Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Notifications: Offer email notification only option

It would be nice to set an email notification only instead of having to have a banner and email notification. I don't want the banner popping up for chats, but if I accidentally close my teams, I would like to at least receive the email that a person or a team project sent a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. How to get status of the person from external organisation?

Hi!

I would like to see the status of my colleagues from external organization like I had it in Skype for Business. In Teams the status of external persons is always "unknown" or offline

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Presence  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. tag conversation with open/closed task

Tag conversation - open task and completed task.

Currently using save conversation flag, but there are other reasons to save a conversation, so the list is not clean/clear, and getting longer each day. And then a page to display these items.
    For items that require follow up, but not big enough to make it into the Planner, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Your Shifts on mobile app displays name of Team and Group rather than the shift!?

The 'Your Shifts' section displays the date and times of shift but the detail on each shift just says the name of the Group and the Team. You have to click on the shift to get the shift notes. I need the shift notes to be able to add location as this is also a missing feature. It displays correctly in the desktop app but not on mobile.

This is also a problem with the 'Teams Shifts' section where I can see the staff member and the time of the shift but nothing else.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Teams app continuously opening up.

Could not find a better category, sorry. I would suggest some changes to the Teams app getting opened all the time.
    There is a setting of starting up in background, that means the application does not pop up and open its user interface, but even if you turn on this setting, it does open up the user interface when starting up. This is the most annoying bit about it.
    Also when I right-click on the taskbar icon, the app should not open up, but the context menu. What if I only want to Exit or Change Status? I do not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Settings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unfocusing backgroud image when sing in to window is realy terible idea. Please, return to behavioe before last "upgrade".

With last update of Windows 10 the background image on login screen become unfocused when edit fields for login occur. It is very uncomfortable, disturbing. Th image should not change at all or become a bit darker as it used to be.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Feature to show only users who are on shift

I would like you to implement a filtering feature to show users who are on shift in the Shifts app in Microsoft Teams. Shifts app currently shows all users regardless they are on shift or not, and this is not easy to see.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Shifts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Teams Mac prompts for password every launch. I am up to date...

Teams Mac prompts for password every launch. Why does it do this? I opened a support ticket and they couldn't help me, referred me to this place.

Does anyone actually vote in here? Seems like unless you have 10,000 votes nothing gets done. What a poor system.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Fix these missing features and bugs, and Teams will be tolerable

1. Allow users to hide any UI element, especially the completely redundant "Activity" feed but also Calls, Meetings, etc. If it's not relevant to a user's work, they shouldn't have to see it.

2. Get rid of mandatory "General" channel. This should be a toggle, with default "off." Let teams create their own channel selection as their usage needs dictate.

3. Channel topics need to exist. Channel topics have been a thing since IRC was invented, and literally every chat system since has had them. Why? Because they're useful. So add them.

4. Add /me actions. IRC has it, Slack has it, Hipchat had…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. If you search while in a chat or channel, automatically update filter to reflect your current position.

Let us say that you are in a specific channel regarding issue A, lets say your team member chatted privately with you more recently about A. You are in your channel looking for issue A, the most recent results will be from your private chat and not the channel you are currently in. Please have the filter updated automatically to search in your current position with an option to expand.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. F2 edit of conversation entries

It would be nice to select a conversation entry and hit F2 to edit rather than clicking elipse ... to edit. Or you can keep both just F2 would make the edit much quicker.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. enhance the call feature to be able to send out mass communication to members or groups in channels or teams. mass text/call capability

Enhance the call feature to be able to send out mass communication (text, call, or email) to members or groups in our contact list, members in channels/teams.

My organization would benefit from a mass text/call capability and if possible, the ability to view responses. Similar to an APP like "Everbridge"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Using Teams Planner with JAWS with all three versions

Here are some of the main issues found and recommendation to make Planner more accessible for (AT) assistive technology users . I did not have time to do a full exploration and truly document everything. I tested all three versions of PC client, mobile, and Web versions.

Teams PC client
    It is very difficult to gain access to Planner, users will be stumbling to open Planner. The PC client of Teams should have followed the logical order of opening Tabs, such as: Control + 1 gives access to Activity Tab. Thus, Control + 7 should have been the logical order…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. call queues - Prompt to accept queue call.

As an Admin you should be able to disable the confirm accept call prompt for queue calls. Let me provide an example so that the request is clear:
    Customer calls call queue
    Call queue rings user
    User answers the phone
    Teams then ask the user to press one to accept the call.

That is the prompt that as a Teams Admin (Voice Admin), however, the rights get setup, you should be able to disable.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  IP Phones  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Record to a local drive

It is much more useful to record directly to the local hard drive than to be worrying about data limits, upload speeds, cloud storage security, and so on. Please port the Skype for Business recordings manager.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Automated call when meeting begins to dont have to check meeting times frequently.

Teams to call me on the phone when meeting begins and join automatically!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Suppress "Download" link for on-screen PDF files in teams PDF viewer tab

Sharing of sensitive internal documents with a defined group of stakeholders via teams should include the ability to suppress the download capability.

We wish to share policy documents as on-screen PDFs that staff ccan view via PC and mobile app for teams, but not get to the download function. We don't want a user to accidentally share these policies externally as attachments.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Files  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base