Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Transform a chat in a teams channel

We have started a chat on a subjet and the subject grows up and we create a teams now to add more interactions.
    Could it be possible to transform a chat to a channel from a teams group?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Improvements to Teams reports are highly required!!!

Today we can see all kind information, but:
    - how many meetings we have had on the Teams?
    - what media were used on the meetings?
    - how many participants were in the meeting?
    - how long time the meeting takes?
    - how to see the qualities on the meetings?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - O365 Teams Portal improvements  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Message display bug

When someone sends you message on Teams, even if you have read that message, the status of that message remains "Unread". This is a bug.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. communication thru common DL is missing

As a service provider team on IT company, every customer messages need to acknowledge by someone from our service team. In Skype we have option for message to Common DL.. if the particular SPOC not available, any colleges will acknowledge the message and pass the communication to team. Its missing in Teams. Pls look into this

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Emoji for thank you

Can you consider making an emoji for thank you in Teams. Most of the time I would just like to say thank you but don't want to do this through conversation as this seems time consuming and takes up the conversation space.
    Thank you in advance.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Emojis and GIFs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Reply option icon on each message bubble/box

in Teams conversation box, hope you can add the Reply icon to option for each conversation bubble. Like that of FB Messenger, so even if the thread gets too long, we can just right click on a specific chat message and refer to that and make a reply.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. audio recording

Would like a way to turn of or control audio recording levels in meetings. Recording levels can be very inconsistent.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it more like Slack

More emojis, google drive integration, call from web browser, support Linux, remove dumb features I.e read out loud, urgent messages

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. I find the graphics inane, cloying and childishly trendy in an embarrassingly self-conscious way. Can I turn them off?

I find the graphics inane, cloying and childishly trendy in an embarrassingly self-conscious way. Can I turn them off?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. API to control notifications

As an Engineer on Duty, I have to monitor/get notifications from some channels, such as new ticket/incident, alerts, community channels , etc.
    So I have to turn on the banner notifications for those. However, I don't need the notifications from those channels outside of my shift.
    I didn't find any way to to automate that. I'd like API, which allows to enable or disable certain channel notifications .
    I apologise if this is possible today. please provide the ref to doc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Edit message

Add the ability to Edit a Message ( Edit Message ), at least for a period of time, after sending. Typos happen. Autocorrect happens. Clarifying happens (chat doesn't have the topic concept that channels have) after sending. Other IMs have this feature (including Slack). Deleting and then re-sending looks terrible (since we can't hide "this message has been deleted").

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Voice Messages to Bots

I realized on mobile you can send recorded messages to people but not to bots. It would be great feature to add line such as in Line and Whatsapp. Just limited to typing to bots limits the usefulness.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Error in displaying OneNote Tab in Teams 2016 client

New error starting July 25, 2019 - Teams client will not display existing OneNote tabs. These are in several different Teams that have existed and worked fine for months now and suddenly have stopped working (just get blank screen). Have to open in One Note client/web or go to Teams web client. This is not acceptable to require a change in user behaviors. Please fix ASAP!!!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Delete Chat History and Cache

No one likes a full inbox, or conversations that appear endless. Teams should feel more like an instant messenger (less for documentation, and more for getting a quick message to someone). If I wanted long-term records for documentation purposes, I would use Outlook e-mail.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Make it possible to dismiss notifications with middle click

It would be much quicker if we could dismiss the notifications with a single click of the wheel button, as most notifications on Windows do, instead of having to hunt for the hidden X on every single notification.

Cheers!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Search for People BUG

Actually this is a bug. I can not search for people because Teams can not find people based on fractions of their names, ex:
    "Rodrigez Yazvedo, Juan Maria" can not be found by typing "Juan Yazvedo" nor "Juan Rodrigez".

Teams is unable to find a person, unless I know the person's made-up Teams name (family name comma first name), and start typing a string that is contained as an exact sub-string within the made-up name.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

Seria interessante caso houvesse a possibilidade de citar uma conversa em uma resposta.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display a list of apps on the management screen

Microsoft Teams can now set the app's permission policy, but there is no list of apps, so I don't know the app name to block.

Although there was a list up to now, even if you want to search, you can not search for unknown names. It's really bothersome to check from the client one by one, so you should list it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base