Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Exclude agents from call group if agent is busy in a call.

If you are agent in an call group and you are busy in a call, incoming calls to the call group are interupting the ongoing call and you can not listen/speak to the counterparty.

If you are in a call incoming calls to a call group should exclude agents who are in a call.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Teams access to Exchange O365 mailbox and data

I would like to see Teams be a full replacement for Outlook.

Customers should not have to switch between Teams and Outlook to manage all of their communication, calendaring, communication, and collaboration.

I am not looking for better integration between Teams and Outlook. Instead I would like Teams to build a better email and calendar experience outside Outlook.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Bring back SP PowerPoint Slide Libraries

Restore the 'slide libraries' capability that used to exist within SharePoint. Allows users to easily maintain distributed slide content and create presentations from slides while preserving latest version.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Web App and Non signed in users in desktop app to right click and "Fit To Frame"

I get that the experience is different between web app and desktop client but when you use the Desktop Client, a signed in user has the ability to right click on the video and "fit to frame". This solved the wonky Zoom+Panning view that is forced by Teams. Why does the desktop client not have the same options if you choose to sign in. If you do not sign in, when you right click the video you get only one option "Copy (Ctrl+C)".

In a nutshell, every prospective client or external meeting attendee will have to not only download a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Why is Teams so giant and takes up so much of the screen?

Skype is a smaller interface, easily tucked away; smallest I can make teams is 1/4 of screen. The glory of Skype is that is was low key. I feel like everyone around me can read messages on Teams. I definitely won't be using this app until it has a smaller, more subtle, & private interface.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Roll back to Skype.

Teams is making it complicated.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Guest invitation only for specific domains

I would like to be able to configure the settings to allow guest invitations only to specific domains using the GUI.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Ability to add an email to a chat (not channel)

Users can current forward emails to a Team's channel, but you do not appear to have this ability within Chat.

i would like to use an email to start a Chat with someone, 1-to-1. Could this either be added to outlook or an email address be provided for each Chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Complete parity between desktop and mobile

Pls upgrade the mobile clients to get full parity on functionallity.

Especially now on iPadOS.

In my case I often find myself toggling between the app and the webb version. Not ideal.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to be able to pick your default screen when a call comes in

Need to be able to pick your default screen when a call comes in. I prefer a screen with a key pad comes up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Ability to set speaker settings before dialling takes place

The speaker settings are not linked to the general PC speaker settings.
    In the Teams App, it's currently impossible to verify or select the speaker settings on the soft phone before a call has been answered.
    This is really awkward and causes unacceptable confusion and stress particularly when calling for business prospecting.

Please sort this out urgently!

Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Include the option to change the audio device before the person picks up te phone instead of after the peson has picked up

Include the option to change the audio device before the person picks up the phone instead of after the person has picked up.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Join or leave the team easily with using GUI

Currently, we are using Intune to manage team members, but it would be great if we can use GUI in Teams to easily join or leave the team.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Hide the popup at the bottom of the screen

I want a function to hide the popup displayed at the bottom of the screen when sharing screens.
    Or I want to move the pop-up location displayed at the bottom of the screen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Microsoft Teams: When someone is sending a message in chat window (Not in Teams or Channels) , user is just receiving a banner notification.

Make IM or Chat window in Teams work exactly as Skype for Business.

Need notifications to stay on Teams icon on Task bar.

If i receive IM from two users display 2 on Teams Icon, if i receive from 5 display 5 on Teams Icon and so on....

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add tabs that can be split into customizable columns allowing simaltaneously view of any chat, teams channel, app, etc

Add Feature to Teams that allows a user to create custom tabs that can be split into vertical columns made up of any chat, team channel, feed, app, etc. Tabs would allow for grouping chats, channels, feeds, apps, etc per a users needs. This would improve a users ability to monitor chats, channels, feeds, apps, etc by having a simultaneously view. Allow multiple tabs would allow for custom grouping that would improve navigation between chats, channels, apps, feeds, etc. Allow tabs to be saved and be persistent. Making taps with the ability to view simultaneous chats, channels, apps, feeds, etc…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I would like an easy option to display instead chats.

Is there an easy way to only display unread messages in a my long list of chats?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Please return the functionality to adjust left side menu as we are missing Teams there and we are not able to get it there.

Teams is gone from left menu in teams and there are just Activity, Shifts, Chat and Calls. But I often use Teams for communication and when switching between chat and teams is pain now. In the past I was able to set the menu with aps I use - now it is not possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Having the the ability to set your availability in the desktop version of Shifts

Having this feature in both the mobile app and the desktop app would be extremely helpful

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Owner can add time off in mobile app to other group member

Owner can add time off in mobile app to othe group member. Now is only possuble to delet shift from other member.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base