Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Quick Notification Disable Button

Quick Notification Disable Button- something you can click on the temporarily disable notifications. Very useful when you are presenting or screen sharing and you don't want notifications to be seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Staffhub

Microsoft Staffhub was far easier to maneuver, easier to shift trade and view your work colleagues calendar. Often my reminders or notifications are behind or do not appear. I am. Unable to view my colleagues calendars and the phone ap needs to significantly improve

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hi There – My name is Amir and I am a product manager in the Shifts team. I am sorry to hear about your experience and would love to learn more about your issues. You should be able to see your colleagues shifts (assuming they are published of course) via the calendar or the time clock icon when youclick on a specific shift. If that’s not the case can you please file a bug with more details? we need more information investigate the root cause. Same goes for notification that should work without any issues. Thank in advance. We will keep working hard performance and usability of the app.

You are receiving this email because you agreed to be contacted by Microsoft about your product feedback
    Privacy Statement
    Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA 98052 USA

3. Unread chats need to be on the top with better visibility

Unread chats need to be on the top with better visibility; it is so difficult to find that bold in a long list of contacts

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conversation arrows vs channel arrows

When I respond to someone within a channel in Teams, sometimes I will post my reply and click on the arrow to post but it is the main channel arrow. It would be nice if the page automatically scrolled down for you so you don't click the wrong arrow. Also, it would be nice for the page to scroll down automatically for you so that you don't post a new conversation within that channel. This is confusing because there are two input fields at the bottom but the latest conversation within a channel input field in normally not visible unless…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Stop making it so needy? "Do you like me? Do you like me?" Sheesh. Marvin the paranoid android wasn't this needy.

Give it some self esteem. Needy as ****. Do you like me? Why not? Seriously?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Set meeting status only when on a call (for remote employees)

As a remote employee, I'm only truly in a meeting when I'm on a call. Instead of updating my status based on my calendar, update it only when I'm on a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. In unnamed groups of several people, the notification should show the user name of who sent a message

When in unnamed groups of people, the notification tab that appears in the corner shows "Person1, Person2, Person3...." when anyone sends a message, which makes it difficult to determine who just sent it.

Acceptance:
    Show the name of the person who sent the message at the top of the notification, with perhaps a subtitle "Person1, Person2, Person3...." or some other indication of which group it was in

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unattended remote support to internal customers

It would be nice to have an unattended remote support option available.

As of now, we are relying on Rescue Assist and Bomgar like products but if Teams can provide this feature, that would be great.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The Skype call-in and option to have the service call you was much easier to use and automate. Please add that to Teams

The Skype call-in and option to have the service call you was much easier to use and automate. Please add that to Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. When navigating files within the app, right mouseclick should only go one step back, not back to main menu.

It's very frustrating that right clicking brings you back to the main menu, not the previous folder in the directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. We need the Teams recording options in mobile application

It could be better, recording option will be available for the microsoft teams mobile apps as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. During the call speaker notification should show up as "Full Name"

Speaker notification was missing during the call, and also it should be great if it show full name of speaker instead of first letter of first name and last name of the speaker (this will be very useful for the other participants to see who is speaking and also avoid if we have more than 1 participant with same first letter of first name and last name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. personal space to add tabs

Add a "home" icon in the menu to allow users to add tabs they want but not shared. I am thinking of using the OneDrive personal site and enhance it with the tabs they want.

Today I need to create an office 365 group to do it.
    It's a place I want to see my todo, tabs with website I use on a daly basis in stuff.

I found a LinkedIn post describing this need : https://www.linkedin.com/posts/patrick-kelley-msft_microsoftteamsrooms-onedrive-customersuccess-ugcPost-6583682114917593088-Mv7g

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Planner Calendar Integration

Allow Planners to interconnect between different teams for a combined calendar, and hence allow for complete project overview.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Prevent creating channels until the General channel has at least 10 posts in it

In our organisation we have a long list of Teams, most of which have oodles of empty channels, created by overenthusiastic people.

Having lots of empty channels clutters the interface, making it harder to find the right place to post, and therefore reduces the effectiveness of Teams.

Instead of letting people create these ghost villages, can we please prevent people from creating a sub-channel until the General channel has some activity in it?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. When creating a Team appointment - does not have a save option (see youtube link)

If we would like a meeting to appear within one of our channels in MS Teams, we need to create the meeting, click schedule, and then close the meeting. When we close it, it will ask us if we want to discard our changes. Please see the following YouTube video showing this issue
    https://youtu.be/CXpTy8evr8Y

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Outbound calls should play the ringback through the selected audio device

When I place an outbound call, even though I have my headset selected as the audio device, for some reason the "ringback" plays through a completely different device. Why?

Let's make this work like phones in the real world where the ringback plays through the selected device (handset, normally).

This is pretty much the same suggestion, titled differently and offered by someone else: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/38441686-route-call-progress-tone-ringback-to-same-device

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base