Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Few things to improve

Unstable quite often, history lazy load is slow, messages are not delivered on time quite often...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. iOS Teams App doesn't add Picture in Files tab

Using the iOS app. I'm surprised to discover that when you take a picture right in Teams or attach a picture in a reply, the picture/file doesn't get added to the Files tab. Why is this the behavior? Where does the picture get stored?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Tasks

Tasks don't show up on my phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Schedule darkmode on mobile

Now that darkmode is available in the mobile app, it would be even better if the setting could be schedulded. Normal mode for daylight hours and darkmode for evening/night time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Search on recent

It would be very useful to be able to search by person and see any recent conversations with them in the recent area.

At the moment the recent tab doesn't filter nor is it possible to search, which means its very hard to find any recent chat involving the contact.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Add possibility to modify default action when hitting call buton to 'work number'

To support migrations comming from a traditional PBX like e.g. Cisco, it should be possible to make Teams call the 'work phone number' (=value in the AD attribute 'telephonNumber') by default when hitting the 'call' button. For a bigger number of users, you don't want to migrate everyone at the same time. So in this situation, you don't want to explain to everyone they should look up the phone number and enter this in the numpad instead of clicking the 'call' button. This is an issue when migrated users are calling to non-migrated users who mostly don't have a headset…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. More stable admin interface

It's the third time in 2 weeks that I cannot reach user settings and "org-wide settings" (using the developer tools I see status code 503 for https://admin1e.online.lync.com/OcsPowershellWebservice/Service.svc/OcsTenant?adminDomain=[my tenant name].onmicrosoft.com). The stability of the admin interface (at least the part that is on host admin1e.online.lync.com) seems to be very sub optimal, so you might invest some time to fix that before adding new features.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. A few improvements to joining and managing teams

Two things: Improve the search function, and improve the speed at which teams load when you're trying to join new teams.

I find oftentimes that searching for teams returns no results, so I end up scrolling down through the list and searching manually for the teams I want to join.

I also find that when joining new teams in order for all teams to load I have to fullscreen the window. I'm not sure why this is but it's somewhat frustrating.

Additionally, a minor third note: why are the icons for settings and managing teams identical? Wouldn't it make more…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. See Chats and Teams while creating a meeting

Currently when I'm creating a meeting (in progress) I can't access chats and teams. It's not convenient, because I often want to copy paste some details from chats to meeting description. Currently I have to close the meeting and discard all changes to see any chat and get details from it or just discuss with someone meeting details or schedule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Type a new message / Start new conversation inconsistency

When going from chat to team conversation, the textbox label for conversations should display "Start new conversation..."
    Instead it displays "Type a message".
    It changes correctly after textBox->Focus(), But it it still misleading.

Repro step:
    1) Click chat
    2) Click on chat background (or any chat message, or hit escape) to remove focus from textbox.
    3) Click Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Fix foreign languages characters in notifications email from Teams

Foreign languages characters in notifications email from Teams doesn't display correctly. E.g. for Norwegian special characters like Æ, Ø and Å, if a user named Bjørn sends a message to another user, the subject of the notification email will be "Bjørn sent a message"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Microsoft Ninjacat Emoji

Please add a Microsoft ninjacat emoji to the chat. Compare this link for details and examples: https://news.microsoft.com/life/ninja-cat/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Partner with someone other than Telstra

Won't be using Office 365 Calling until there's a choice of providers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Hide my video, only for me

Video calling works great, but one feature I really wish Teams had in common with Skype for Business is the ability to hide my own video. It's pretty distracting and makes me feel a bit self-conscious, so I often end up turning it off... Skype has a little button in the top right of the user's own video that hides it. This would be really useful!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. go back to skype for business!! this is a very big step back in time, a total usles product

Go back to skype for business, this product should never have been put in production, it is a big waste of money, can not be used professonel.
    my customers are using skype for business and I can not communicate

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How can i remove the organization that I no longer have access to as a guest?

How can i remove the organization that I no longer have access to as a guest? I hope the Teams app has the ability to retire from the specified organization.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.