Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. boin.kim@8byte.co.kr

I'm a person who's using "Microsoft teams."

There is some inconvenience in using it, so I hope you can improve the following quickly.

1. The user wants to update the profile picture, but the desktop doesn't have a place to edit the profile picture. So I updated my profile picture on the mobile app. Please allow me to update my profile picture on my desktop.

2. The user has updated the profile picture, but it is not visible to the other person. (Desktop, mobile app)

I use MAC OS. Please update it quickly. Thank you.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Dont reset the Teams view when switching between tabs on the navigation sidebar

It's really frustrating how the view on the Teams tab resets back to the root of the Team everytime I switch to another tab on the navigation sidebar.

E.g. i'll be viewing or editing a document or every just browsing files in a subfolder in the Teams view/tab on the sidebar. I switch to the Chat view/tab on the sidebar and when I switch back to the Teams view/tab I'm presented with the root of the Files folder of the Team or the General Conversation tab. NOT where I just was just moments ago.

This is a huge time waster,…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. File sharing and uploading the files from computer, oneDrive, Dropbox etc. should be disable, as per data security.

File sharing and uploading the files from computer, oneDrive, Dropbox etc. should be disable, as per data security. It is difficulty to cont with MS Team.
    We need basic need in MS Teams to be used, giving certain features to work and disabling the anything upload from Teams app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - O365 Teams Portal improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Melhorias no Planner

Permitir que seja possível:
    - usar formatação (negrito, itálico e ambos juntos)
    - notificar a pessoa através de @<username>
    - criar títulos para as listas de verificação (como forma de organização)

obs.: existe uma limitação ao redigir um item de verificação. É possível deixá-lo ilimitado ou, ao menos, aumentar a capacidade de caracteres?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix your image attachment features because they are BROKE.

Your broken program just cost me feedback at work. Having to wait till all your images are loaded before you can hit enter and send them has again cost me time at work. You should be able to hit enter to send images and just have them send when they are done loading instead of having to wait. Also having to rename images that are named the same IN YOUR MESSENGER is counter productive and annoying. Be more like skype and less broken.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Notifications

Please stop duplicating seen notifications via emails. I’m always on mobile and keep getting emails from Teams on stuff I’ve already seen.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include names in VTT transcripts

When generating automatic transcripts of recording done via Teams, it would be useful to include the name of the speaker with each message alongside the timestamp and UUID.

I have developed a formatter that will convert the VTT transcripts to conversational text and it would be good to include an option where each item of text/speech has the name of the speaker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. iOS mobile app font was changed in a recent release. It is no longer modern and more difficult to read

Please revert back to modern and easier to read font or allow selection of font in settings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Embed SharePoint Page in a Static Tab

It is not possible to create a personal app with a static tab that displays a SharePoint page because the authetication fails at this point.

There are many companies using Teams as their main communication plattform without building intranet-structures in SharePoint.

To make selected ressources available through an app we need a supported way on how to do it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. assignments, portfolios and more

I am a teacher with a Govt school in Australia. My school covers all ages. So my feedback below is primary coming the perspective of how assignment submission can be made easier for students, teachers and also parents to engage in the process.

Idea One - Automatic Sway Portfolio of Achievements

It would be great if somehow everything submitted into via the Assignments tab could auto fill into a sway. I am envisaging a Sway that has the assignment attached into it, along with the teacher feedback. The sway would live inside the students OneDrive/O365, not within the team.

Why…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - O365 Teams Portal improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Teams chat improvements

Teams chat is really user unfriendly. It's difficult to find contacts and not easy to navigate.
    Put it side by side with other chat programs and you will see how poor it is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. In Chat, have separate zoom function for chat window and contacts.

In Chat, have separate zoom function for the chat window and contacts. Currently the zoom function (ctrl+mouse scroll) applies to both. The contact list font size does not need to be this big and it should be compressed to utilize the dead space. I have a lot of ongoing chats and scrolling through the contact list can take time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Move call ribbon when on a call

Move the call ribbon when on a call

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. 채팅 내용 삭제 기능이 있으면 좋겠습니다.

채널 혹은 채팅진행 시 삭제 기능이 있으면 좋겠습니다.
    도움말에는 삭제기능이 있다고 하지만, 실제로는 삭제할 수 있는 Tab이 나타나지 않습니다.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Improve Wiki Quickly

I'd really like to see the Wiki improve. I'm using it as a primary communications tool for my team and there are some obvious omissions, such as being able to drag and drop a file onto a page just like Confluence. Also, it's not possible to set an inline link across pages because there no linking facility besides going to the target and then copying the link.

PS, please make the Pages list and the Teams list panels be resizable!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base