Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:
1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (Please include only one suggestion per post. Duplicates are merged together.)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Is it possible to have option for banner to display on bottom left corner instead of bottom right? It disrupts my work on the bottom right.

Please have option to move notification banner to bottom left hand side or top right corner instead of bottom right corner please. The notifications on bottom right corner disrupts my work. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The ability to look at the day's activity i.e. to look at what calls & meetings took place in chronological order &how much time was spent

The ability to look at the day's activity i.e. to look at what calls & meetings took place in chronological order &how much time was spent

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Search  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. quick chat from meeting

It would be nice if when in a multi-person meeting you could right click on one of the participates and send a chat to that person rather then clicking on Chat icon (outside of the meeting) and then searching for the person and then be taken out of the meeting to only see the person talking.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Messaging  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add a feature to be able to hide someones video

It would be great to hide video's because some people keep theirs on when the presenter has their on, it would be nice to be able to hide those people so we can focus on the presentation and the presenter only.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. right click on chat to preview chat notifications. with ability to open chat in popout window

ability to right click on chat to preview chat notifications (new chats received). with ability to open notification / chat in pop out window so you dont have to leave current work area

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Easy way to view team membership when in a channel limited to only team members

Currently, when on the "Posts" tab of a selected channel that has access limited to just team members, I see a "Team" icon in the upper right telling me that access is limited to the team.

I'd like to also have a way to view the team-member roster, e.g. by clicking on that "Team" icon in the upper right. Similar as to when in a group chat, there is a people icon in the upper right that when clicked allows you to view the group chat's participants.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. See from which client meeting participants joined

It would be nice if you could see in the meeting participants list from what Teams client an attendee joined a meeting (web client, desktop client or mobile client) to understand the features available to your meeting attendees, and the limitations of the platform they used to join. For example: limited screen size for mobile, no remote control on web client.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Automatic notification when people are in meetings or presenting so that we don't message them

Have an automatic notification when we try to contact someone that is in a meeting or presenting. Similar to the status message but automatic (could be personalized)

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. irritating issue of status changing

Turn the bloody stupid irritating issue of status changing to away when inactive for 5 minutes let us change it ourselves!!!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Live features for producers

Teams doesn't assume that producers might also be presenters and viewers at corporate events. So features such as change or blur background and watch event in full screen are not available, which are already available for presentes. Also being able to include participants and change role without rescheduling the event would be very helpful as these situations are recurring.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Live Events  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. All Mobile Devices: Please add Virtual Background & Raise Hand features

Please add Virtual Background (with option to select and set prior to meeting) & Raise Hand features for mobile users as well

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Moving chats and replies to relevent teams or groups or chats

I would like the ability to move a chat that was supposed to be a reply to an ongoing discussion thread.
    I would like the ability to move a thread to the correct channel within a team or another team channel.
    As per the image attached. I would move all those comments to one thread

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Vacation Mode in TEAMs

Vacation Mode that does not allow messages to be sent to you, so when you come, there is not an overwhelming volume of work.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  People  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Craving for virtual background for iOS

Craving for virtual background for iOS

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Behavior where if rights assigned to a user are changed from those of an Owner to a Member in Stream, the related team disappears from Teams

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Stream 内で所有者からメンバーへ権限変更した際、Microsoft Teams から当該チームの表示が消える動作について
    Behavior where if rights assigned to a user are changed from those of an Owner to a Member in Stream, the related team disappears from Teams

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Stream グループのメンバー シップにて所有者→メンバーへ変更した場合に、Microsoft Teams 上か対象チームの表示が消えてしまう。
    上記事象を回避するために、所有者からメンバーへ権限を変更したい場合は、対象ユーザーをメンバー シップから一旦削除し、メンバーとして追加する操作が必要であるため、変更をしても Microsoft Teams 上にて該当のチームの表示が継続されるよう機能の拡充を希望します。
    If you change a user from being an Owner to a Member in the membership of a Microsoft Stream group, the display of the relevant team disappears from Teams.
    As a workaround, if one wants to change a user from an Owner to a Member, the user has to be removed from the…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Instant swapping between PowerPoint presentation and video

Hi. When using PowerPoint I'd like to be able to click on the small small video window of myself to bring the video feature back on whilst swapping the PowerPoint into the small window. When I'd like to return to the PowerPoint I could click on it and swap it back from myself. This would allow me to instantly stop the PowerPoint to briefly practically demonstrate something and then instantly return to my open PowerPoint in the same place.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Concerning message displayed when Teams is launched

■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams 起動時の表示について
    Concerning message displayed when Teams is launched

■Description(内容):
    Microsoft Teams を起動すると 64bit 版のインストールを推奨する メッセージが表示さるため、インストールのメッセージを非表示にするような機能を実装してほしい。
    When you run Microsoft Teams, a message recommending you install the 64-bit version. We would like to be able to prevent that message being displayed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Desktop  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. video conferencing to make it better

i find the team not robust enough for video conferencing​
    when the presenter is using the video mode (not slide mode), my screen will pop over to another screen as the other participant who is speaking or not muting his microphone.
    i hope user can change the settings accordingly to his preferences during the meeting~ to show only the presenter video sharing.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Developer Platform  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Regarding the invitation of guest users to teams

■Title(件名):
    チームへのゲストユーザーの招待方法について
    Regarding the invitation of guest users to teams

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business の外部共有の方法として "既存のゲストのみ" があり、Azure AD 上に登録済みのゲストユーザーのみに共有を行う方法があるが、現在の Microsoft Teams では、"既存のゲストのみ" チームに招待を可能とする機能が提供されていません。

Microsoft Teams の運用においてセキュリティの向上が期待されるため、本機能の実装を希望します。

Currently, one option of external sharing in SharePoint Online / OneDrive for Business is "existing guests only" and this way, sharing can be done only with guest users registered on Azure AD. But Microsoft Teams as of now is not provided with a function to enable the invitation of "existing guests only" to teams.

I would like this function to be implemented as it would enhance security in…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. scheduling assistant for meeting scheduled by others

Would like to have scheduling assistant on meetings scheduled by others of which I am an attendee, just like Outlook. That helps me to quickly see others availability for moving meetings and scheduling other meetings.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base