Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. not able to chat with users that recently got moved to using Teams for Chat

check for ChatUserType each time the Application opens, treat the user as 1 chat entity instead of having a conversation that went on while the user was chatting with Skype vs Teams Chat conversation thread being two different conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Shifts in Microsoft Teams to be viewable by non-team members in a Sharepoint Web Part

We want employees of the firm to know which service desk technician is doing which shift each day, which they currently maintain through the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams for the Service Desk team. Only Service Desk members are part of that Team at the moment.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Set password to open apps

I hope teams apps can set password to open apps on the phone

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quick Access to another person's calendar

Would be great if there were a way in teams to quickly view another person's calendar. Initial goal is to understand the person's next available time. It should initially present a the person's Calendar "Day View" as is the case for one's own calendar.
    I'm sure there would be other use cases for this as well.
    The attached screen print shows a mockup of the Contact Card form and how the access point/button could be located/placed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow me to control what is shown in my feed.

Allow me to control what is shown in my feed, rather than just adding any old noise (the default behaviour).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Support third party keyboards on iOS in all Microsoft apps

I use Gboard as my main keyboard on iOS. I swipe. I have been since 3rd party keyboards came to iOS. Swipe, Gboard, Microsoft had a nice one they later store.

Is there a reason to not support 3rd party keyboards? They are specifically being excluded. My only guess it's because of MDM and security rules. As keyboards ask permission to see all that you type for their training on features. Is this a setting that can be switched by my company?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Ability to share computer audio in a Teams conference call

I have seen a request for users to be able to play video with sound through Teams.

It would be very helpful to simple just share the audio from my computer to the people present on the call. I previously used Zoom to do this, I would be able to play music during our team retrospectives whilst we were posting notes on the virtual Mural board, unfortunately Zoom is no longer available to my company.

This would be a really cool feature for Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Where to begin!?

So you are saying we should no longer use Skype (for Business). OK so we have been using Teams to communicate with other staff in our team and have come to the conclusion that Teams is totally useless as a communication device.

1) You cannot communicate properly with someone outside your organisation (even if you turn the option on in admin centre!). We did a test with someone using their external 365 account and they receieved none of the messages we sent him. Also you can't share content with anyone who is external!
    2) You cannot organise your chats in…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Программа не уведомляет о новых сообщениях никогда

Программа не уведомляет о новых сообщениях никогда. Чего я только не делал: регистрировался, ставил все галочки об уведомлениях, но... На Андроиде 8.1.0 телефон Redmi Note 5 пока я не зайду в программу, о том, что мне пришли новые сообщения я не узнаю.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. To show more communications within the window. It’s taking too much of a space now.

The typical chat window look and feel is gone in the Channels. Of course threaded view is useful, but we need to have an option to avoid threaded view if possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Meeting notes: retrieve disappearing text

I just spent an hour putting together minutes from a recorded meeting and twice I had text disappear. The first time only took about 5 minutes to go back and recreate. It was annoying but not the end of the world. However, now the entire set of text (other than a solitary bullet point) has disappeared into thin air. Gone. Nothing left. Blank page. Control Z does nothing and there is no "undo" button to retrieve what has inadvertently disappeared. If this "meeting notes" option in TEAMS is going to be anything more than a blood-pressure-raising nightmare, it had better…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Shortcut to kanban board (planner)

Now you have to select Teams, see all teams, the team, general, more, the planner, select the drop down menu amd open.... Trello is easier and faster and you can use it wide screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability us uses tabs and Apps without a group

Spending much of my time in teams I would like to be able to use Tabs for web pages or OneDrive and Apps (like Twitter) without needing to embed them into a group. Weather a home page function or something similar I would to be able to customize my navigation around teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Create Group chats with a single member

Cusotm-named group chats is a great way to organize topics outside of teams, for example when working on a specific defect or story you can name your group after said sotry number and keep topics targeted.

However when doing this you _have_ to start by targeting 2 people, even though when triaging I may only need ot reach out to 1 initially.

Proposal: allow me to make groups with only 1 member. The value goes beyond "group" chatting... it's also about cataloging on-topic conversations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. On desktop app for Win 10, the ability to select the top of the window to expand the entire app vertically is in wrong position.

The vertical expand mouse hover over should be available at the highest level of the application. You have to move the cursor down to an elusive area to expand vertically.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Show Teams channels as conversations in Outlook and vice versa

This way every time there is a update in a channel I follow I can see that in my Outlook. Ideally I could reply from the same conversation.
    It could work the other way around and I could see all my emails in Teams.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Allow read only permissions

I would like to allow people to view a team and it's contents without being able to directly participate. For example, a project team for a deployment. Regular team members create content and collaborate but others can see what's going on with the project without having the ability to interact. Total transparency with little risk.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Suche

Die Suche sollte nicht nur in TEAMS komplett möglich sein, sondern auch eingeschränkte pro TEAM oder auch nur pro Kanal

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base