Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. More Background images options needed

Can more options for background be made available via Teams ? Also an option to use own jpeg or images should be made available for the back

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Real Time Voice Interpretation

It would be incredible if Teams could provide real-time voice interpretations so that I can present material in English and colleagues in France could hear a voice translation in French and when they communicate back in French I can hear what the are saying in English. I understand Skype was working on this in 2014 and were on the verge of completing it. What happen to it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrlTzS7Fk6o

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SPELL CHECK!!!!!!!!

SPELLLLLLL CHEEEEEECCCCCKKK PLEEEAAASSSSEEEE!!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add other options to Raise Hand, like I'm All Done, I Have a Question, Slow Down, Speed Up, Please Repeat, etc.

Add other options to Raise Hand, like I'm All Done, I Have a Question, Slow Down, Speed Up, Please Repeat, etc. These could be different icons and different colors to easily identify who is indicating what.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Delete "all" future meeting occurrences without removing past occurrences for meetings

According to the official Microsoft Office support web page, "The only way to remove future occurrences without removing past occurrences in "Meeting in a Series" is to delete each instance of a recurring meeting individually".

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/cancel-all-future-meetings-in-a-series-9eaeee8c-bfe3-46a0-a092-9a2707f3b133

There should be an option to delete "all" future meeting occurrences without removing past occurrences for meetings in which I am not the organizer.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Planner App in Teams - color code entries

Similar to another post, but more specifically Planner allows user to add a color tab (label), but that doesn't show up once you close the event. It should change the color of the text, or have highlighted (colored) stripe over the text, so that users know what tab/label that event relates to without opening it.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Bookmark Frequently Used Files

Ability to bookmark the files (across teams) that you frequently use.
    How could this be done? For a file under the ellipses where you can find items such as "edit in teams", "open in browser", etc., have option for "bookmark".

Where to find your bookmarks? On the Files tab, there are 3 views currently: (1) Recent, (2) Microsoft Teams, (3) Downloads. Add a fourth for Favorites. This would look similar to the recent view, but filtered only to those you have favorited.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. custom background for Together Mode

I would like to upload a photo of my office so that meeting participants appear on my company background.

Solution proposal:
    The user must upload a .jpg or .png file. After uploading, he should point out the places where people are to be plotted in the meeting.

I will put a real picture of my company's auditorium so that everyone can appear together, but within our company

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Can you change the background color or something bigger, bolder and obvious when I am on mute?

Now that this moved to the upper right corner it isn't obvious when I am muted. Maybe change the background color of the meeting?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Integrate personal calendar into Teams Calendar

Microsoft's Calendar app allows you to add a personal calendar (gmail for example) so that members of your organization can see that you're busy for a time period but not show the personal details. This integration doesn't show up on the Microsoft Teams app.
    Now that my organization is using Teams, they're scheduling meetings when I already have a personal engagement because the Calendar app doesn't fully integrate over to Teams.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Have an option where meetings are automatically set as Do not Disturb

Have an option where meetings are automatically set as Do not Disturb

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. When creating a new team site, show the existing team sites that match

To help prevent duplicate Team sites being created it could be handy if during the Create a Team process, as you're typing in the new Team name a simultaneous search of matching words for existing Teams are presented to the end user.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. For IM which i do all day it would be better to have the same layout as Skype, Contacts list on separate screen with chat box when IM'd. :)

For IM which i do all day it would be better to have the same layout as Skype, Contacts list on separate screen with chat box when IM'd. :)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Provide more meme pics showing women

There are various pictures available to be used as memes, but out of those showing a person whose sex is obvious, 11 are male, and only 1 is female. I propose you aim for a balanced ratio to make the meme feature attractive for and representative of ALL Teams users (and, by the way, people of colour aren't really represented, either). More diversity would be hugely appreciated.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Method for checking old message logs

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    古いメッセージ ログを確認する方法
    Method for checking old message logs

■Description(内容):
    現時点での Microsoft Teams では、メッセージ ログをさかのぼる方法が、画面をスクロールして確認する方法しかありません。
    1年など相当な期間の履歴を確認する場合は、かなりの工数となるため、期間を指定してさかのぼる機能や、ユーザーレベルでテキスト一覧で表示させる機能を要望します。

In Teams, there is currently no way to go back through the message log other than by scrolling.
    Since in cases where you want to check the message log from, for example, one year ago, it takes a lot of time to scroll back to it, please add a way to specify a time period and display the messages as a list to users.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Accuracy of activity reports for Live Event attendees

■Title(件名):
    ライブ イベント の 出席者の活動レポート の正確性について
    Accuracy of activity reports for Live Event attendees

■Description(内容):
    ライブ イベント の 出席者の活動レポート を出力した際に、視聴時間が実際の時間とズレがあったり、主催者が記録されない場合があるので、正確に記録され出力されるように改善することを求めます。

Having output an activity report for Live Event attendees, there are occasions where the viewing time shown in the report does not match the actual value, or where the organizer is not recorded at all, so please correct these issues.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Function to get a list of all devices with Teams app installed

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams アプリがインストールされている端末の一覧を取得する機能
    Function to get a list of all devices with Teams app installed

■Description(内容):
    デスクトップ版 Microsoft Teams や モバイル版 Microsoft Teams がインストールされた端末を一覧で取得する機能を要望します。

Please add a way to see a list of all devices with the Teams app installed, including the desktop and mobile versions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reactions to Team Chat Messages

For reaction responses to team chat messages, there should be a !!! response

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. When someone sets an OOO status, it pops up on EVERY chat that person is a part of. We need a way to disable that

When someone sets an OOO status, it pops up on EVERY chat that person is a part of. We need a way to disable that with out the person that is OOO having to remove it from their status. It drives me crazy having to hit the x everytime I navigate from one chat back to another that the person that is OOO is in.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base