Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. visitor

Possibility to mark a user as visitor and by that they only have read access to the Teams documents.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Bugs e melhoria para quem usa chrome book

Ocorre muitos bugs, dificuldades para acesso, trava constantemente e fecha. Quando uso o chrome book, não dá opção de compartilhar tela!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. How to archive teams in Microsoft Teams by an administrator

I request that some specific administrators’ roles to be able to archive teams from Microsoft Teams admin center, where shows the list of all the teams.
    I want administrators to archive teams like a team owner does.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open several document at the same time

Allows you to open several documents at the same time as a tabs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make it easy to identify @mentions message recipient and sender

I would request you to provide a function which can identify a user who post @mentions message and a user who received the @mention in Microsoft Teams conversations. It would be great that if the sender’s name is displayed in large font, and recipient’s name is shown right after “To” or after some kind of symbols.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Don't ever nag me to use your mobile app.

I don't want to be told to use your mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Group alert within Channels

We use Team's for IT related issues for our work area.
    We are not wanting to have several different channels (using as a swarm chat scenario) as most staff would get confused by this.

Looking at, instead of @'ing several people in one team, we can @ a group and all those people will be alerted of the message.

e.g. instead of @'ing 7 people, we go @ServiceDesk and those same seven people are notified.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. data scrape

I am seeking a configurable website-data scraper/extraction bot or app. I monitor several websites daily that provide simple text data and update periodically at random times. I would like a bot/app that scans the URL's for specific entry listings, identifies text updates, and is capable of updating a "stickied" (permanent top banner) post in a Teams channel. I cannot find anything that currently does this and believe it would be a great addition to the Teams toolset!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Use a more modern definition of "strong" password" inside your uservoice instance

Please read NIST Special Publication 800 63b:

A 32 char long random password is typically considered "strong" - even when it misses to use characters from ALL FIVE different character classes, you currently mandatory require here. Password length is stronger than char complexity.

Please use an up-to-date library for password complex checks.

Current password policy:

Your new password must contain:

At least 8 characters
    At least 1 lower-case letter
    At least 1 upper-case letter
    At least 1 number
    At least 1 special character

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. B2B Chat and Calling

I have invite guest users to a team. If i now contact the user from Search Teams offer me the Guest invited User located in my tenner so I can only contact the user when he is switched to my teams tenant. If he is not active he is showed as offline.

Please can you change the behaviour? Maybe I can select external or internal communication when I found it in search line.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Don't show location information for a web meeting.

I am test out your new Team function, with good results, but then I saw that you send out a map link in the meeting invitation. It seemed a bit absurd (where is the internet located? ...) but when I clicked on the link it turned out that the link revealed my geographical position.

This is not advisable. The meeting organizer may not want to reveal that he or she is holding the meeting from his or hers living room. Someone else might not want to reveal where he or she is for security reasons.

My advice is that you…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Outlook meeting invites w/ Teams from outside company should display Chat>recent like other meetings to sho historyt

Had a Teams meeting w/ a client. They invited me via Outlook I tried to find the Conversation (call) history and could not. I had to rejoin the old meeting and then cancel for the conversation/web call history to show up

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Is it possible to see all the tasks I assigned to other people in one place?

Is it possible to see all the tasks I assigned to other people in one place?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow search by date, showing all relevant messages and uploaded files on that date

A great way to chunk information out is by chronological order. Teams is so useful but feels like a nonstop stream of information. Regular keyword searching is helpful, but being able to go back through our days and weeks and see defined lines (possibly a vertical layout of the flow, with dotted lines to separate days?).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Feedback

Stop asking me for feedback after every call, it slows down my work flow

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Ux

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Schedule page of desktop version needs better interface. Event names and details can be displayed with smaller letters.

Schedule page of desktop version needs better interface. Event names and details can be displayed with smaller letters. That's why i can not see all information about events. Also when I add two events for same day, events' names doesn't appear and shown as "+2 more (please see 18 march 2019).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Wenn man in der App auf Hilfe klickt, wird man auf eine nicht vorhandene Webseite geleitet.

Wenn man in der App auf Hilfe klickt, wird man auf eine nicht vorhandene Webseite geleitet.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Excel Filter is not working in teams

please fix the filter feature in excel online teams. It is not filtering the columns when you apply the filter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.