Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to generate a PDF/word/excel report

In our company we have to generate reports to the client of outstanding actions, and also include these in the monthly report. It would be great if it was possible to generate reports from the planner.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Short Voice Chat Messages

in common messaging tools we could record some short voice mails, this saves time for typing most of the time. this would be a great feature for the teams chat.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ios channel write message

I can’t send messages on channels or when I clic on new message app crash.

Ios13.1

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change Keyboard Shortcuts so unread messages are easily accessible

Slack has an amazing selection of shortcuts such as:
    cmd/ctrl+k/t = going to most recent unread channel/chat
    cmd/ctrl+[/] = going back and forth in chat/channel history. (the cmd/ctrl+k/t has to happen first in order to have this problem of reading messages too fast and skipping messages)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Alert function when logging in from an unregistered device

Are there any security settings on the settings screen of TeamsAdminCenter? For example, if there is a login from a device other than usual, such as LINE for consumers, will there be a notification that another device has logged in?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Need a means to block automatic installation of Teams on my Win7 Pro machine. I have no intention of using something so asinine.

Need a means to block automatic installation of Teams on my Win7 Pro machine. I have no intention of using something so asinine and it's a royal pain in the butt to uninstall it every time my machine restarts.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. [タブの追加 ] をする際、階層形式で表示したい。

動画をStreamにアップロードしてチャンネルを作ってTeamsで見られるようにしている。
    Streamの中に営業部だと営業部の区分としてチャンネルができる。
    8月会議、9月会議 ・・・ とあるが、8月会議チャンネル 、9月会議チャンネル、10月会議チャンネルとタブが3つ並んでいるので、それを Windows のエクスプローラーのフォルダー階層のように、トップのタブを1 つにして展開する要領(チャンネルの中にサブチャンネルができるイメージ)で表示できるようにしたい。機能の拡充をお願いしたい。

I want to display in hierarchical format when [Add Tab] is selected.

Upload videos to Stream and create a channel to watch on Teams.
    If you have a sales department in the Stream, you can create a channel as a division of the sales department.
    August meeting, September meeting ... but there are three tabs, August meeting channel, September meeting channel, October meeting channel, so that it looks like a folder hierarchy in Windows Explorer, I want to be able to display it in a way that expands with the top…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A pastoral tutor should be able to view assignments for children under their charge (without being signed up to potentially 100s of groups)

In a pastoral role (e.g. year head, a tutor... whoever), I should be able to see what tasks are set for one of my charges. A work around is to be added as a second teacher to all of their classes - but that could be quite overwhelming. It’d be nicer to be able to say “show me bob smith’s assignments”

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conversation Email

I currently receive notifications for many TEAMS conversations in my inbox. However, each email notification appears in my inbox with the name of the individual who started the conversation. Therefore - if 15 individuals respond to a conversation in TEAMS, I get 15 email notifications all listed with the conversation thread owner as the sender. In addition, if after determining that I can discard the email notification - Outlooks IGNORE feature sees each of these as separate unrelated emails and they must be discarded one by one.

It would be helpful if each notification showed the user who posted a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Encrypted Files

Allow files to be encrypted/locked and require a password to open. So important information can be saved with relative data/files in the same channel folder but only those who know the document password can unlock/open the file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to send emails to Channel/Teams without needing to know the email ID.

If Slack can integrate with O365 Email better than Teams, can Teams reciprocate? Coming from Slack, there is a total lack of ability to send emails to Teams without knowing the email ID.

Slack, has the ability to pull up the DMs, and Channels and choose which one you want to send the email to. See attached png file.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Direct upload to teams (sub)folder in iOS (and Android?) app

The title says it all. This is a must have feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifica of file upload or change

Posssibility to manage allert via mail when a teams menber make some change/upload a file or some change Sally ti a folder or a file

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Sharepoint Activity

Activity done in SharePoint should show on the activity/conversation tab within Teams.

For example, I move a subfolder/file to a new folder in SharePoint then the activity/conversation in Teams Shows that John Doe moved or created a folder/file. That way other team members are aware and know where to find files that they may have been working on.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Email icon in personnal chat thread

When in a personal chat conversation it would be good if in the conversation timeline it showed an email icon with the subject of the mail for mail exchanges between the two participants. When the icon / subject is clicked it expands the email or pops open a new window. Hence email and IM become a merged conversation (perhaps user configurable)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Setting to get notifications for new posts only from channel owners/moderators

I would like to be able to set notifications on a specific channel only for new posts from the channel's owners and moderators.Right now I can set notifications for all posts in a channel, but in, say, a channel where announcements of a service being down are posted, this means I would get notifications when someone who is not an owner is just asking whether it's down. To alleviate this, I'd like to set it to only get notifications when an owner or moderator makes a new post. In addition, I'd prefer it if this notification didn't trigger on new …

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Surface public teams I'm not a member of in message search

Currently, the top search bar only searches messages within teams I'm a member of. In a competing messaging client, I will often search for a problem I'm encountering to find whether someone on another team has run into it. Teams should do this as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Stop treating new replies as new messages in the channel list

In the channel list, whenever someone replies to a thread, it's treated as a new unread message in the channel list. This creates a lot of unnecessary noise - if I cared about this thread, I would have joined it already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base