Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Allow the posibility to do a mention to the whole chat with "@chatname"

On the current teams version you can do something like "@username" and that send something like special notification to that user, the feature I want is the posibility to do "@chatname" and send that special notification to everyone something like special message mode

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please keep the web version, always.

Being able to use the web version is continually useful, so please don't get rid of it.

Recently I noticed that links to open Teams lost the "open in web" option, which makes me nervous. Please keep the web version easy to get to and working properly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need better support to dial out to another phone #

Use case... I work where the internet connection isn't always stellar (for example a starbucks, Panera, using a broadband connection). I do business calls with screen sharing. When someone calls me through TEAMS, I'd like to have the application automatically dial out to my cell phone (I'll answer), and then I'll do screen sharing through my desktop computer. There also needs to be an option to dial out to another phone that is easily accessible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Microsoft team vs. Share Point

I'm wondering if we can use Microsoft team to function like Share Point. There are a lot of similarities and we tend to switch file share from Share Point to Team. However, I found the files uploaded at Microsoft Team cannot be organized as on Share Point. I would like to add more category to each file so they can be easily filter to search. Is there any suggestions? Thank you very much!

Xin Yang (Ingredion)

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add members to chats in mobile app ios

We should be able to add members to a chat in the mobile app.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Use Cascadia Code for code snippets

The current font stack starts with Menlo and includes Consolas. With the release of Cascadia Code, it would be nice to have it included in the font stack and before Consolas (maybe even first) for users who have the font installed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Azure DevOps Connector for tracking SINGLE work item.

Allow filtering for Azure DevOps connectors for work items. We would like to configure a connector for Azure DevOps work items where you can filter it down to a specific work item. Example "We want to track just Epic A, and ignore changes to Epics B, C, D, etc...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Channel Notifications Should Display Message Preview

When a new message is posted to a channel under a team, the notification contains no content, just that somebody posted a message. This means in order to keep tabs on a conversation you must constantly switch to Teams to see what people are saying.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support for sharing document's with Skype users outside the organisation.

The ability to share documents with users from other organisations.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. guest chat without joining team

We have a team made of people who know things about a certain topic. Other people who are not part of our team want to talk to us (for example to ask us questions about that topic).

Teams should give those people a way to talk to us without joining our team.We've made the Team public so anyone can join, but having to join the team at all (and then leave the team when they're done talking to us) isn't the right experience.

The way this would work in my head is the permissions for a channel would have a…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. floating widget

it is better if teams have a floating widget

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 希望能够在会议结束后可以导出进入过该会议的人员名单

希望能够在会议结束后可以导出进入过该会议的人员名单,比如用teams组织的会议结束后,要看参与者名单,可以从某处导出进入该会议的人员名单。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Teams crashing on video call

Teams crashes every time a video call is started. I have attached a summary of the crash dump taken from an affected machine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Microsoft Teams is the best workspace for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file, and app sharing

Microsoft Teams is a good collaboration space in which to share and work on content for business. Many useful features help us for better teamwork and increase productivity. Moreover, it allows integrating with DevOps solution for development, OneDrive for file storage and sharing, etc.
    Microsoft Teams is the best workspace for real-time collaboration and communication, meetings, file, and app sharing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ability to edit a file in teams as well as be able to open a chat window without losing the edit file page

when I have opened a file from a teams chat conversation to edit [within teams] , and i want to respond or chat with another chat person, i lose the file that was opened to for edit

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. When adding a user to a private chat, the user who participated so far can check

If you add another user to a one-to-one chat (private chat), a new chat is started and the added user cannot see the history.

In group chat, you can choose whether to share the history, so when you try to add a user to a private chat, I want to add a function to whether to share the past history.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. I want to be able to set the user who does / does not notify the channel

The current channel notification settings are only for individual channels or for individual users.
    If users can be notified / not notified from the team and channel settings, it is possible to avoid unnecessary notifications and to notify only users who need notifications.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Show pop up alerts for both regular account and when logged in as guests.  ゲストアクセスしている際、ゲスト側でも通常のアカウントでも通知されるようにしてほしい。

Currently when logged in your regular account you do not receive pop up alerts when chat received at your guest account, nor the other way around; when logged in your guest account there are no pop up alerts when chat is received at regular account. Please add feature to show pop up alerts for both accounts!!!

現在通常アカウントでログイン時、ゲストアカウントで受信してもポップアップの通知が届きません。またゲストアカウントにログイン時、通常アカウントで受信しても通知が届きません。いずれもポップアップ通知が届くようにしてください!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base