Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Let guests change their name and icon

Seriously ridiculous that I have my full email on display and I can’t even change my name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Ability to exclude days of the week

I would like to have the ability to exclude days of the week. For example: Banking - we only work Monday-Saturday. Our pay period goes from Thursday-Wednesday, so we have a whole day that is blank in the schedule and it just takes up space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Crazy idea, but make it easy to start a new chat in Teams by adding a new chat icon.

Crazy idea, but make it easy to start a new chat in Teams by adding a new chat icon. I realize you want people to "Team", but folks mostly use to chat 1:1.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Specific settings for each member of the team

The ability to alter the restrictions for each team member/guest individually.

For example, allowing some guests to view the other members, create and delete files, and restricting others from these actions.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Make Teams App share files correctly. It will share files to external emails without any restriction.

Teams App on my Android device allows me to share files from files tab directly to email on my device and then send it to ANYONE. This should not be. Where is the permission/access control? An external email not associated with an external user is a bad situation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow for direct responding from the notification

Imessage for Apple allows for direct responding to a message from a notification, allowing for quicker response time, and a smoother transition between working task. If that same response could be implemented, it would save precious time rather than having to open up in browser (where I work does not allow the desktop download)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Salesforce Notes don't sync

Your Salesforce Connector says Salesforce Notes will sync to Teams. I have found this to NOT be the case. Tasks will, but every time I add a Note, they do not. Can you please investigate and debug or remove this claim from your connector?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. If Teams hits issue, automatic restart

When Teams detects an issue and needs restarting, it should restart instead of telling the user to restart. I have this happen more and more in my production space.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. In the Stream site (used to store recorded meetings in Teams) in the Interactive tab, we need a direct link to Forms.office.com

In the portion where you add a Form via interactivity in recorded Teams meetings, there needs to be a direct link to forms.office.com to create the form that you would inject into the meeting. My users get to that point to inject a form and have trouble remembering where to go to make them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. teams

I am using TEAMs application for IM but if anyone sent sms it does not show any POP UP till I won't open teams application.
    Please implement that option and enable setting option for users to setup application manually. Please compare teams with IBM sametime and enhance option accordingly. Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Set delivery option

Please take out the set delivery option in Teams. Escalation needs a different process and not a red or important message. We don't like to move back to the stupid things we did with emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. ONENOTE SHARED

Besoin d'une notification lorsqu'un utilisateur écrit sur un OneNote partagé…
    Merci !

Notification needed when somenone writes on a shared OneNote….
    Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Enabling Guest access

We need to enable guest access for teams. But We dont need to enable external access for all the team users. Insted we need only to give this permission to specific users only Or we need to give external access permission to specific Teams through admin portal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Team erstellen

Team erstellen nicht möglich. Bug?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. TEAMS startup

TEAMS starts up with cropped window size at the top. Please let it start with full screen. with space at the top it often keeps user confusing on which screen gets closed and minimized.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base