Public

Hi there, you’ve reached the user feedback site for Microsoft Teams. It’s managed by our Customer Advocacy Team inside Microsoft Teams Engineering led by Karuana Gatimu. Our entire team believes in representing your needs inside our engineering group and we appreciate the time you take to share them with us. Rest assured that a large team of dedicated people read and discuss your feedback!

Here’s how to get your voice heard:

1 — VOTE for existing ideas (this will also subscribe you to the idea’s status updates)
2 — SUBMIT new ideas (any duplicates are merged together)
3 — RATE the product by clicking the little orange star on this page. This helps us understand our overall standing with users. It will collect your rating every six weeks.
4 — COMMENT in ideas’ threads, which we check regularly

For official product and feature updates we recommend three things:

Stay tuned here: We update our work items monthly
Read our Blog: Official announcements come from our blog at https://aka.ms/TeamsBlog
Review the Roadmap: Our upcoming features can be seen within the Microsoft 365 roadmap site at https://aka.ms/M365Roadmap

The Fine Print:  We have partnered with UserVoice, third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy, including license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.  

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. White noise when joining a call

Skype and Teams used to have a white noise play when you joined a call; it's disappeared now, and it's hard to tell if headsets are working.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. private messages within a public meeting

Ability to select one of the attendees in a public meeting and send them a private message, without switching to chat nav, will be very helpful for speakers to interact with each other (ask questions of a colleague, do a time check, etc.) without sharing text messages with all attendees

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow me to access my outlook email so I dont need to keep 2 apps open... wastes my time

allow me to access my outlook email so I dont need to keep 2 apps open... wastes my time

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Tabs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Make it work

Copy and paste doesn't work. If you try and copy all the message text then it also copies who sent it and when. The like function also makes it impossible to click on links that appear on the end of a message.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. teams meeting can't see shared PowerPoint - Galaxy S10

When joined to a meeting, cannot see PowerPoint shared by presenter.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Files tab missing Galaxy s10

Files tab is missing. Unable to access files in Teams

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Website Slack Support

In the past we where able to load a Website channel tab with Slack thus having Slack inside of Teams. It was great and allowed for our Devs(Who refuse to leave Slack) to work and talk with our other teams and staff on Teams. As of a recent change the browser that runs this in Teams is no longer supported. Please I beg of you to get an update to the browser to bring this functionality back.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. But if we add two or more tabs then finding them is quite bore. Instead we can have group to where all similar apps can reside init.

Though MS-Teams had vast no. of features adding tabs in the Teams & channel is very great stuff. But if add two or more tabs then finding the link is quite time taking and boring . If i could group them into buckets it might easier for picking from the buckets/group. So all similar apps can reside in.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Conference call status

As soon as you join a Skype Call, you are shown as not just "Busy", but "In a Conference Call", however in Teams you are just "Busy". Please can we have the same option as Skype? Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Meetings  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. New name

I can hardly “Teams” you, now can I, but I can certainly Slack or Skype you!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. MSFT needs a UI for .net core, why didn't you use this as an exercise...

...for that instead of making another %^%&*^ poorly performing electron app.

You had other choices for app tech (WPF), and this is a windows only program. Electron makes no sense as a choice, and now we all must suffer from it.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Performance  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Add a bot that you can mention in a thread that who gathers the thread and exports/stores it in for example SharePoint

Add a teams bot that you can mention in a channel conversation thread who gathers the complete thread and exports/stores it in SharePoint or puts it into a downloadable format.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bots  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Pay attention to what we are telling you.

You have DECLINED things that should have been automatic YES (not talking about a stickers pack).

You BACKLOG-DECLINE things that should not have required a user even ask for them.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Getting Started  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Give us the ability to create wireframes of the teams client (or parts of it) to show you what layouts work best for us.

I look at the teams UI and I cannot read anything. When I say read, its not just a matter of font size or if I'm wearing glasses, I mean the navigation and organization of the communication points in the client makes it hard to quickly determine if some action on my part is necessary. Its also stupidly hard to locate the correct click points to compose a message to a specific party.

Its not just these things, its many things, and its hard to convey with text or verbal. I say its hard because of the dearth of complaints…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  UX/Design  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. The new Call feature:

Can you make the Call contact quick list a "little" more compact?
    I don't want to blody scrool to find someone.

A list would do fine. I'm braking my neck just trying to find who I want to contact. I'm not blind. Whos designing this stuff???

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Calling  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Teams freezes when using the camera in the conference room.

Video freezes then cuts out, sometimes audio also cuts out. The application does not respond, it is not possible to close it. After closing with the task manager, it sometimes still bugs afterwards.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Mobile Handover

It would be great if there where a possible handover a Teams Meeting to Teams running of the mobile phone and from the phone to the desktop client.

So I can eg. join a meeting with the app in the car and continue on the desktop after reaching the office. The greatest experience would be if I can continue using the same Bluetooth headset after the handover.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Chat important message

Hello,

it would be great if, before I send a chat message, I could choose that when the receiver receives the message, a window would pop-up on the receivers desktop. This would be useful when you have something urgent to discuss with someone.

I dont have my notifications activated for chats, because I dont want to be interrupted when I´m in the zone, so to speek. So, if someone needs me right away, he could choose that the message pop-ups in front of my face.

BR,
    Sebastian

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Notifications  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. An Ticketing system App

An Ticketing system App

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Apps, Connectors, Messaging Extensions  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. It's good to have an action to expand / unpack all contact groups

In the teams window Contacts groups - It's good to have an action to expand / unpack all contact groups

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Teams and Channels  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

You are about to visit the UserVoice site for Microsoft Teams

We have partnered with UserVoice, a 3rd party service providing public discussion forums for product-specific feedback.

By clicking "Continue to UserVoice" you agree to UserVoice's Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.