Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting

I can not make a new reservation for a conference. 500 error will be returned even after posting

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How can I format section headers?

There was a vehement discussion of the need for full formatting support in Team Wikis a few months ago, which ended with a note that full formatting had been added. However, that does not appear to include section headers. I would like to be able to change the size, font, and so on for section headers so that I can create a Wiki in an outline-type format, with a main section having subsections which themselves have subsections.

I do not need true outline-type support, but I would like to be able to create a Wiki that looks that way.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wiki  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. scheduling assistant spontaneously jumps to a time at 12:00 AM

When clicking on the grid in the scheduling assistant view, the meeting slot sometimes jumps to 12:00 AM for that day. This happens sometimes when clicking on the gray grid, and sometimes when clicking too far on the edges of the visible time window (usually 8 hour span).

I cannot describe exact steps to reproduce it, as it happens spontaneously. Especially after you have clicked on many different time slot tiles already.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am not able to see join metting option for forwarded meetings

I am not able to see join metting option for forwarded meetings

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calendar  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Make Teams search so you can see both sides of the Conversation for Admins

When I do a search for a users supervisor I need to be able to see both side of the conversation in teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Activity is always the thread when starting the app, this should be customisable.

Allow a user to "land" on a chosen area and actual thread rather than the default "recent activity"

Also notification customisation for certain teams only rather than a catch-all

I want to see all threads which I can manually do but I want a single team as my landing

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. planner task with unsent comment locked task

I started typing a comment to update later and closed without sending. It's now sitting above adding a new task in that bucket and won't let me back in / delete it / anything.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No autoload nor mail notifications

Don't make it automatically load when I turn on my PC. Also I don't want to see New Mail notifications that take up 1/4 of my screen

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  IT Pro - Controls and Knobs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Improve upload speed, chat ux improvements, search ability and more

Basically copy features from discord.

Currently teams is way behind discord.

Uploading files and screenshots is abysmally slow. Auto send them and it’s confusing the way it is right now.

When in a call having a small button to continue chat is rediculous. Just copy discord’s exact css formula on private message calls or meetings.

Teams has zero search ability, enough said.

Teams has copy and paste issues when copying text from a chat and highlighting stuff it is sometimes a pain to copy paste. Discord allows copied images to paste right into the window.

I can’t wait to convert…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Interoperability  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. No introductory video was shown once in app

This is a archaic way to ask for feedback, I don't understand when Microsoft will realise the modern world

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Voicemail rewind

Add expanded voicemail playback options such as rewind, forward, replay, rewind 5 seconds, forward 5 seconds, etc. Also seems like there is room for common function like delete, call back, etc. without using the ",,," menu (extra clicks).

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Finding people requires clicking on the people word at the top. Almost all users miss this step

When searching for someone to chat with the default is to search within messages. You have to click on the people word at the top. However this isn't clear from the UI. Most users miss that they can click on the words at the top causing them to think that the user they are looking for doesn't exist. In 6 months I've been called by every new employee about this. Turn them into tabs or some other way to highlight that so that they are clickable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Unable to get the speaker and video controls to stay onscreen more than half a second. Very problematic on a meeting

Joined a meeting and the control bar would barely appear. The bar would appear after multiple touches on my phone only to dissappear before I can move my finger.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Poor Chat support team

This is regarding your chat support team. I'm chatting w/ them for almost 3hrs and our chat session was disconnected 4 times and they keep on asking the same question again arrrgghhh...

The 1st agent transferred me to a other agent without telling why???

The 2nd agent was quite polite however our chat session was disconnected

The 3rd one was ridiculous he ended the chat after he heard the issue

The 4th one I'm insisting to send us token for activation thru email we already provided everything (invoice , support site for dell where to find the lists of apps)…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. headset mute / end call configuration option

I'm using iPhone and standard iPhone corded headset.
    Pressing the middle button on the headset ends the meeting/Teams call, this is same as a regular voice call.
    During meeting type of calls, I would like to be able to configure the middle button to mute my microphone instead of ending the call/meeting. Would be great if this can be made as a configuration option.

Webex on iPhone uses the headset button to mute the call instead of the end it, even working when phone is locked. This is very handy as often in a meeting you only want to unmute…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Guest Access  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Global Id in people info box

Good morning,
    Chat enables to create groups and to access in one click the people Location, Position, Email and Telephone. Just great. One thing that we often need is the Global ID of the guys for SAP, ReadSoft or other apps; would it possible to integrate the Global Id into the Chat info Box of each guy? It would avoid moving to MySealed, searching the guy, or even worse to move to a summary in excel that too many people are creating. Thanks.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.