Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PowerBI User Impersonation for Capacity/Premium organizations

Our organization has licensing for PBI capacity, we would like to group our PBI reports/dashboards in limited number of workspaces to simplify the deploy and maintenance of PBI distributed/shared reports/dashboards. In some cases these reports might be shared across different MS Teams which requires us to copy the report or dashboard to the Teams accessible PBI workspace and capacity enable that workspace. As you can foresee this is going to inevitably create big maintenance/deployment consideration. You will need to be aware of all the Teams/Workspace in which the PBI report has been deployed/shared when making any change to said PBI…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2. Ability to save a chat to a file, ie F12 in Skype

This is useful for putting a title and tags on a conversation to add context and save for accessing later or quickly seeing who you talked to and adding info on who was in the chat.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. adjust size of preview window in teams

It would be nice to adjust the size of the preview window (i.e the small window displaying your meeting in the upper left hand corner when you're in another perspective like Chat). This way you can expand the window to clearly see visuals of the meeting while you're in other perspectives

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Importing contact information into teams from O365

How do I add the contact information into teams from O365 so that instead of displaying the number of the person calling it displays the name as well as the number?

How do I do this on a company-wide scale?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Phone usage needs A LOT of improvement.

The phone part of Teams is absolutely terrible. Once you use the phone system to make multiple calls you will see. We used Skype For Business in our freight brokerage and it was good...not great, but good. Teams for use as a phone is flat out terrible in every way. Test it by making a lot of calls, putting calls on hold, calling contacts, redialing, etc etc....

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add option for ALL MEMBERS CAN RESPOND, to the ONLY OWNERS CAN POST option

Add sub-option for ALL MEMBERS CAN RESPOND TO CONVERSION, to the ... ONLY OWNER CAN POST option. The wording would then change on the top option to something like ... ONLY OWNERS CAN START CONVERSATION.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Activity tab should not show content for a hidden team

Activity tab should not show content for a hidden team. Once a team is hidden its activity should not be broadcasted on the Activity tab as the user is not interested in the content.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Online Users on Top of the List

All online users should be seen on top of the contact list...

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Project Time management

Have a Tab at top with Board/Chart/Schedule/Project Time and Team captain could place the total number of hours (payed for/ bid for) each project and any collaboraters can add a new line with description/time took/date the action took place...and then those hours go against the master total

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Delete Messages sent to External Contact

I want to be able to delete messages sent to a contact that is external to my organization without deleting the contact.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. send a message quietly

one should be able to send a message quietly if needed(such as FYI kind of info) so that it does not show a notification immediately in group members. they can see the message when ever they open teams app.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Easy synchronize team folders button in Teams client

To synchronise team folders in Explorer (OneDrive) one now has to open a team's SharePoint site first, to then find the "sync" button. This often ends up syncing a channels folder only (so one has to repeat this manually for each channel or go up one level on the SharePoint site).

It would be great to have a "sync team" option in the team's option menu, so one does not have to leave teams or browse on Sharepoint to achieve this.

Disclaimer: I found that this idea was on the techcommunity since 2017 already, where I also found the picture…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Support for Grouping individual persons in a Group

Can we have the feature of Grouping individual persons in a Group(Only for user) like in Skype.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. La mejor manera d que la aplicación sea buena es mejorando esos dos aspec

Es terriblemente lento y consume muchísimo recursos del ordenador. la mejor manera de hacer que la aplicación sea una buena es mejorado esos dos aspectos

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Screen Grab

On the Desk top app I can take a screen grab and add it to my chat BUT if i have pasted the wrong thing in there I cant delete it out. I have to post it then delete it. While it is still not sent I should be able to delete it. As the way you do it the person I am chatting with get a notification that i hit send on something.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Multiple Emoji's

In Skype I can, in a reply, hit the emolji I want over and over again. In Teams I have to hit the emoji menu each time and then click the emoji I want :( I want how Skype works

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Open links in Edge Setting on Teams for iOS

Much like Outlook on iOS, I would like Teams for iOS to offer the ability to open links in Edge instead of Safari.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. MTR calibration setting

Like in the teams app there should be a Teams Echo feature for MTRs to configure and essentially aid provisioning of video, audio and presentation in the room.

This will be useful both for provisioning and testing upgrades.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Room Systems  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add a Share document inside Teams via Outlook

If i create a Microsoft document inside of teams, you should be able to share via outlook from inside of Teams

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow for admin to suppress add/removed messages in the general channel

The user add/removed messages that appear in the organizational general channel represent, in most cases, the on or off-boarding of employees which can sometimes be sensitive information. It would be great if these group admin-related messages could be hidden or disabled at the admin level. Thanks,

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base