We are a large org and my teams are finding Team unhelpful due to lack of auto-notifications. No one wants to have to opt-in to follow all the channels in a large Team. I'm losing folks faster than I can get them to try it because of this.

Brian Critchlow commented · June 09, 2017 15:26 · Flag as inappropriate
      Can we have an admin setting where we opt-in everyone by default and they have to opt out if they dont want to follow?

• Hal TrappHal Trapp commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Could this not be designed to function somewhat like Yammer or Planner where an email is sent to alert the user of new activity?

• Neil HarrisonNeil Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a good step forward. Thankyou. At least our staff that are already online now know something has been posted.

What we need now is an "unread read" posts number displayed in each tab. E.g. one for chat and one for Teams. So people who were offline and then come back can see there are updates.

• Nick RieckNick Rieck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Assume that the "feature" that was added was the pop-up notification?
      This isnt what is needed. The activity notification isn't sufficient for being notified of a team channel - it should highlight with a red @ or a number to indicate which channel is active.

• ViVi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi, I would like to understand well the feateure, because I am able to follow a channel, but I am not receiving notifications when somebody in my teams, post a message in any conversations, and this is something that will help us a lot to adopt Teams.

Thanks in advanced

• Brian CritchlowBrian Critchlow commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we have an admin setting where we opt-in everyone by default and they have to opt out if they dont want to follow?

• MIkeMIke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still doesn't seem to work after following channels. What type of notification should I be getting? My hope was via email

• SharonSharon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

about email to channel sometime failed had been fixed on 6/1. I got this message from MS members. maybe you can try again and if you still follow this issue.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

don't receive notifications when sending an email to a channel.

This occurs even after 'following' the channel as suggested above.

• AliAli commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thank you it really worked for me!
      For those who are saying that they dont see a follow option next to their channel should open the channel first then at top of the app you see your channel name following by General.
      Next to the General there is 3 dots clock on those dots then you should be able to see the follow option

Thanks

• LukaszLukasz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Suphatra - is there any plan on fixing those bugs? This is blocker for my team to move from Slack syriously - Notifications are not reliable, are not showing the proper way on icons as a badge, on notification centers no matter if that is a windows or Mac machine. Our patience with this is short as we waited for basically end of last year and we are ready to go with either paid plan for Slack or Workplaces ... Please answer : a) you are working on this issue, b) you are not working on this issue but this will be done xx, c) everything is fine, I don't know what you are talking about

• KevinKevin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not get email notifications of mentions. If you are not going to have the option of getting an email for any activity (desired feature), then please at least get email notifications to work!

• Austin LockeAustin Locke commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is not working, i've followed and favorited a channel and it does not notify any team members when a new conversation is started when i email that channel. Please fix!

• JamesJames commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm following a channel, but I'm not getting notifications for data posted by webhooks.

• Swami69Swami69 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are still bugs in channel notifications (even when following a channel). We have several users that still do not get notifications/popups. When is this issue going to be resolved?

← Previous 1 3 4 5 12 13

Feedback and Knowledge Base