Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Facebook Messenger Connector

It would be great if Microsoft didn't retire connectors so abruptly, breaking established business processes. Since Microsoft is prematurely retiring the Facebook connector, allowing Flow to retrieve wall posts as well as messages from messenger, it would at least fill the gap.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Set available holidays for Shifts

Allow users / managers to set the available holidays for members at the start of the year for a good overview of howmuch holiday you can plan etc.
    Good integration with the mentioned suggestions of importing public holidays based on location.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improve Teams invite Link

When an invitation for a Teams meeting is sent to an external user who may not be on Teams, its not immediately clear that they can participate in the meeting with just a web browser. There's too much promotion of Teams in the web page and clients become confused.

Join on the Web Instead, should be changed to something like "Join this meeting now, no app required" an be more prominent then the "Download Windows App"

This way new customers will get to experience Teams Video conference an they will convert!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Auto reload tab

We are using a service account logged into Teams to display the Planner calendar on a TV in our work area.
    We need a way to make it auto-refresh every few minutes.
    That way, a team member can add a task on their Teams, and have it automatically populate on the TV.
    Our current work around is to open the Teams Planner on a web browser, and use an extension to auto-refresh every so often. Otherwise, any tasks created in Planner don't show up until it's manually refreshed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Planner  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. screen resolution surface pro 6 - files upload window

when choosing "upload files" in the "files" section of a team, the window opens with a strange resolution = extremely small font size (compared to the usual look of the file explorer) - see screenshot1.jpg.
    I'm using the recommended settings for the Surface Pro (full resolution, 200% size for apps, text, etc. - see screenshot2.jpg). I think the 200% setting is being ignored by the pop-up in the app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. meetings tile gone

Please put the "Meetings" view button back. The "1 Day" calendar option is not the same.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

Time and Date should always appear if the Team app is going to consume this much real estate on screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Don't keep showing "video play" notification

Someone recorded a meeting in one of our Teams Channels this morning. Since then, about every hour, I notice the Teams icon on my taskbar showing that I have unread messages. Spelunking through the Teams and Chat views, I don't see anything showing up as unread, but if I go to the "Activity" view, the post with the meeting video download link keeps showing up with a current timestamp with the preview text "Video Play". The post doesn't show "Edited" or anything. Am I getting notifications every time someone else downloads the file, or what? Regardless, this seems silly to…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Change Window Color, Add Opacity, and Customize Chat Background and Bubble

It would be really cool if we could change the window color of the MS Teams app. For example, the border of the app is purple. But it would be cool if we could change it to any other color or at least make it dark similar to how we can change Outlook to dark. Also, it would be cool if we could add Opacity to MS Teams app similarly to how you can add and adjust the opacity in the command prompt. Lastly, it would be cool if we could change the background of our chat to any .jpg…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Improved Search and View of All Channels

Please improve search of all public channels so that there is more transparency across organization and easier ways of cross-functional team collaboration. Having to enter a code is extremely tedious and being only able to have visibility to teams I'm added to make me feel siloed within my company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. I want to be able to see at all times if there are unread messages for any of my accounts.

I have two accounts, one at the company I work for, let's call it company C, and one for our client, let's call it company A. I have to switch back and forth between the accounts throughout the day to make sure I didn't miss any messages. There really ought to be some way for me to see if there are unread messages on my company C account when logged in to my company A account, and vice versa.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Display all the teams a user is a member of in the teams admin center

Currently, the only way to quickly view the teams a member is a part of is by using the PowerShell command "PS> Get-Team -User dmx1@example.com"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Automatically suggest a Teams meeting in Outlook for large internal recipients

When sending an email message to a large set of recipients that are internal, it would be good If Outlook could suggest an existing or NEW teams chat/channel for uses to meet in rather than continuing with reply to all meetings in Outlook!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Show Out of Office Time in a Different Color

In Outlook when you are going to be out of the office it shows that day in a different color. It would be nice if Teams could add that feature.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. If you create a group chat, can you delete the group?

Have the option to delete a group chat completely.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Format Painter on Wiki tab

That would be perfect to have Word like "Format Painter" on Wiki tab which I and my team are using for regular reporting purposes. This can make our lifes much easier.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Not able to delete bulk of groups on Teams

Not able to delete bulk of groups on Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better image sharing

Make it possible to share more than one image at a time when selecting images to send in chat

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Allow us to obtain logs of shared content or screen in Teams meetings

It would be great if we could obtain logs of shared content or screen in Teams meetings.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base